Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 18 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:33 AM

Pat, I love all the color. Such a bright, beautiful quilt you will have. Great job.

Max, so beautiful. Between you and Pat, it is fun to see how very different two quilts. with the same blocks in drastically different colorways, can be.  Wow!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:40 PM

Still have a lot to do before I catch up.   Will have to put away the hexiblocks for a while and work on something that doesn't have hand sewing.  Took off a little piece of my left index finger last night.  So I guess it's off to May's blocks. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Thanks Sukochi. I am into color, usually pastels. I love the black and white, but on a day to day basis I need color.

Ouch Patti, I feel your pain. I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. First, and hopefully last, time I ever rotary cut my finger. It healed up, but for a couple of days it was rather painful. Hope you heal quickly. I caught up on the BOM by doing quite a few blocks this month, lol. Now I have a Border Workshop class from Quilt University to catch up on. Then . . . . . .

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,440

Pat, I just love your Craftsy BOM blocks. I actually like your wonky log cabin but if you don't care for it, it would bug you.

I didn't do the last two paper piecing blocks. I took six of the blocks and made them into a small lap quilt. I like the back better than the front. I don't know what I'll do with it. It was intended for a friend who is very distressed. But now I'm not sure. It's bright, maybe too bright. I may hold on to it or give to Quilts for Kids and make my friend a more sedate quilt.

The back is made with a jelly roll.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:11 PM

Very perky, Judy!  Do you have enough blocks left to make a second lap quilt?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,440

MNnancy:

Very perky, Judy!  Do you have enough blocks left to make a second lap quilt?

I still have 12 blocks left. They are a bit more sedate. I'll stitch them together and see what I get.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:10 PM

Very pretty, Judy!  Bright and perky all over!  Your quilting really looks nice, too.  Don't understand how come you didn't do the paper piecing blocks. I know you know how to pp. LOL!

Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the blocks. You are always an inspiration.

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:51 PM

Wow, from fantastic black and white to brilliant color!  Nice work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Judy, your quilt is beautiful. It is perfect for Quilts for Kids. So cheery in a hospital room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:31 AM

Love your quilt Judy!  Quilts for Kids would love to receive this, nice and bright and cheery.  I love both sides, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:35 PM

Very bright and pretty Judy, some lucky kid will be happy with it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,327
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:56 PM

Judy, Very nice.  I like the front and the back!  It is beautifully light and mischievous...makes me smile to look at it - so if someone was down this quilt would lift them up!  I was smiling while I was looking at it - brightened my day!

I did my first of the October blocks and was very upset - my HP printer will not print out the patterns 100% - so my 4 individual blocks had to be squared up so the block ended up being 12 instead of 12.5" unfinished.... I plugged in my Kodak printer and printed off the pattern for the 2nd block and it printed right - I do not know why the HP printer is doing this - 1 side is 1" but the other is 7/8"... I am not sure if I will do that first block over or not - we shall see...

I have been working on 2 other of my projects so since this block depressed me because of my printers it will be tomorrow before I do the 2nd one... and then I think I will piece the whole thing together with sashing and cornerstones and get it ready to give to Echo for Christmas this year... It is pastel and soft and pretty for a little girl.. it will work for her bedroom... I had thought maybe I might do something special when I put it all together - but right now I want it done - so I might just put it away till I have some more patience to work on it...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:35 AM

Judy, I have to agree with Thea, the colors in this quilt are just want the DR ordered for someone needing a bit of light in their day. Don't fret the small stuff, give it to the friend you intended. I am 100% sure that it will brighten her day every time she snuggles under that warm love you made just for her.
all the pieces and finished quilts are just lovely, I am particularly loving the Black and White blocks , they are dramatic and soothing at the same time, I've never worked in that color way, but I do like viewing it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:27 AM

MaxNTopeka:
Finally got my October blocks done. 

They're gorgeous. I really like the stripe around the centre of the second block.

MaxNTopeka:
  I have put all the blocks on the design board using Amy's layout for the picture. But I will divide the blocks up so I can do two smaller lap quilts instead of one large one.

I love them all together a treat for the eyes. Both of you lap quilts will be well appreciated. WTG Max.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:28 AM

Pat Lancaster:
I finally finished all of the BOm blocks.

Beautiful blocks Pat. Nice work on this project.

Page 18 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use