Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 33 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 36 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:41 PM

I am physically unable to attend Atlanta quilt show as I can not drive and  not able to walk more than a short distance.

thanks,

nan

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 140
Wendy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:44 PM

Carol, OMG Thank you!!!! I never saw anything on that.. at all.. and i've googled what I thought was everything. Thank you Thank you Thank you.. I'm going ;)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:22 PM

Anyone going to show...you are about 2 1/2 hrs north up I75 to come see my machine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 513
Points 10,435

Wendy:

Carol, OMG Thank you!!!! I never saw anything on that.. at all.. and i've googled what I thought was everything. Thank you Thank you Thank you.. I'm going ;)

You're welcome, Wendy!  I hope you find something you like there. The dealers for the machines usually have something discounted if you make your purchase at the show. When I purchased my machine at a show in Ohio, I got a couple hundred off of the set-up costs. And the dealers were so nice.  Make sure you ask about available service on the machines and classes on using them, too.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735

Wendy, any guilds close? Maybe someone has a long arm in the guild that would like you to come play in it. I have several people come play on mine to see if they like it. Also a few of my friends have done their quilts in mine and that way I can help them make sure they know how to load it on. All of them load differently. Some easier than others. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 2:47 PM

While I don't have a long arm machine (I have a baby lock with a 7 1/2" throat) I do quilt with it on a grace frame.  Can anyone tell me how they quilt in the ditch on the frame? I can no longer eo a large quilt on a table because of shoulder problems.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,425
Points 72,070
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:59 PM

I have MegaQuilter on a frame (a 10" throat, I believe) and I can't stitch in the ditch on the frame.  There is no way I can keep the machine going straight enough to do that.  I've heard some talk about some type of ruler they use to do straight lines on a frame, but I haven't researched that yet.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:45 AM

I bought a set of rulers that make it very easy to stitch in the ditch or cross hatch.  Here are a couple pdf files the website has available to help you see how they work...

http://www.quiltersrule.com/downloads/crossHatchInstructions.pdf

and this one shows how the ruler base can be used on either the belly bar or the back roller.

http://www.quiltersrule.com/downloads/BaptistFanInstructions2.pdf

and here is the website to find out more about the rulers...

http://www.quiltersrule.com/template/mqt-chr.html

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:56 AM

Have a great day!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:23 PM

Karla,

I'm not familiar with the MegaQuilter but on my Gammill I also need a small table that fits on the machine for doing ruler work as well as a ruler. Doing it freehand doesn't work for me.  I have also seen where a quilter will do wavy lines instead of trying to do them straight.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:50 AM

I have a Handiquilter and she also needs a ruler base, table that snaps around the machine base. Then you have a stable base to hold the ruler against. I don't like soon straight lines either, too boring but I do the wavy lines also as its a lot more fun 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:10 AM

Michelle,

That sounds like a winner. Makes it more interesting. :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Dear Snugglebug, Please consider yourself hugged and given a nice cuppa your favorite hot beverage -- tea or cocoa or apple cider -- surgery is *such* a draining thing, even the allegedly most minor sort.  Been there, done that, wore out the T shirt.

I used to visit patients in hospitals, before the HIPA act got in the way.  I'd turn a styrofoam cup upside down, plonk in an artifical flower, and launch into my speech: you don't have to water this, it won't die.  But when you look at it, remember that there are lots of folks out there wishing you well and praying for you. 

A small thing, but there was amazing feedback!  Ask one of your friends or relatives to pick out a stem for you to have!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:33 PM

This thread has slowed down some hasn't it?  I have to move my longarm. I'm starting to do pantos and didn't leave enough room behind my machine. I'm not sure it is going to work but I can't do the next quilt with the machine set up the way it is. I have to pull the machine along from the side and it is going to hurt me eventually. I can't get a real feel for following the laser if I'm not standing and braced correctly.  Something to think about for a new setup ladies. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 9:25 AM

Vivian :
I can't get a real feel for following the laser if I'm not standing and braced correctly.  Something to think about for a new setup ladies. 

Great tip Vivian,  Thats something I also learned the hard way..

Page 33 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use