Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 240 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:55 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye:
Saturday I finished my QAYG Orphan Squares I put together several months ago, but never got around to adding the sashing & binding. I think it turned out cute.

Very cute Patricia. Nice work.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:14 AM | Locked

Nice job Patricia on chica and good luck on ufo's.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 4:20 AM | Locked

Kelley:
Need advise...  I have been trying to used up some of my stash and sell a few small quilts.. Well I need advise on my fabrics pictured... If you all think they would look OK together ans what quick pattern should I make with them.. I have been doing rail fence and 4 squares .. very simple...lol.. maybe a trip around the world/.. Oh I don't know...
     Kelley, I like the idea of fussy cutting the owls. However, I would not put the pink and yellow fabric with the owls and green.    Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:24 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye  love  your quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:39 AM | Locked

Patricia - I like your quilt and I'm sure you GD will as well. 

What is the address of the blog you found that teaches how to organize UFO's.  I am flitting from one to another and not getting anything accomplished.  I need a siggy to read something like "so many projects, so little time".... :)

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye I love your QAYG quilt. I'm sure yout DGD will love it. 

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 675
Annette replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

I worked on a quilt top (that will be a gift for my MIL) this morning before I left for work! I don't like the areas where you can see the seam allowances through the white sashing that is pieced together so I may add some applique flowers, hearts, or words using the dark pink border material and place them over those seams to hide them. I am a beginner quilter and I didn't follow any specific pattern, just a basic disappearing nine patch and then I added sashing and borders because I wanted it to be bigger. I used two Moda coquette charm packs and a couple of white charms I had laying around. I used some white yardage I had laying around for the sashing.  I still have to buy something for the back. I'm trying to decide between muslin or a print. As for quilting, I'll probably just do stitch in the ditch or an echo, something straight and easy for my machine.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

very pretty quilt ,I think I'd go with a print backing ,but that's just me , I'm sure what ever you choose for quilting will be beautiful . good luck  Annette...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

Kelly I love the owls fabric and the green. Not so sure about the pink though...on my computer it looks too different from the one on the owls. I think you need more of a purple pink or a pale pink. Now I think there is some aqua on the wings? That would look good too... Sorry this is my two cents worth!

Kelley:

Need advise...  I have been trying to used up some of my stash and sell a few small quilts.. Well I need advise on my fabrics pictured... If you all think they would look OK together ans what quick pattern should I make with them.. I have been doing rail fence and 4 squares .. very simple...lol.. maybe a trip around the world/.. Oh I don't know...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,655
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:

What is the address of the blog you found that teaches how to organize UFO's.  I am flitting from one to another and not getting anything accomplished.  I need a siggy to read something like "so many projects, so little time".... :)

This is the blog:   blog.PatSloan.com and her Website- www.PatSloan.com 

She has some great ideas.  Good luck.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

Annette

Your quilt is very pretty.  I love all the soft pinks.  I don't think I have "met" you before so welcome.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 675
Annette replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:17 PM | Locked

Hi Nana,

Thanks!

I just joined a couple of days ago and I have been busy with Girl Scout cookie season so I hadn't had the chance to find the intro board but I am going to go there now. I love this so much I signed up for the Premium membership. I can't get enough of quilting. Even when I can't quilt I love to just browse through the quilt books, magazines and websites. 

Thanks for the welcome!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 675
Annette replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:11 PM | Locked

Thanks Barbara, I think I will go with a print background.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:31 PM | Locked

Very pretty quilt, Annette. Pretty pinks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:50 PM | Locked

great quilts, linda.  i love that they are so bright

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 240 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use