Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 30 of 40 (586 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 585 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 9:55 PM

Butting in here, all I know about longarming is my friend does my quilts and does a beautiful job!  But I wanted to tell you what I saw in the Home Depot the other day while I was shopping with the DH, walking all over that store!  Husky tools display - it has three tools on a red card - a telescoping magnetic pick up tool, a metal magnetic dish for the pins, and a little swiveling mirror to look underneath to check your stitches on the bottom side.  Certainly looked like a longarmers' tool set to me, so I got one for my friend, and she said it was perfect, she loved it!  Maybe you should check it out before they raise the price on us, it was only $9 - and one magnetic pickup tool was about $6 in a quilt shop, where we got it.  Well, why don't I just show you a photo?  Here you go - happy quilting! 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:26 PM

I am a Longarmer and you are right, this is a Great set of helpful tols. Lyn

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:27 PM

I am a longarmer and you are right those are great tools. Lynn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:17 AM

Carol, thank you for your thoughtfulness!  I wouldn't have thought to check Home Depot for things like this, but it certainly will help me in my longarming!  Thank you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:12 PM

I got one of these for my husband's Christmas stocking but I may just take it back and put it in the sewing room, LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 2:25 PM

Carol:
it was only $9 - and one magnetic pickup tool was about $6 in a quilt shop,

Put the word "quilt" on anything and it is going to be more expensive!  I love Harbor Freight for miscellaneous quilting notions.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 5:15 AM

I've had trouble logging into the forum for over a week!  Then I found out it's Internet Explorer causing the problem, QCA doesn't support IE anymore. 

I bought one of the tool sets from Home Depot, I really like the mirror on the telescoping handle!  And the magnet to pick up dropped pins is wonderful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,309
Points 26,915
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 11:57 AM

Christine:
I've had trouble logging into the forum for over a week!  Then I found out it's Internet Explorer causing the problem, QCA doesn't support IE anymore. 

THANK YOU for posting this.  I have not been able to get one for two weeks.  Just updated to google crome and all works fine.  Would have been nice to bee notified that IE was no longer supported!!!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:06 AM

I've been stalled on my longarming for over a month now.  I'm in withdrawal!  I bought a ruler foot for my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26" and it is the wrong foot, so I ordered another one and it's backordered.  I'm so frustrated!  I could take the quilt off the table and just start another quilt without rulers.  But I decided to wait in hopes that the foot would get here!  But it's been 6 weeks now... grrrr.

Murphy lives at my house, you see.  As soon as I take the quilt off the table, I'll get the foot in the mail the next day no doubt.  LOL  I've used the time away from my quilting room to work outside in the yard, planting and cleaning up.

Here's a photo of my back yard...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 320
Susan replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 7:39 AM

Sounds like Tin Lizzie.  I've had nothing but problems with mine.  When I first purchased it, the encoding feet were not working, which I did not know for 2 years. I just thought it was me and having to learn the machine. I finally broke down and took it to the authorized dealer and discovered it was the encoders. It took 3 months to get the part into the dealer and repaired. Then the cable got pinched at the store where I bought the machine another 3 months to get that repaired.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:46 AM

I'm sorry you've had a rough time.  Did you buy yours from a Janome dealer by any chance?  I went around my dealer and now contact  Tin Lizzie directly.  Tin Lizzie ended their relationship with Janome recently due to problems with the dealers nationwide.  It seems the dealers badmouthed Tin Lizzie as the problem, when it was the dealers who weren't providing service. EVERY time I've contacted Tin Lizzie directly the problem is resolved immediately.

You should join the yahoogroup called Tin Lizzie Longarm It's a great group of people.  They are always quick to help!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:47 AM

I forgot to add... I bought my second ruler foot from another company, it's that company that has them backordered.  :(  Can't wait until it gets here!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 320
Susan replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:55 AM

No. My husband bought it on line from SewingMachinesPlus.com.  When my husband called and talked to them, they promised they would come out and set it up if we had any problems.  They wouldn't even answer our calls.  I finally did start talking directly to Tin Lizzie, but they are just as slow and their customer service stinks.  I have told friends and  fellow quilters that they shouldn't buy a Tin Lizzie.  The local dealership here even talks bad about the Tin Lizzie and recommends the HQ.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,309
Points 26,915
Elizabeth replied on Sat, May 18 2013 3:59 PM

Finally tried a pantograph.  Sorry I waited so long it is so easy.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sat, May 18 2013 7:45 PM

Elizabeth,

Great job with the panto! Glad you finally decided to jump in and try one.

Page 30 of 40 (586 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use