Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 242 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
hen I got distracted by a pin cushion/scrap bag I
   Judy, So you just threw this together! It is a clever idea ! I like it ! Wish I could whip up something like that so quickly. I also like your ironing station.    Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:28 PM | Locked

Today I finally got the courage to start cutting out the pieces for my daughters wedding quilt.  As I have indicated before, her name is Sarah and the pattern for the quilt is called "Sarah's Wedding Quilt"  Perfect right,  but to my dismay, it is for experienced quilters and I am beginner.  And of course I want it to be perfect.  There are 8 different fabrics, and I have the pieces cut out of 1 of them.  So progress made.  Hands were shaking though when I made my first cut and it was 3 3/4 inches.. OMG.  It will be worse when I have to cut out the diamonds,  but oh well, one down and 7 togo.  Now the love of my life wants to go out for dinner and he likes to go early to beat the crowds, so I guess I have to stop and get ready to go out.  Just when I am "in the groove".  Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

Susan :

Judy T-Bellingham:
hen I got distracted by a pin cushion/scrap bag I
   Judy, So you just threw this together! It is a clever idea ! I like it ! Wish I could whip up something like that so quickly. I also like your ironing station.    Susan

Susan, it isn't my pattern. I downloaded a free pattern from Elizabeth Hartman's blog called Weighted Pincushion Organizer. She called for rice in the bottom of the pincushion topped with a layer of poly stuffing. I used sand as it made it heavier and less apt to slide off the table.

My ironing station is the top of my lateral file cabinet! My room is small and quilting shares space with my home bookkeeping business, so I have to make use of every square inch.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:38 PM | Locked

Donna:
Today I finally got the courage to start cutting out the pieces for my daughters wedding quilt. 

Donna, good for you!

Take a deep breath, remember every stitch is with love. Even if it doesn't come out perfect, it will be perfect. Does that make sense?

If you haven't already, read the instructions all the way through. I tend to charge ahead with projects and then find out, too late, that I misread something.

Be sure to post pictures of your progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:40 PM | Locked

Judy

Really neat thread catcher pin cushion.   Those little things sure come in handy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy Really neat thread catcher pin cushion.   Those little things sure come in handy.

So, Nana, do you think if I bring it with to Branson I'll do any better at keeping my area tidy? 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

Joyce:

Hi Patricia Faye, that is a cute quilt I'm sure your gd will love it.  If you are coming to Severn, Md. I'm only about 15 min. away.  Would be nice to meet for a coke or something to put faces to some of our QCA.  If you have time let me know I don't want to take time from your daughters.  I know how I am when I get to go to Ohio to see my gc & dd.  Have a great time and a safe flight.

Joyce

Joyce, I'd love to meet you for a coke while I'm in Severn.  I sent you a PM.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Judy, I made one similar to yours, but mine is much smaller. I found a tutorial online too.  I used some Mary Engelbreit fabric I had in my stash.   It sits nicely next to my sewing machine!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye:
udy, I made one similar to yours, but mine is much smaller.

Patricia, that's the exact same pattern. I did make the pincushion portion a couple inches smaller than the pattern. I also made the top one solid piece and then was sorry I didn't piece it like the pattern.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Judy, yes, it is the same pattern.  Amazing that we would pick the same pattern!  I used the same fabric for everything but the center of the pincushion.  I made my bag a little smaller because I was running short on the fabric.  I love the pincushion! I used rice and really stuffed it so it sits like a bean bag (heavy.)   It wasn't very difficult but I had to read the instructions a couple of times before I got it right.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,000
Bonita replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:28 PM | Locked

Judy and Patricia Faye, looks like great minds think a like. Both pin cushions are real nice, Thanks for the link Judy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:03 PM | Locked

Annette:
I worked on a quilt top (that will be a gift for my MIL) this morning before I left for work! I don't like the areas where you can see the seam allowances through the white sashing that is pieced together so I may add some applique flowers, hearts, or words using the dark pink border material and place them over those seams to hide them.

Pretty quilt top Annette. Nice work.

I think when you add your batting and backing those seam allowance won't be so obvious. I think I print backing would be nice.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:04 PM | Locked

Thank you Judy for the words of encouragement.  I will keep yall updated.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:05 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I got distracted by a pin cushion/scrap bag I saw on the internet and stopped what I was doing to make it. The top is felted wool.

I love it Judy. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:08 PM | Locked

Donna:
Today I finally got the courage to start cutting out the pieces for my daughters wedding quilt. 

Yay Donna! That first step is the hardest. It will get better.

Page 242 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use