rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 11:57 PM

Kudos,to you Judy!!

When I watched, the video I was not even tempted to try it,right now anyway. Maybe later when I am all grown up

Your blocks turned out great and I love the colors. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilt. I think next month is putting blocks together.

Happy quilting

from TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:02 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I finished the Craftsy BOM September blocks. Not a fun project but I was determined to do it.

Oh my Judy,

these are wonderful. I love your fabric choices. You dis such a good job with these I hope you'll try them again some time.

Drunkard's Path is one of my favourite blocks to make. I made a turtle quilt with it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:16 AM

Great job on these blocksJudy!

Did you buy a template or use the one in the pattern? Our LQS didn't have one so I guess I have to go to Joanns. If they don't have one I'll have to try the paper one or order it online.

Debbie (Dainty)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

Judy, your blocks are beautiful! I love your fabrics, looking forward to seeing your whole quilt. I ordered the templates so haven't done them yet. This class is a great skill builder.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,498
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:30 AM

Judy, your blocks are just beautiful!  Your fabrics are beautiful!  Great job!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

Wow, Judy!  Your blocks are fabulous.  I decided to bite the bullet and try the small squares, but I would have been much happier had she chosen a larger one to begin with.  I'm going to watch the videos suggested, as I'm really not keen on using 7 pins on each and every square as the instructor suggests.  As you all can probably tell by now, patience is not in my skill set!

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:46 AM

Judy, these are beautiful.  They remind me of a Kaleidoscope. 

I'm behind.  I hope to finish the August and September blocks this month.  I've been working on another project and have not wanted to get out another project...too confusing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Debbie (Dainty):
Did you buy a template or use the one in the pattern?

Debbie. I traced the paper patterns onto template plastic. That works OK, but not great. The heavy purchased templates probably would have made the task much easier.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Bonita:
Judy, you may not have had fun making them but they sure turned out beautiful. Love the vibrant colors and the fussy cut pink.

Thanks Bonita, but I really didn't fussy cut.  It was an accident that the pink came out the way it did! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Kris:
Drunkard's Path is one of my favourite blocks to make.

Thanks Kris. I think it would have been easier if I'd had the purchased template. Several years ago I made Drunkards Path in Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad pattern and it was fairly easy. But it was also bigger pieces.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Pat Lancaster:
I love your fabrics, looking forward to seeing your whole quilt. I

Thanks Pat but there won't be a whole quilt from the blocks in the series. I started out with one color scheme and then switched to the brighter Calypso by Ro Gregg. I MIGHT go back and re-do some of the blocks in this collection in order to get a lap quilt size. I really love these fabrics but only have a stack of fat quarters.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 11:53 AM

Judy, I would love to see whatever you end up with when you finish your project with the Calypso.  Such fun, bright prints!  I love color - gotta see if I can find me some of this fabric! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Claudette:
Calypso.  Such fun, bright prints!  I love color - gotta see if I can find me some of this fabric! 

Claudette. I bought the 28 fat quarter bundle here:  http://www.fabricquiltshop.com/product-details.php?id=699

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:44 PM

Judy,

Hi!  Your fabric choice were awesome.  Your blocks look fantastic.  What fabric is the one with the bubbles!

I love back porch designs, she makes doing circles/arcs so easy.  I have 2 sets of her templates, they sure make cutting easy, especially if you have the mat that rotates like a lazy susan.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Joni:
Your blocks look fantastic.  What fabric is the one with the bubbles!

Joni. It's Calypso Packed Leaf by Ro Gregg.  The line is carried at fabricquiltshop.com .  They show two colors and I think mine is #1204222 Calypso Packed Leaf Multi by Ro Gregg for Fabric-Quilt. 

I'd posted earlier that I bought the 28 pack of fat quarters at fabricquiltshop.com.  I didn't. It was a special carried at Craftsy. I looked to see if Craftsy still had it and couldn't find it. 

I also see the line on eBay.

Page 2 of 28 (406 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use