Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 9 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 6:09 PM

Greg:

Got my september blocks done.  Actually enjoyed these!

Great job Greg!  

My templates came in the mail today.  WooHoo!  I haven't started my blocks yet, but I have done a 'learning' block that will go on the back of the quilt.  It finished at 11 inches.  I just used some scraps that were already cut to the right sizes.  This turned out to be a lot less 'fiddly' than I thought it would be. 'Course it helped that the pieces were large.  I think I'll make one more block in a smaller size before I do the ones with the 3 inchers. :-)  Here is what I have so far.  Boy I wish I could work on this some more but it is time to fix DH's supper and it is off to work tomorrow.  Oh well, I suppose it will keep but it sure is hard to have to wait. LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 6:35 PM

Marie:

Thea, just noticed the one on the right is different from the others, the middle circles are different. Did you mean to sew them that way?  Looks pretty.

Marie, I am not sure what you are seeing - they look the same to me - I don't see anything different?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Thea:

Marie:

Thea, just noticed the one on the right is different from the others, the middle circles are different. Did you mean to sew them that way?  Looks pretty.

Marie, I am not sure what you are seeing - they look the same to me - I don't see anything different?

I think the reason Marie is asking is that I see the pink first as well, and with that they look to be sideways. I had to close my eyes to see the blue, that is what happens to a cataract eye. Left brain right brain picks up different hues at first glance. close your right eye and I see the blue close the left and I view the pink.

LOVE IT>> lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:28 PM

Ms MoomMist:
Finally finished September.

Beautiful blocks Ms MoomMist. Love the fabrics. Nice work.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Greg, the peachy pale background is just lovely with the brights you've used. A great color combination,can't wait to see them all together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:31 PM

Thea:
Here are mine!

Pretty blocks Thea. I like your fabrics too. I really like the yellow background.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:31 PM

Greg:
Got my september blocks done.  Actually enjoyed these!

Very nice Greg.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Thank you all for your comments.

Thea, I love yours. Seems we all white and I love the contrast of the pink & blue.

Greg really love the stark contrast, good job.

Dara Beth, I looked all over the internet for the templates and everywhere I try to order they were not in stock. When I tried to order from Marti Mitchell's site, the only cc she took was American Express, so I had to use mylar that I made myself. The one on the left, I re-did 3 times and surprised that it came out as well as it did with all the bias edges.

Guess, I be off to bed now, pleasant dreams all.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:28 AM

Greg, Love your contrasting colors.  I wish I would have chosen more contrasting fabric for the Cleopatra Puzzle Block...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:36 AM

Everyones blocks look wonderful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:59 AM

Carylanne, you were right, I tried it!  Should I get tested for cataracts?

Sorry Thea, but I actually liked what I saw in the first place.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:28 AM

Marie:

Carylanne, you were right, I tried it!  Should I get tested for cataracts?

Sorry Thea, but I actually liked what I saw in the first place.

Marie, Not necessary for testing unless you haven't had an eye exam in a few years , everyone has that bit of color sense .. LOL 
It is what I was taught 50 years ago when looking at color, closing one eye then the other shows the background and foreground. Do you  remember an image in a picture you were asked to stare at it for a few seconds and look or blink and wha la you would see something else?? same concept with color. I do however have a left cataract.. so i saw immediately what you saw.

Thea didn't see it because she made it from the two same value fabrics, so what she sees is the center being the design, we see the two designs as separate units. does that make sense? oh well, I loved the piece anyway..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:50 AM

Caryl Anne:
does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense, Caryl Anne.  Thanks for the explanation.  Strange, I got a card from my optometrist yesterday reminding me it's time for an exam.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:41 PM

I think you are all just messing with me and seeing if you can get me to be crazier then I am already.  I had DH put his glasses on and look and looked at that block - I got out my pattern and looked and said I am sure I put it together right - but I am often wrong - so honey would you go over it and tell me if I am absolutely nuts...

Picking on this ole woman - not nice!!!  teeheee :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:54 PM

Thea:
Picking on this ole woman - not nice!!!  

Thea, I'm so sorry I put you through that.  Pweese forgive me.  Did you try Caryl Anne's trick with the eyes?  It's not you, it's me who needs her eyes examined.  The colors popped out just as she said it would with each eye closed.  Now I'm going to the phone to make my appointment.

Millbury, MA

Page 9 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use