Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 16 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:29 AM

JAP:
Last block finished

I love the red background with white geese. Nicely done.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:32 AM

Jap, very nice!  Can't wait to see everyone's coming together with next months class.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 2:33 PM

JAP:

Last block finished.

Beautiful block JAP.  I like the inverse look of the light geese on the dark background.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Amy Gibson has her BOM quilt done and quilted by Leah Day and a picture on her blog here

http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

What a bummer! Amy didn't post Leah's address so we could send our tops to her to be quilted. LOL! Amy's quilt turned out pretty. I have been wondering about placement of blocks because some are so heavy looking and some so light. Mine definitely needs some balance. I wonder if Leah is going to do the December class to show us how to quilt it. The December class is listed as Quilting and Binding. In the beginning Amy said we would have a finished quilt by the end of the year, so. . . . .

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:59 AM

I think I'll put mine together a different way - I had planned on a wider sashing to help separate my wild colors - if I put them that close together I think it will just be too much.  Not that I have to worry about it anytime soon - I still have the last 6 blocks to make.

I'm also thinking of quilting the blocks first and doing a quilt as you go type of thing.  I can't imagine quilting something that big on my home machine, and I can't afford to have someone else do it.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 7:03 PM

I'm with you Claudette.  I was thinking about quilting the blocks individually as I was looking at the pictures of Amy's quilt.  I've got some quilting patterns for my embroidery unit and I think it is high time I learned to use it!  :-)    

I've still got my last 2 blocks to do.  But they shouldn't take long if I can ever get to sit down at the sewing machine.  First it was spending all summer moving the last of the 'stuff' out of my late FIL's house and into our house, garage, storage buildings and selling that house.  Then it was sorting and rearranging all that 'stuff' so that we could get through and find things.  Now I'm helping DH replace the glass in all of the windows in our house.  And I'm still going to work 5 days a week...  I'm suffering from withdrawal.  I can't wait to be able to get back to sewing.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do some this weekend. I did get some rearranging done in my sewing room this week after work.  It is such an awful mess.  Quite a bit of that 'stuff' from the other house wound up there so my poor sewing room really needs an overhaul.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:36 PM

I finished the last two blocks. I have to say pp isn't my first choice of putting blocks together. But I muddled on thru.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

They are all very pretty Ladies, great job.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:57 PM

Bonita - very bright and pretty... love the yellow in around the center - really looks like a flower.  I am with you on PP - haven't started my October blocks yet just cuz they are PP...teehee

Jap - love the red and white of your last block - good job!

Carol - love the red/white blue -are all your blocks patriotic - I forget?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:01 PM

Gosh, I guess I am behind - I didn't realize these were our last two blocks - I was wondering for some dumb - yep dumb - reason how I was going to put a 24 block quilt together - teehee... well, I guess I better get at it and finish these up - I do think I will put some sort of sashing in between the blocks - I don't have a one color back ground so I need something to tie all my blocks - or maybe not - I have them up on my hallway design wall now with an open spot - so guess I'll start playing with them... amazing - we are done this month... WOW... we made it - do we all feel great or not!  I am ready for another one!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 12:44 AM

Pretty blocks Bonita.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:09 AM

Thanks Thea and Kris.

I'm glad we've reached the end and can now start putting them together.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:25 AM

Bonita, you may not have liked doing pp, but they are absolutely beautiful.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:44 AM

Bonita, Great PP blocks, I too wasn't a big fan, but did like the way they turned out.  

I have certainly enjoyed this BOM journey with all of you and can't believe it is just about over.  I have learned a few new techniques along the way.  I look forward to seeing everyone's finished quilts, whenever they get completed and hopefully see you in MQ7.

Page 16 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use