Page 3 of 28 (406 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:38 PM

Thanks Judy...I could not buy the template local here, and didn't want to wait...So I made one too with heavy cardboard off a charm pack. Will try it later and let you know how it worked. Just picked out my fabric and have to press it. Need a nap first. Been a long morning. lol

Deb(Dainty)

Judy T-Bellingham:

Debbie (Dainty):
Did you buy a template or use the one in the pattern?

Debbie. I traced the paper patterns onto template plastic. That works OK, but not great. The heavy purchased templates probably would have made the task much easier.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:33 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Several years ago I made Drunkards Path in Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad pattern and it was fairly easy. But it was also bigger pieces.

Yep bigger curves are easier to sew. They don't even require pinning.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:55 AM

I did tons of these curves last year in several quilts that I made - whew - they were fun then - not sure I am looking forward to them this time - but I'll get them done...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:47 AM

Judy

I love your drunkards path.  That is a favorite block of mine but haven't done much with it yet.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:06 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I finished the Craftsy BOM September blocks. Not a fun project but I was determined to do it.

They may not have been fun, but they are beautiful.  When I grow up I want to be able to make these things just like you.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:56 PM

Judy - those are gorgeous.  I love how they came out - haven't started mine yet - I did print the pattern out though...teehee

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:04 PM

those are awesome Judy. I really really love the fabric choice.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,682
Points 65,880
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:41 PM

Here's mine. I took the cowards way out and traced around the templates I made and cut them out one by one with sissors. Didn't want to slip with the cutter and cut the templates or my fingers using the thin cardboard. They were fairly easy to do just sat and watched TV until they were all pinned. Anyway I'm happy with them.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Judy and Bonita,   your blocks are beautiful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Bonita, beautiful fabrics. You did a great job on the blocks.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:27 PM

Judy - did you use the template in the pattern - and if so - is your template offset - I printed mine out and when I fold the template in half it does not work - is this correct... I had cut all my pieces out and am afraid that something is wrong...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Thea:

Judy - did you use the template in the pattern - and if so - is your template offset - I printed mine out and when I fold the template in half it does not work - is this correct... I had cut all my pieces out and am afraid that something is wrong...

I did use the template in the pattern. When you print it, be sure to change your printer setting to print at actual size and not "fit to print". Otherwise it won't come out correctly.

I traced it onto template plastic. It's not perfect and I wish I'd had the set of Marti Mitchell templates. I think it would have made it so much easier.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,682
Points 65,880
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:41 PM

Thanks Leslie and Judy. Working on August blocks now I'm a bit behind. One down one to go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:43 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thea:

I did use the template in the pattern. When you print it, be sure to change your printer setting to print at actual size and not "fit to print". Otherwise it won't come out correctly.

I traced it onto template plastic. It's not perfect and I wish I'd had the set of Marti Mitchell templates. I think it would have made it so much easier.

Judy, My printer is set to print it 100% and it does but when I cut it out and fold it - it isn't a quarter of a circle - which I am not sure it needs to be - some of the drunkards paths I have done are this way... and some others are perfect 1/4 circles... I think I might order the templates and wait for them to get here - I called Gretchen and she doesn't have any in stock at the moment and that is the closest LQS to me... so I may be waiting to do this... or do it and have them odd looking?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:57 PM

I went ahead and ordered the templates and although i have all the pieces cut out I'll wait till they get here and see if they are different.

Page 3 of 28 (406 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use