Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 31 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 36 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:04 PM

Ramona:

Elizabeth,

Great job with the panto! Glad you finally decided to jump in and try one.

Oh my gosh I am hooked, just ordered two more and joined the panto of the month club at Urban Elementz

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, May 19 2013 1:36 PM

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I've had excellent customer service with Tin Lizzie.  From day one.  I highly recommend Tin Lizzie because their customer service has been so wonderful.  The Tin Lizzie factory workers are the people who handle tech support.  They are working in the factory the first part of the day, and they end the day with tech support.  It might take a day or two to get back to me, but they always get back to me.  I've never been left high and dry.  

I bought my Tin Lizzie a year ago in April.  It's a 26" Ansley and it's been a wonderful machine.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, May 19 2013 3:25 PM

I thought I'd mention something I learned at the Mid-Atlantic quilt festival in Feb.  Tin Lizzie no longer has dealers selling machines for them.  They decided to create regional centers around the country so they could solve the problem of dealers who were less than ethical.  Taking 3 months to repair something or get a part is entirely the dealer's fault, not Tin Lizzie.  I've ordered parts direct from Tin Lizzie a couple times and the service is great.  Maybe the poor service from the dealer soured you before you started ordering direct from the factory?  Try it again?  They are really wonderful people!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 518
Points 10,535

Does anyone use one of the cameras that show the quilt backing as you're quilting? I won't be getting one any time soon because of the expense but would like to get some opinions on them. That way I'll be prepared if and when I decide to invest in one.  I've thought about using the large mirrors on the table but there isn't much light. There have been times when the bobbin thread starts out with good tension then needs to be adjusted later. Of course, I don't notice that until I've rolled the take up roller. So... Does anyone use a camera?  If so, what brand, and do you think it's worth the expense?  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Wed, May 22 2013 8:47 PM

Hi Carol, I have the camera on my machine and I would not buy again if I had it to do over.  I had a tension problem that developed after I started quilting. I had a feeling something was wrong and kept looking with the camera and every thing looked good but when I rolled the quilt I had railroad tracks on the back and I could not see that with the camera. Just my experience.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 518
Points 10,535

Thanks for your input, Joan. Maybe I'll just do the mirror thing and see if a flashlight helps. At least if that doesn't work, I haven't wasted $400 - $500!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 518
Points 10,535

I received an email today from MachineQuiltingConnection.com that the store is closing. They are selling Signature 100% cotton thread 3000 yd cones for $7.45 each. Great chance to stock up!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:34 PM

Thanks Carol!  I'm going to the website now.  I need to order the basic colors.  How are you?  

I've been taking the last 2 months off from longarming, to work outside.  But now that hot weather is back I'll be back in the studio.  :~)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:32 PM

AARG, just got to the end of my quilt and my backing is 5" to short, first time ever.  Unloaded it and now to add more backing and relaod

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:36 PM

For those of you who bought the hooked on feathers book, here is a quilt I just finished using the technique

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:14 AM

Elizabeth how beautiful. I love how this turned out and the colors are just so pretty.       I have an over sized queen top that needs to be done  should I ship it to you LOL J/K.  You did a fantastic job.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290

Lovely!  I think that's going to be my next book purchase!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 7:14 PM

bump

I wish I had something to report but my machine is down until our basement remodel is done. So, I 'bumped" this to see if anyone else has been working on their quilting :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 7:43 PM

My goodness, Eileen, has that basement remodel been going on for a year now?  It seems like it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 9:27 PM

MNnancy:

My goodness, Eileen, has that basement remodel been going on for a year now?  It seems like it.

Last month it was 2 years since the flood & sewer back up & a little over a year since we finally started working with a contractor. First contractor did not work out so we started working with another this Spring. Took a while to get paperwork, drawings, estimates & permit. The actual work began about 3 weeks ago & is progressing about as we expected. I think the carpenters & plumber have one (or part of one) more day. The electrician starts tomorrow & once he/they are done, the work will have to be inspected before the dry wallers can do their thing (may be up to a 2 week wait for the inspector). So, this is the result of our procrastination, switching contractors & the "usual" Chicago delays. We will be doing the painting ourselves so my best guess is two months before we can start moving our stuff. 

On the good side, we now have an overhead sewer system with battery backup that should prevent another flood/sewer back up, our electrical and other plumbing will be up-to-date and the basement will be a nicer space. And, we'll have an empty attic again! Gotta play & win the lottery before we can have the attic fixed up ;->

Page 31 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use