Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 34 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 12,600

You are right, Vivian, this thread has slowed down- I forgot it was even here!  So what all do you have to do to move your longarm?  Do you just have to move it away from the wall or do you have to rearrange everything? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:25 AM

Happy New Year :-)  I hope everyone has had a chance to quilt something, or start working on the next project to quilt in 2014.

My sewing room was scattered around the house during a remodeling project so my machine frame was in pieces.  I decided to wash my leader cloths, per directions (cold water, air dry...) when I put the frame back together. Unfortunately, the cloths did not keep their shape & have shrunk some.  I've emailed the Grace Company for suggestions on how to fix this but wanted to ask all of you for ideas. Should I use steam on the iron to try to stretch the cloths? Should I get them wet again & hang them up taught to dry? Should I chalk them up as no good & buy new? Help! Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:59 AM

Actually, as I have laminate in my sewing room, I just grabbed the legs and slid it over!!  It even kept the shims under the legs.  When I decided it had to go sideways I got my husband to help.  It went well and is much more comfortable to use. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:16 PM

Vivain, My husband was able to find casters that I have on my long arm. It really helps as I like to have it moved close to the wall when not in use and pull out into the room when I am sewing on it, or want to get around the back side.  I think he ordered from some place in California.  really helps! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:17 PM

Eileen,  I have an extra set of leaders, I think they are the 12 foot though, for the HandiQuilter, if you are wanting another set? 

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:55 PM

Thank you for the offer, Michelle :-)  I think my frame is a 10 footer, but I'd have to measure.  I am still waiting to hear back from the Grace Company so I will keep your offer in mind. I am more than happy to pay you for them if I can use them.

Happy quilting!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:11 PM

We originally put the 12 ft in the room then decided the 10 foot was big enough and gave me more room.  The 12 foot leaders were not taken out of their package, I think I only paid $100 for them, but I can look that up.  I can sell them for less than that, just to have someone use them.  Let me know. 

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 6:26 PM

Michelle, I finally heard back from the Grace Company & they are sending me a free replacement set of cloths.  Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you and thanks again for your offer :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 2:52 PM

Eileen:
& they are sending me a free replacement set of cloths

Wow!  I'm impressed by their customer service!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:24 AM

Eileen:
I finally heard back from the Grace Company & they are sending me a free replacement set of cloths.

This is good to know since I have a Grace frame.    Wonder why it took them so long to get back to you though.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:27 AM

Was the problem with the QCA site the reason this slowed down, or like me did everyone get so busy they could not check in.  I really need to get internet at my studio, but I don't even have a phone there.  Kind like it that way,  no interruptions. Does have it's down side though

Granny M

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:00 PM

I received an email saying QCA was purchased by another company.  I don't remember the name, but I remember they've been in business over 100 years, in the craft/sewing industry.

They also mentioned the longtime problems with the website.  They acknowledged it's been working poorly for a long time and the new company is giving the website top priority.

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to get on the website, so I'm sure it was website troubles causing the length of time in between posts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 2:07 PM

Granny M, I think people may have just stopped posting on here for a while for a variety of reasons. Jeannine used to post a lot & I wonder if she felt like she was keeping this thread "alive."  I just haven't been able to quilt until now & so I haven't had much to share. Now I have to finish tops in progress so I can get back on my longarm!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 2:29 PM

Even though I haven't posted on the site much in the last several months I still jump to see what is going on when this thread pops up.

I believe I've seen on here before about others who have quilted on on minky. I was wondering if you always use the meandering or do you ever quilt with a pantograph on minky? I did one last year with the meandering and found myself trying to go around the little bubbles and trying not to quilt them down. Does this bother anyone else or do you just quilt over those little bubbles?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 2:34 PM

Eileen, From what I remember, Jeanine told us that she was stepping out of QCA as she was getting very busy with her "Quilts from the Bluff" enterprise thru her church and she was becoming very busy with long arm quilting for others.  

It is funny that you mention her as I had been thinking of her too and went to her 'Quilts from the bluff" blog and looked around a bit.     Ginny

PS--- Hi Granny M, Haven't heard from you in a while also.   Good to hear things are going well for you.     Ginny

Page 34 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use