Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 17 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:31 AM

Very nice Bonita!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,575
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:22 PM

Thanks Ginny, Annie and Marie for your nice comments.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:26 PM

JAP and Bonita, very nice blocks.  I am now half way though the hexagon blocks, which I think were for month 4!  I am going to a sew in on Saturday.  I will see how many I can get done. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,575
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:41 PM

Thanks Patti, I'm sure you'll catch up soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:32 PM

Bonita:

I finished the last two blocks. I have to say pp isn't my first choice of putting blocks together. But I muddled on thru.

Lovely blocks Bonita!   The green one would look great in my quilt. :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,575
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:19 PM

Dara Beth:

Lovely blocks Bonita!   The green one would look great in my quilt. :-)

Thanks Dara Beth, if I could make myself do another one I'd just send it to you. ; )

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:02 PM

Busy month! So nice to see everyone's blocks. 

JAP--Beautiful job on your PP blocks. Your Christmas quilt is going to be so pretty!

Annie--Pretty colors!

Carol--Love the red and blues. WOW!

Claudette--can't wait to see your completed quilt. It is going to be stunning!

Dara--hope you get back to quilting soon!

Bonita--your colors just vibrate!  Your blocks are so pretty! I understand how you feel about PP. I could hardly make myself start this month's blocks.

Patti--don't rush. There is lots of time. More important to enjoy the process.

I'm with Annie: This was an enjoyable project and I've learned a lot about techniques I might never have tried otherwise.

Finally got my October blocks done.  Really wasn't looking forward to more PP after doing the Harry Potter Project of Doom.  But they aren't too bad, and I didn't have to re-do but one seam.  I have put all the blocks on the design board using Amy's layout for the picture. But I will divide the blocks up so I can do two smaller lap quilts instead of one large one. I think I'll have to make a couple of duplicate blocks to make the number come out right for two lap quilts. I know I won't repeat the October blocks!   Anyway...here's the pics.  Max

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680

Max, your lap quilts will turn out beautiful.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:13 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Finally got my October blocks done.

Beautiful PP blocks Max!  And your B&W quilts are going to be stunning. 

I am really behind!  I still have both Sept and October to finish and I will be lucky to get them done in November.  But there is always hope...

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks (and garnering some ideas along the way)...lol.  You have all done a fabulous job and it was a great learning experience.  I think we've all had a lot of fun with this Craftsy BOM.  I hope they will do another one in 2013!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,575
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:02 PM

Love your B&W blocks Max. I like how the stripe fabric seems to have such movement. Keeps the eye roving around.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:17 AM

Max, your blocks are great, you just have the best fabrics!

This has been fun to see everyone's blocks each month and how different they all are. I got way behind but have been getting caught up, I only have October's ones to do now so hopefully i'll get them done soon. 

Looking forward to seeing some cool quilt tops from everyone's blocks real soon...........Now who's going to be done first!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:02 AM

Max, great job on all your blocks!  When you put your two lap quilts together will you stick with the b/w theme?  They're going to be stunning!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:14 AM

Max, your blocks are gorgeous.  For a second there I thought my screen went B & W...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

I finally finished all of the BOm blocks. So, for 5 days I will be caught up, LOL. I did both of the hexie blocks different from Amy because I wasn't crazy about her design. I really dislike the wonky log cabin so I think I will probably use an orphan blook in its place. I survived the paper piecing but don't expect to do much of that in the future. My brain just doesn't work in the right direction for it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 11:51 PM

You have all been too kind with your compliments on my B/W blocks!  Thank you!

Marie--I plan on staying with the B/W color scheme as I divide the blocks into two lap quilts.  I found some really neat b/w zigzag fabric I want to use for the binding. And I have a b/W cat pattern I have been saving for a year to use for at least one of the backings. It is so cool I can hardly wait to use it!  I have divided up the blocks so I think I will only have to make one extra block to have enough for two lap quilts. The lap quilts will be different sizes from each other, but that is okay with me. An additional border will help even up the sizes a bit, I think.   I love b/w quilts that have pops of red or yellow or lime green, but these two just seem to want to be plain ole black and white.

Max

Page 17 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use