Page 1 of 38 (566 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 565 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,145
QCA Admin Posted: Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:27 AM

Hello,

We have started a new Longarmers Share discussion due to the length of the first discussion. Please post here. Previous comments can be found here.

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 200
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,690
Sylvia replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:04 AM

Wow!  That must have been alot of posts!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,200
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:41 AM

Snugglebug,

I know how you feel about being nervous before surgery.  Give yourself a few days and you'll be back quilting again! 

Sending up prayers for you!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Thanks Ramona. I had a stupid asthma attack this morning and now they might postpone the surgery. Sigh. Ow I don't know if I want to go or not!  Lol. Just waiting for the dr office to call to let me know if it's a go or not. 

Zeba

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,548
Points 51,295
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:57 AM

Oh Zeba, such a downer when you are all keyed up and ready to go.  I know how it feels to have those attacks come on.  I don't have them but my daughter does and don't you know, she had one yesterday when she went to take me for lab work.   Hope it leaves quickly and you can have a successful surgery.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Ginny. Thanks. They cancelled my surgery. Said they didn't want to do it with my asthma active. I've rescheduled it for the end of November, hopefully after allergy season should be a good time. It's so frustrating though. Now I just feel drained, both from the asthma and also from the emotional roller coaster. 

Zeba

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:12 PM

Relax Zeba,

With all of us praying for, nothing can go wrong. Godspeed and quick recovery!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,200
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:04 AM

Zeba,

I tried to get on here yesterday but no luck. Tried for most of the day and only could get on quick and then couldn't go between discussions. Finally gave up. Glad this morning is doing much better.

Sorry to hear they are postponing your surgery. I wish there was a way to keep you from getting all worked up and having an attack.  I don't know your medical conditions but  I was thinking that before my 4 surgeries I requested something to take the edge off. They gave it to me each time in pre-op. I'd get so worked up that I would get sick to my stomach or almost pass out. After they gave it to me I was really relaxed and don't recall a whole lot after that. That won't help you get there though LOL. But maybe there is something out there that you can be given to settle you down a bit before going?  It won't hurt to ask.  Just a thought.

Did they say when they are rescheduling it for?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Ramona.  Thanks for the encouraging words.  I think you could very well be on target.  I do have asthma as well as anxiety disorder ( I get nervous when there is no need to be nervous) sooo, I'm comfortable thinking my nerves had a role to play with my asthma attack.  I am taking an inhaler daily now until the surgery, which at this point is scheduled for the end of November, well after my allergy season is over.  However, I am thinking I may call to see if we can bump it up a bit earlier.  I know it's just a minor thing in the scheme of things, but to me....LOL  I'm a baby I guess.  Plus I don't have any discomfort if I'm careful what I eat so the motivation just isn't there. :)  I really do appreciate the kind words though.Funny how much it helps! 

Meantime, I'm feeling like jumping on the longarm! I actually have the 2 QoV finished that had been looming over my head.  I guess I really should start taking some pictures!  These ladies make some lovely quilt tops!

Zeba

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Judy Lee, thanks a million.  Now if I can keep my asthma under control I might actually have the stupid surgery!  LOL  BTW, I don't recall getting any of your funny emails lately.... :)

And I just love the quilts you've been posting! 

Zeba

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,200
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:32 PM

Zeba,

You are not a baby!! When it's happening to us it's the biggest thing in the world. After all, it's not every day we go under the scope, knife, anesthesia and have something removed from our bodies. Being a little beside yourself is certainly understandable.  So no need to down play it with us.  I hope they can give you a little something for the anxiety. I'd certainly check into it.  And, like was said on here, with all the prayers being said for you, how could anything possibly go wrong.  Have faith, you are in great hands.

Until then, keep up with the good diet and glad you feel like quilting a bit. Can't wait to see some of those quilt pictures!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:32 PM

Hi Zeba,

I have kinda been under the weather as well but I started sending more funnies this week. Sometimes they are what keeps me smiling or giggling and I truly hope that all who receive them feel the same way.

Keep your chin up and asthma down!

Judylee

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 295

Mandy, I'm  not sure how to post to the forum.

My name is Ann, and I have a Crwon Jewel. I've been longarming for almost three yrs. I've done some for other people, but not too much. I'd love to do more but am not really sure how to drum up business. All suggestuons welcome. I do have some cards in one of our local quilt shops but that has only brought a few jobs thus far.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170

Hi Ann,

I have a Jewel and quilt for others. I joined a local sewing group at a LQS and participated in show and tells. My friends use me and they recommend me to others.  It is the best of both world. I have my sew day with the girls, socialize, and work on my own projects, the rest of the time I quilt for others.

Judylee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950

Ann, I would suggest joining local guilds also. It is a good way, using show and tell of your work, to get other people interested and future customers.

Good luck with building your business. It builds fast once it starts!

Page 1 of 38 (566 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use