Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 19 of 39 (582 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 581 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Great job on the quilt Jeanine, it turned out very nice and I'm sure your neighbor will love it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Granny M, you are right it is very overwhelming at first. I'm so happy for you that you are figuring it out and your quilt is so bright and beautiful. I love the colors.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:16 AM

The quilt and the quilting are beautiful, Granny M.     Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 238
Points 4,295
Christine replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:28 AM

Wow Granny M!  It looks wonderful!  You did a great job.  Keep going, getting that first quilt under your belt is the hardest, now it should go a little easier on the nerves.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:18 PM

You.ve come a long way Baby!

I am such a sucker for red, white and blue. I like the stars especially in the border. I love quilting!

Keep up the fun!!!!!

Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 5:48 PM

Help, Longarmers please help me!  I received this wall hanging to quilt and I am not sure if I should quilt thru the applique or around it.  I am going to do some lines to show water and then circles for pebbles.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

DebBee

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 5:54 PM

I would definitely quilt over the appliqué pieces.  They are two big to just quilt around.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 5:54 PM

I have not been on here lately and have been catching up with everyones quilts.  What a wonderful and talented group of people sharing on this forum.  I find that I don't have much computer time, now that I am doing quilting for others and still working a full time job.  Of course right now is crunch time to get everyones items done for Christmas.  I am enjoying being creative for others and sharing the wonderful gift God gave me of sewing.  Thank you to all who take time to post pictures and share their experiences!

DebBee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 5:58 PM

I know how you feel.  If I didn't have an iPad, I would never get on.  I work full time and have a quilt business and a quilt ministry.  I just can't stop but it does get busy!  I love it but am looking forward to January...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:15 PM

Jeanine and GrannyM,

Great jobs on you quilts! Denim always seems a little tuff with those thick seams. You did a great job Jeanine.  GrannyM I absolutely love those stars. What's the secret on those? Did you use a ruler or is that freehand?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:20 PM

DebBee,

I agree with Jeanine. They are too large not to quilt on the appliques. If you don't, they may just hang off the back ground. Can you make some fish scales on them and outline on them. I can't tell for sure but it doesn't appear that they have any type of applique stitching on them. Maybe trace just on the edge.  A few little fish bubbles would be good too. Sounds like you have some good ideas going yourself.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:18 PM

Thanks for all your input on the wall hanging.  The pieces have been quilted around the applique, but I tend to agree with quilting over them.  I just needed some reassurance, before I tackled it.  Ramona, I do like the idea of the fish bubbles. 

Will attempt to get a pic on here once it is completed.  Thanks again...Bee Happy Sewing!

DebBee

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 350
Karen replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:29 PM

I agree that you should quilt the fish.  I have quiled appliqué before and the thing you should do ia use a heavier weight thread because when the needle punches through the fabric it will leave a hole, the thicker thread helps fill the hole so it is not so noticeable.

good luck,

Karen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:08 AM

Ramona:

Jeanine and GrannyM,

Great jobs on you quilts! Denim always seems a little tuff with those thick seams. You did a great job Jeanine.  GrannyM I absolutely love those stars. What's the secret on those? Did you use a ruler or is that freehand?

i was surprised I didn't have more issues with the denim quilt.  My neighbor made it for her daughter out of her jeans and I was really dreading it.  I am amazed it went so well.  I need to bind it tomorrow and get it delivered tomorrow!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:57 AM

Pics before you deliver it Jeanine, please.

Millbury, MA

Page 19 of 39 (582 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use