Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 23 of 40 (588 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 587 Replies | 40 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 575

Wonderful!  I can't figure out where you find time to do all that you do!  Do you ever sleep? :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:24 PM

Jeanine, Your quilts are always so pretty - the one for Sandy relief is special for one of the ones who really need it!  I'm proud that so many of us are doing what we can for this project.  I am making blocks, and they said  to  use the wonky log cabin block - my question is, can I use blocks in other patterns?  I make so many of the scrap blocks I was told was Mile a Minute where I learned the method  - and Bonnie Hunter calls Crumb Blocks - I have so many made up of these types of blocks, I wonder if they would accept them, too?  The person I'm to send my blocks to is in Ontario, and understand as soon as I send them, I'll have to sign up again for the next batch, which I will, and also have two friends making them for me to send in (they sew, but don't "compute" LOL  Thank you,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:16 AM

For the quilting gallery effort, they want all blocks to be the same.  You can make anything you want to send if you are making a whole quilt but for the block drive they want the log cabins.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

I sort of had a lesson on Thursday. I have a 36 inch top from the border class at Quilt University that I took. I had to buy the batting from the quilt shop for $6.50. The teacher suggested a varigated thread that was red, white and blue. I was ok with that. The machine is a Tin Lizzie with a stitch regulator. I think I will be able to adjust to it without too much trouble. I got stated and the thread broke, teacher said I was going too fast and to slow down. The thread broke, the thread broke, the thread broke, the thread broke. I don't know how many times the thread broke, but it was a lot. The thread broke every time the teacher tried to start. Teacher finally decided it was the thread. So she switched to a white thread. The thread broke too many times to count. She changed the needle, rethreaded the machine, checked the tension and everything else she could think of. She finally said said it was the machine. I had to pay for the batting but she didn't charge me for the "lesson". I'm not sure wht I would have done if she tried to charge for the lesson. So now I am left to pick out all the stitches on this little quilt. I am not going to take another one in to be maimed on the machine, LOL. I did get the feel of the machine and will go back and try again after the first of the year. The teacher was calling her tech as I left the store. She has a bunch of quilts to do before Christmas so she was rather put out too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:34 PM

That must have been frustrating.  It was probably some lint stuck somewhere.  Hopefully it will get fixed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:44 PM

My latest customer quilt.  She is 94 years old and still quilting.  This is for a grandson...with a very eclectic assortment of florals, juvenile prints and other variations. Ncracks me up but am so in awe of her ability!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:11 PM

Fabulouse and tell her thank you quilt is beautiful!  I used to think my days for being able to quilt were numbered She has given me alot of inspiration for longevity.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:58 PM

This is such a beautiful quilt. I wish i had that pattern. Do you know the name of it? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:54 AM

Hi Jeanine,

I am a blue nut and love the snowy look of this quilt. It looks beautiful.

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:32 AM

Michelleicurn:

This is such a beautiful quilt. I wish i had that pattern. Do you know the name of it? 

I don't know the name of the pattern.  If I find out, I will let you know.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45
Kathleen replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:42 AM

My husband James is the long arm quilter in this family.  I watch with amazement.   He tries to teach me just to put the quilt on the machine, but it does not seem to register in my brain.   He has been doing the quilting now for 4 years +.  Ladies love him and value his knowledge. He has lots of color sense.  They always leave happy, thank goodness.   

WE also carry some batting and also backing.   It amazes me that some come only with their quilt tops.  

We live in Ocala Florida and welcome more customers.

He has a gammil/statler.

Long Arm Quilters wife,   Kathleen

www.CountryBoyQuilting.come and also on Facebook as Country Boy Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45
Kathleen replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:43 AM

I love blue and hope when i hit her age that I am still trying to quitl

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:40 PM

I am finally getting around to quilting my son's Christmas quilt.  I just couldn't get it done today but it is over halfway done. I struggled what to quilt on the black block borders...finally came up with the straight lines and square spirals.  The rest came together pretty easily.  Will post pictures of the finished quilt hopefully tomorrow!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:43 AM

Jeanine, I love the creativity you put into your quilting.  The quilt is very nice-very masculine looking or very modern.  Your son is sure to love it.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jeanine:

My latest customer quilt.  She is 94 years old and still quilting.  This is for a grandson...with a very eclectic assortment of florals, juvenile prints and other variations. Ncracks me up but am so in awe of her ability!

All I can say is WOW.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Page 23 of 40 (588 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use