Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 17 of 40 (586 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 585 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:04 PM

Darling quilt, Robyn!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:57 PM

Finished longarming one top and now on to the next... a Quilt of Valor.  I'm having trouble with my thread though.  It's a Tex 50 (I want it to really show up) and I'm using an 18 needle.  The thread breaks, not often though.  About once each time I go across the quilt.   Should I be using a 20 needle?  I have the same thread in the bobbin.  It doesn't break often enough to be worrisome, it's just annoying.  Any thoughts?

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:26 AM

It looks nice, Christine.  I would use a 40 wt thread and polyester is stronger and shouldn't break much.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,295
Points 26,575
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 11:06 AM

Christine, beautiful, I would go up aq needle size.  I use the 18 with King Tut but find I need to oil more often

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:16 PM

Sylvia,

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! My daughter lives just outside of Dallas and would just love to have this on her wall.  Is it your own pattern?  Great job!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:19 PM

Sylvia,

I remember those days when I hated to go to work because of all the quilting and fabric shopping I'd rather be doing.  But, yes, it's great you have the job. 

I like your current project too. Your color choices are great!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:30 PM

Christine,

Beautiful quilt and love the panto on it. I've put it on my wish list at her site.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:32 PM

Robyn,

What a darling baby quilt. So beautiful! The Christmas skirt turned out wonderful as well. Great job

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:03 PM

Thanks Ramona!  Yes it is my own creation.  I still can't believe it came out the way I wanted it to.  :~)

I had alot of trouble with the point blocks until I trusted EQ7s template.  LOL!

I'm thinking of making some more of them out of the red, white and blue texas fabric line "Deep in the Heart of Texas".  I think it's Moda, but I need to check my charm packs and make sure.  These were all 2-1/2" squares but I'm thinking about using the 5" squares from the charm pack to see how it comes out.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:04 PM

Christine,

What a beautiful quilt!  Love love love the quilting too! 

Great job

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:07 PM

Robyn,

Great job on the tree skirt!

The quilting is great!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:13 PM

Sylvia,

It's funny how we just can't let go sometimes. It did turn out wonderful. Anxious to see how the 5" does.  I have EQ5. Just can't make that jump to 7.  You really did do a great job.  Congrats on getting it finished.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 972
sissi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:58 PM

I have a quilting questions.....I noticed that my color thread is showing on the other side and has bubles...or loops

1) WHY?

2) Can I continue just quilting the middle (if I get the problem fixed) and the sides and remove the quilt from the rollers and then remove all the bubbles....go over where I removed the stiches.....?

It means that my quilt would be already sandwiched and I would just use 2 rollers to quilt it again.

I have a tin lizzie 18 and I think my tension knop is not working...I tunr it and not tension is happening.

3) I start quilting and the thread does not make any sewing.....just a long piece of thread on top....WHY?

Thanks

Celine

Celine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:10 PM

Sissi,

The first thing I would do is re-thread your machine including the bobbin and make sure the thread is "seated" in the tension guides by giving it a little tug once it is all threaded.  The loops can mean several things. Maybe you tension needs to be increased on the top, maybe your quilt is too tight, maybe your machine isn't threaded properly or the thread is catching on something. Sometimes my cone will come up a little and the thread will get caught there and give it a jerk.  I would remove the spot of quilting while it's on the rollers and go back and re-quilt those areas. You can also take it off the frame and remove the areas, put it back on and re-quilt the areas.   Sometimes the problem is caused by using different weights of thread in the top and bobbin. I always use the same thread in both places.  I'm sure others will have ideas for you so hang in there!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:30 PM

sissi:

I have a quilting questions.....I noticed that my color thread is showing on the other side and has bubles...or loops

1) WHY?

2) Can I continue just quilting the middle (if I get the problem fixed) and the sides and remove the quilt from the rollers and then remove all the bubbles....go over where I removed the stiches.....?

It means that my quilt would be already sandwiched and I would just use 2 rollers to quilt it again.

I have a tin lizzie 18 and I think my tension knop is not working...I tunr it and not tension is happening.

3) I start quilting and the thread does not make any sewing.....just a long piece of thread on top....WHY?

Thanks

Celine

Are you getting pokies ... Dots... Or actual loops?  You should use the same color of thread in top and bottom.  If they are loops, it is probably tension.  

If your machine is not sewing, check that your bobbin is inserted correctly and that your machine is threaded correctly.  Somehow, your hook is not catching your thread.  Hopefully, it is not your timing.  That usually doesn't go out unless you had an issue ...

Page 17 of 40 (586 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use