Page 3 of 40 (586 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 585 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Vivian,

Boy, do we all share your frustration @ tension! I solved mine with Glide thread & Magna-glide pre-wounds! I won't switch back! Glad you solved your problem.

Cindy Stowe

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 11:49 PM

You ladies are all amazing with your quilting. I'm enjoying the photos and the tips etc. Just so darn difficult to get my comments posted lately.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Cindy Stowe:
I solved mine with Glide thread & Magna-glide pre-wounds!

I am considering that route.  Prewounds may be the way to go.   I just have to order everything so there is not hopping down to the local to pick up some bobbins.  and the local is closing this month so no ordering through there.  What kind of longarm do you have Cindy?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Vivian,

I have a Queen Quilter 18, it's the stripped down version of Tin Lizzie that they make. Glide is by Fil-Tec.  Address is:  www.bobbincentral.com   Go to Embroidery/sewing threads.  It's a whole lot cheaper than all the rest, as well. I'm going to stock up more on the Magna-Glide bobbins!

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Here's a customer's quilt I just finished! I think it came out just awesome!

Cindy Stowe

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170

Hi Jeanine,

You did a wonderful job! The quilting really shows up on the lighter colors especially the White. I do agree with you, I tink I would have used another color as well.

Great job as usaul,

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:19 AM

Cindy, thats amazing also it is unique to have a quilt with feet!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 12:30 PM

Cindy

The quilt is beautiful.   I am really loving those black and white blocks back there on your design wall....gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950

Cindy the quilt is gorgeous! I too love the black and white blocks behind you. I've done that pattern in purples and white and it's such a fun block! Makes a gorgeous quilt top! I have a completed top I need to get quilted. Customer quilts first tho!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 3:07 PM

Cindy,

Such a wonderful quilt job on your customer quilt!!!  I just LOVE all the feathering.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Vivian,

Those belong to my Grandson. He even made a comment about them being in the picture & wanted me to edit them out! He's such a trip!

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Nana & Bonnie,

That's an Orion Star pattern. You can't see it, but the black has white swirls & the white with black swirls. It's been in the "to do" project bin for a long time, finally found the fabric to do it with. I like how it's coming out!

Cindy Stowe

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:14 PM

Cindy, the quilting looks lovely - I bet the customer was pleased :-)

I finally got back on my longarm today after too long of a break. I did the last border on one niece's quilt and quilted a small baby quilt for our neighbor - their babe turns one on Monday so it's a birthday gift. Her room is done up in a dinosaur theme, unusual for a girl, but fun. Here's a photo (just took it off the frame tonight) & a close-up (used an overall meander):

I used my new Red Snappers to load the quilt (bought them at the expo in Madison last week). They will take some getting used to but will really save time over pinning.  For now  I feel like I need three hands to use them - one to hold the top or backing, one under the snapper part in the leader cloth & another to push the clamp in place. It will just take some practice :-)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:23 PM

I didn't buy the snappers, I bought the leader grips, same thing and you do need to learn to use them. When you do, just minutes to load and you don't think twice about rotating a quilt.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 200

I finally got to work in my little building stitcing away on my discovery had it humming for sure had a queen size star design to work up for a lady and got it stitched up and the stars in the stitching design worked up just as I hoped they would and then loaded and got a throw size done also of the winter faires this lady did a wonderful job putting this one together will have to take photos today to post as was to tired when done after working all day at the factory and then getting a queen and throw size done on my machine was ready to drop as my day starts at 4 a.m. getting ready for my regular job. A hot soak in the tub helped a lot then it was time to hit the sack with Bear jumping up and deciding he was going to lay between us for the night to..... Tammy

Page 3 of 40 (586 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use