Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 19 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:30 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I took six of the blocks and made them into a small lap quilt.

I like it Judy. I don't usually go for bright colours but this is really cool. I think your friend would enjoy it. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,630

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I took six of the blocks and made them into a small lap quilt.

I like it Judy. I don't usually go for bright colours but this is really cool. I think your friend would enjoy it. 

That's for all the positive comments. I'm still hesitant to give this to my friend,mostly because of the bright kids prints on the back. I'm working on the backing for the Orca Bay Bonnie Hunter MQ that I made into two lap size quilts. I may give that to my friend instead.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:11 PM

Judy, love your quilt. And I understand what you mean about your friend. I love it but only you know what will be best for her. I'm sure it will find a great home. Anyone would love such a beautiful quilt. 

BTW, crafty latest class features Leah Day and FM quilting on no other than out BOM blocks. Just signed up and was thrilled to see her using her techniques on the different BOM blocks. 

Is anyone else signed up for it??

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 2:37 PM

Pat, get one of the gloves, they are fabulous and you don't ever have to worry about cut fingers again.  The "Klutz"glove,most quilt shops carry them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

I am not quite ready to use a "klutz" glove. That is like confessing to the world that I am a klutz. Like the bandage on my finger didn't give that message. roflol!

I am somewhat disappointed in the final class for the BOM. She didn't show much for quilting at all. Of course, if you want to pay for another class. . . I don't want to pay for anymore classes because the quality is so poor on the computers I use. I tried the two at home and the one at work and they just stop and start and it takes forever to get through a session. I really like the Craftsy classes, but not when it is so frustrating. So I will just have to figure out the quilting for myself. Of course since the blocks are still on my design wall I have some time to think about it, lol.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

I agree with you about the quilting part.  I was really surprised that she didn't stabilize the quilt by stiching both ways through the middle.  As to the streaming problems with Craftsy videos, be sure you turn off the HD.  Just click on the red HD icon on the video to turn it off.  That made all the difference in the world for me.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 555
Tammy replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:12 PM

Thought I'd pop in and share my most recent quilt. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/FreckleDots/5326137/quilted_cross_stitch_wall_hanging/handmade/quilts/wall_hangings/other

The cross stitching was completed by the customer that commissioned the quilt and all of the piecing and quilting I completed. She was going to throw them all away and I convinced her to have a  wall-hanghing made. I made everything in white because I really wanted her work showcased and mine as a compliment. I think it turned out pretty good. I know there are some things I would've done differently and hope to have an opportunity to do it again. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

Brigit-Carol - thank you so much for the HD tip. I tried it and it worked! Looks like there will be some more Craftsy classes in my future.. I assume they wanted to sell Leah's class so Amy didn't do much quilting. However, I won't complain since the BOM class was free. I will wait for another sale on classes though.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:09 PM

Tammy great idea for using cross stitch in a quilt. I have several little pieces I've saved that my mother did, maybe I'll put them in a wall quilt someday.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:14 PM

I've got my blocks caught up except for a little hand stitching and I even made 4 extra to make a longer quilt for a bed. Now I'm deciding on sashing, something light, maybe even white and possible a small border if I need it a little bigger. Trying to do this before I start MQ7.

Oops, I have to fix my circle of geese, they are flying out of formation!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,848
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:39 PM

Jacy, what beautiful soft colors these are!  No matter what you do with it it will come out gorgeous!  Good job on all your blocks including your circle of geese.  There is always a rebel in the flock.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Just discovered this thread and you are all so talented!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:38 PM

Jacy, the colors are wonderful!  I still have a long ways to go to catch up. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:44 PM

Jacy, I just love your blocks and the extra one, third from the right at the top is just so pretty. Maybe your geese got tired of the view in front. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Jacy - love your colours -- so soft.  I'd leave the geese block as it is -- I love a rebel!

Brigit-Carol

Page 19 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use