Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 10 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Marie:

Thea:
Picking on this ole woman - not nice!!!  

Thea, I'm so sorry I put you through that.  Pweese forgive me.  Did you try Caryl Anne's trick with the eyes?  It's not you, it's me who needs her eyes examined.  The colors popped out just as she said it would with each eye closed.  Now I'm going to the phone to make my appointment.

y'all are both so funny, and Marie, I can't quit laughing about the optometrist card.. TOOOO FUNNY !! Thea, we are really being silly here now, so I'm gonna let it all ride on our OLD shirttails..

See y'all in the funny pages!!  I signed up for this class, maybe I'll go back and look again, I was having trouble finding the time to do these, and now the year is almost gone, I do so want to try the English PP and I bought some of the little templates. Plus I do like the Cleo square, and I think that the drunkards path is a wonderful learning square as well

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:19 PM

Ms MoomMist:

Dara Beth, I looked all over the internet for the templates and everywhere I try to order they were not in stock. When I tried to order from Marti Mitchell's site, the only cc she took was American Express, so I had to use mylar that I made myself. The one on the left, I re-did 3 times and surprised that it came out as well as it did with all the bias edges.

MMM,  I ordered my templates from softexpressions.com  The ones recommended for this month's blocks were Item Code: MM8960 for 16.20  They also had a larger set for the same price.  I got both sets for 31.86  plus 4.64 shipping.  

http://softexpressions.com/software/notions/mmDrunk.php

I also saw a tip on Fons & Porter that you can use a self-adhesive vinyl floor to cut out templates that are heavy enough to use with a rotary cutter.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:21 PM

Annie:

Very pretty Annie.  They are very bright and cheerful.  Great job!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:19 PM

Pretty blocks Annie.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:34 PM

Marie and Thea, I had to go over the posts again to see what the heck you guys were talking about??   I didn't see anything different in Thea's block, Do I need to go to the optometrist?  Wait I just went a month ago.  too funny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,290
Claudette replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 12:08 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking so nice!  Great job everyone!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Claudette--Hope you are resting a lot and feeling like sewing soon!  Think about you often and send good thought your way.

Everyone's blocks look so GOOD!  Beautiful colors and patterns. There are going to be some absolutely wonderful quilts done from this BOM project.  

Here are my two blocks for September. Wish I could say I enjoyed making them, but I would be telling a falsehood...at least they weren't HST.  Everytime I looked at Cleopatra's Puzzle I only saw four mushrooms in the center. I decided to go with the more traditional Drunkard's Path layout for the second block.

Paper piecing in October...sure hope it is something simple!

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:26 PM

Great job on your blocks Max.  They look terrific.  Nice substitution on block #2.

I got started on my 1st block this evening.    I'll probably do more of these for another project on down the road but with bigger squares since they are easier to handle.  I've been wanting to do some of these for a long time but needed a 'push' to try them. They take time but I really like the variety of the patterns you can get from the squares like you can from the log cabin blocks.  I've not yet gotten around to making one of those either.  Too many cross stitched baby quilts. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:32 PM

Max, I love your blocks!  This is going to make an elegant quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:59 PM

Thank you, Dara and Marie!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,345
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:28 AM

Dara

Thanks for the heads up on the templates.  I had been looking for the Large Drunkards Path templates for awhile.  This was a great price....now they are on the way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:36 AM

Max,

Once again your B&W's are spectacular!  I can't wait to see your finished BOM quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,384
Points 115,340

Max

Great drunken blocks. I like your interpretation of the layout. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,947
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:01 AM

Max, Your blocks are beautiful.  I am in agreement with you - hope the paper piecing is simple - I abhor paper piecing to start with so am not looking forward to it... but we will get through.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 1:06 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Here are my two blocks for September. Wish I could say I enjoyed making them, but I would be telling a falsehood...at least they weren't HST.  Everytime I looked at Cleopatra's Puzzle I only saw four mushrooms in the center. I decided to go with the more traditional Drunkard's Path layout for the second block.

Great blocks Max. I like that you chose the traditional layout for the second block. Love your fabrics as well.

I'm confident you won't have trouble with the paper piecing.

Page 10 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use