Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 11 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Thank you, Annie, Judy, and Thea!

Kris, I sure hope I can remember how to PP. I've worked hard to forget!  Have you heard the rumor that Judy is starting another PP quilt? Something about a beach theme?  I could have sworn I heard her say she wouldn't do another entire quilt of PP!  Thank you for your kind words!

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 3:00 PM

Yes Max,

I heard. Judy really took to paper piecing. I'm thinking of joining her on this one. I like the beach themes. At any rate I've ordered the book.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 3:13 PM

Kris:

Yes Max,

I heard. Judy really took to paper piecing. I'm thinking of joining her on this one. I like the beach themes. At any rate I've ordered the book.

What book are you referring to?  Is there another project starting in the PP group??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 3:39 PM

Annie,we're tossing around ideas for a new project when the Compass Collection is complete.

The book is "Seascapes: Foundation Pieced Shoreline Views" by Cheryl Peck

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:35 PM

Kris:

Annie,we're tossing around ideas for a new project when the Compass Collection is complete.

Kris, I was in Florida when this group was formed.  I might like to join in when you get to the Seascapes, looked for the book several places with no luck.  Could you tell me where you got yours?

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Kris:

Kris, I was in Florida when this group was formed.  I might like to join in when you get to the Seascapes, looked for the book several places with no luck.  Could you tell me where you got yours?

[/quote]has some great ideas & projects.  I hope we do this as a new project when the Compass Collection is complete.  You've got my vote.  

I purchased the book online at   http://cpthreads.com  & received it this week.  The signed copy [quote user="Marie"]

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:04 PM

Thanks Patricia Faye.  Has anyone found it at a discounted price anywhere, I'm cheap and don't like to pay full price for anything.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Marie:

Thanks Patricia Faye.  Has anyone found it at a discounted price anywhere, I'm cheap and don't like to pay full price for anything.  : )

I looked all over the internet but couldn't find one at a discounted price.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

MaxNTopeka:

Thank you, Annie, Judy, and Thea!

Have you heard the rumor that Judy is starting another PP quilt? Something about a beach theme?  I could have sworn I heard her say she wouldn't do another entire quilt of PP!  

Max

Max, you heard right. I did say that. I really should listen to myself more. (kind of like having a baby. You SWEAR you'll never go through that again, but the memory of agonies fade)  But on our beach trip down the Oregon Coast I found the most awesome book on paper pieced seascape scenes. Seascapes by Cheryl Peck.  Dumb me bought the book.  Unlike the Harry Potter patterns this one doesn't print in color. That's OK for many of the blocks but some of them are kind of complex and it's hard to figure out what color goes where. The color photo is reversed from the pattern pieces and the pattern pieces aren't all together. I'm going to figure it out with the help of EQ7, colored pencils. And, if necessary, cutting out pieces and taping them together for a color template.

My big challenge now is to find the main background fabric. I did find a gorgeous stormy sky fabric at one of the beach quilt shops but it was too directional.

Kris, I'm so glad you're getting the book. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. Especially the Sea Anemone on page 32. The Krumholtz Tree on page 62 may give me the most trouble with color placement.  Now, just to find the fabric for the sky background.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,290
Claudette replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:36 AM

Love your blocks, Max!  I can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Thank you, Claudette!  I'm getting sort of anxious to see it finished up.  Still thinking about making two lap quilts instead of one larger quilt. 

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Judy and Kris,

I think I'll sit this one out!  I just did a search on the book, and it has some truly wonderful blocks in it. Love the lighthouse! And the crabs and shells! Beautiful!!

Judy, I know you'll find the perfect fabric for the sky.  I expect you will want to use all batiks for this one...it looks like there are a million tiny pieces and the batiks hold up so well for those. Plus you don't have to keep track of right side/wrong side so much.

I'll bet poor George just shook his head!  I see another ribbon in your future!

Kris-- you better hurry on getting that Masters. You got a lot of sewing to catch up!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:33 AM

MaxNTopeka:
Kris-- you better hurry on getting that Masters. You got a lot of sewing to catch up!

Don't remind me Max. I'm in over my head with projects right now. What I need to do is keep out of the sewing room until school is done with.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:20 PM

Whewwww...  I've finally got my blocks finished and the pictures taken.  I like the pattern but didn't like the 3 inch size so after I made the first one, I went back to one of my samples and made it into my second block.  I'm sure I'll do some more of these, just in the larger sizes. LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:02 PM

Pretty blocks Dara Beth.

Page 11 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use