Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 21 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:45 PM

Jacy love your colors. So sweet and pretty. 

JAP, I want to quilt individual blocks like you did. I've not tried that technique yet.  Hope it comes out as nice as yours. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 12:41 AM

Jacy:
I've got my blocks caught up except for a little hand stitching and I even made 4 extra to make a longer quilt for a bed. Now I'm deciding on sashing, something light, maybe even white and possible a small border if I need it a little bigger.

Your blocks look great together Jacy.

Jacy:
Oops, I have to fix my circle of geese, they are flying out of formation!

I kinda like it this way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 12:42 AM

JAP:
I made a smaller quilt.  It measure 44 X 56.  I used Ann Petersen's method for machine quilting each block before joining them.  It worked great.

Beautiful quilt. Nice work on the quilting. I love the backing too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,244
Points 239,812
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:22 PM

I haven't made my quilt yet - but I finished October's blocks.  I had made the circle of geese with the first pattern my printer printed off and it was the wrong size.  No matter what I do I can not get that printer to print 100% - it says it is but the little square measures 1" x 7/8" ... so I drug out the old printer and used it... it did them perfectly so I finally got over my disappointment and made the blocks...teeehee... here are pictures of the last 2 blocks and all the blocks up on my hallway design wall.  I have to figure out now if I want to just sew them one to another or to do some sashing between them with corner stones.  I like how they look at the moment but that is not to say i won't change the arrangement 100 times before i am completely satisfied...teehee

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Thea,

I love how soft and delicate your blocks look!  Very dainty and pretty for a little girl.

Wish I could help with your computer printer issue.  I know sometimes it makes a difference on mine whether I print from the printer icon button, or go to the toolbar and use File/Print.  

Anyway, your GD will love this quilt!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,244
Points 239,812
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:40 PM

Thank you Max - I can't figure out how to work it on that printer - it is a brand new Photosmart by HP.  My old Kodak - I put it underneath.  It is just easy to use the HP as it is networked and online - I don't have to hook the cable up to it - can print from across the room or from MN if I wanted to... 

I made the 2nd last block the first time with green as the background and then Cassie told me Echo's favorite color is hot pink so when I repeated it I did it with the  pink - so there are all but 2 blocks done with some pink in them... I was surprised when I looked at them all together.

I know she will love it but then she will love anything her Nana makes her.  She got her new boots that I sent and I still haven't gotten the phone call to say thanks...teehee... she does love them though as Cassie says she wears them even with no snow...she'll call me this weekend - she had a busy few days since she got them with girl scouts and dance.  and finding out she was getting another little brother... thanking Nana just got forgotten...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,244
Points 239,812
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:41 PM

I miscounted - there are 3 blocks without the pink...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:40 PM

Love the blocks Thea. So soft looking.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:05 PM

These are the last 4 blocks for this class. May be awhile before I get it quilted tho. I did my flying geese that way on purpose. None of my geese fly in circles. And sometimes they go north before they head south. And each one is different in its own way.  :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:49 PM

Thea:
I haven't made my quilt yet - but I finished October's blocks.

Nice work Thea. Very pretty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:50 PM

Debbie (Dainty):
These are the last 4 blocks for this class.

Pretty blocks Debbie. I like your geese.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,244
Points 239,812
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:44 PM

Very cute Deb - can't wait to see your quilt - I have 8 months to get mine finished - wait and listen to me in June when I am in a rush to get it done...teehee... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,244
Points 239,812
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:46 PM

Kris:

Thea:
I haven't made my quilt yet - but I finished October's blocks.

Nice work Thea. Very pretty.

Thank you Kris , didn't know what we were making when we started and had this grouping of fabrics - sometimes I wish I had added a solid background fabric to the mix but I think this will work - am thinking of putting a solid pink for the sashings and a darker solid pink for corner stones and again pinks for the borders - I think that will satisfy Echo's pink fascination...teehee... again thank you!  

Have been missing you on the boards lately - I know it is aggravating as slow as it has been - I get on and off and on and off... 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:09 AM

Thanks Kris and Thea. Sorry I have missed a bunch of posts on here. Work and some medical stuff has kept me away. I read most of the posts but usually do not have the time to comment. I am glad to have these blocks done. It is a learning quilt for me. I liked some of them and others I will never use again. I am gonna try the quilt as you go method to quilt these. But I have one more top to finish before I get to that. Then there will be 6 quilts I need to do/finish before I start any more.

Debbie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:06 AM

Thea:

Thank you Kris , didn't know what we were making when we started and had this grouping of fabrics - sometimes I wish I had added a solid background fabric to the mix but I think this will work - am thinking of putting a solid pink for the sashings and a darker solid pink for corner stones and again pinks for the borders - I think that will satisfy Echo's pink fascination...teehee... again thank you!  

Have been missing you on the boards lately - I know it is aggravating as slow as it has been - I get on and off and on and off... 

I haven't been around much. I've been busy with school and holiday stuff. I mainly check in with QCA at work between patients. Some nights are better than others. 

Page 21 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use