Top 10 Posters

Craftsy Block of the Month Class #2

Page 6 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 12:40 PM

Thea:

I have chair work to do...teehee

Way to look at it ... I don't think I would be as positive as you if it were me. I might get mighty cranky. LOL  I think you live not too far from me. I live just outside of Oklahoma City and you guys got the rain I was hoping would come this way. I am ready for them to lift the burn ban. I have been waiting, not so patiently, for my husband to smoke a brisket. LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,148
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:38 PM

Thea, your quilts are absolutely gorgeous!  You do such excellent work!  WOW!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,238
Points 239,647
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:05 PM

Kelly - we need to get together one day - didn't realize anyone was that close to me - Maybe I can come down and go to Oklahoma Quilt works or one of the other shops - only one I don't go to anymore at all is the one in Henessey and that is a long story - but it would be fun to meet you and have some lunch and fun!  

As far as being positive - I am not too sure about that - I think I complain way too much - lol - and if it gets over cast for a few days I get down right miserable - but it is sunny so so am I - and not much I can do about any of it.

We actually just got the changes to the barometric pressure - no rain at all - lots of thunder and lightning for 2 nights in a row - we rolled up the windows - put the top up on the PT - put all the things away that didn't need to be out in the rain - should have left them out and then it might have rained...

Marie - thank you for the kind words on my quilts - I hope to have a few more to show shortly - this has been a really slow summer for my sewing - last summer I think I made close to 10 quilts for the shop - it was go go go - and I went went went... this year it has been a slow recovery from bringing Mom here and getting so sick - plus we did more traveling then usual - but I am doing better and motivated - 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,148
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:55 PM

Thea:
but I am doing better and motivated - 

So happy to hear that, Thea.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 12:22 AM

Marie:

Carol, I knew they'd be beautiful when you put them together.  I'm impressed with how the fabric falls in the one on the right, middle path.  Did you fussy cut?

Yes, Marie, at least I tried to fussy cut, not quite on target, but it looked OK for me!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 695
Trisha replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 6:24 AM

I don't know what kind of printer you have but mine is a HP. When you go to print this pattern and you bring up your print screen it asks you how many copies and then under that mine has a print scaling option. Some will say print to fit page, you don't want that. You need to set this on NONE and it will print it to the right size. Hope this helps I am not good at explaining things some times.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,148
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:24 AM

Carol:
Yes, Marie, at least I tried to fussy cut, not quite on target, but it looked OK for me!

You did a great job of fussy cutting, Carol.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,238
Points 239,647
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:47 PM

My templates got here today - and I might be crazy enough later to cut the fabric out - I am anxious to get this done but maybe not today... I am going to also check out her template against the printed template our teacher gave us... I know it is my printer but can't figure out how to fix it - the 1" square is 1" x 7/8" ... so not sure what to do... tried everything.... but I have the templates now so no worries...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,238
Points 239,647
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:50 PM

Trisha:

I don't know what kind of printer you have but mine is a HP. When you go to print this pattern and you bring up your print screen it asks you how many copies and then under that mine has a print scaling option. Some will say print to fit page, you don't want that. You need to set this on NONE and it will print it to the right size. Hope this helps I am not good at explaining things some times.

Trisha - I have the new HP printer - I will look for that as I didn't see anything like that - it is the HP photosmart  5510s series and is networked so I don't have to hook my computer up to it - plus I can send pictures or documents from anywhere I am and as long as the printer is on - they will print... loved that as my DIL and son can send me pictures of the kids and they print out...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 5:12 PM

When I couldn't get on QCA this morning (Server Issues apparently), I decided to go on Craftsy and see what others have been doing for their Sept. blocks.  I saw an incredible Drunkard's Path Chain.  I was going to print out the picture...got interupted and when I got back to the site, I could not find it again.  Believe me, I have looked through those pictures at least 6 times!!!!  I wonder if it got removed?  Didn't know that was even possible...lol! 

Anyway, I am hoping that someone here has either seen it or possibly has saved a picture of it that they could post here.

As I said, it was the Chain block with the Drunkard's Path templets.  There were two very interesting things with this one:  1) Instead of using the background fabric between the chains, the quilter had used dark to light fabrics across the block.  and 2)  She had used a directional fabric in two of the "rows" ...one was a bamboo design and those sticks of bamboo were all going in the same direction...amazing and it had to take a lot of thought and planning to make that work. 

If anyone ses this block please either post a picture here or pm me so you can send me the picture.  I would really like to have this for future reference...

Thanks in advance,

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 5:14 PM

Donna B:
I saw an incredible Drunkard's Path Chain.  

Another thought - if someone from QCA did this block, you have my greatest admiration!!!  And, would you be so kind as to post a picture here...LOL!  That block truly amazed me...

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 882
Points 16,365

I finally finished the 2 September  blocks today.  I used the wrong template twice and had to recut them again.  As a result, I didn't really enjoy making these blocks, but I did learn something new.  

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 882
Points 16,365

Love your blocks, Judy.  The colors are beautiful.  

Judy T-Bellingham:

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 882
Points 16,365

Bonita, your blocks are so pretty.  Love the colors & your background fabric.  They turned out so nice.

Bonita:

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,360

Patricia, I think these are really cool looking blocks. Nice job.

I hope this posts. We are in the wilds of the Oregon Coast and connection at this RV park isn't very strong. I'm going to be sending Patti, by PM, information on what I found out about retreat locations on the coast. But I'll wait until I have a better connection so can include photos.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 6 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use