Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 239 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
The reason I haven't worked on a quilt lately is my 16 yo dog, Elgar, is in his last days and I've been spending extra time with him

Oh Brigit-Carol, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a heartbreaking day for you. My prayers go out to you for your peace of mind. I hope you can get some rest.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:23 AM | Locked

Patti:
I found an old kit from years ago and made myself a new pin cushion/thread holder.

Too cute Patti. I love the fabric.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:24 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
The reason I haven't worked on a quilt lately is my 16 yo dog, Elgar, is in his last days and I've been spending extra time with him.

Oh Brigit, I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your furry companion. Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:26 AM | Locked

Linda:
I've been a busy bee. Just realized that I have 7 quilt tops finished for my retreat center project! I

WTG Linda.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Yesterday I saw a pattern for scraps that I just love.  Just let me say, it contains lots of itty bitty half square triangles and flying geese.  I have points overexposed, points cut off, and geese that don't fly straight.  And no wonder the block is not square.   I will try this again another day with paper piecing and see what happens. 

DH is wondering about those Roman shades.  Better go shrink the backing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

Linda, you have been quite busy. Very nice quilts.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:13 PM | Locked

I did not work on a quilt, but I bought fabric for MQ8.   I think it will be nice. These are new colors for me.  I will post pics later.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:00 PM | Locked

Need advise...  I have been trying to used up some of my stash and sell a few small quilts.. Well I need advise on my fabrics pictured... If you all think they would look OK together ans what quick pattern should I make with them.. I have been doing rail fence and 4 squares .. very simple...lol.. maybe a trip around the world/.. Oh I don't know...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

I would do a churn dash block with fussy cut of center out of owl fabric. I don ' t think pink and yellow goes well but would be good as backing.

just my idea.

nan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

I've been off line for quite a spell, around a year.  Been busy with soooooo many other things including tooth problems.  I guess they are wearing out!!! You can not do anything when your teeth are bothering you.  Almost have that straightened out and am on the mend. 

Today after church I put my backing and a quilt top on my quilting frame and am ready to quilt for the first time in ages!!! I'll post a photo when I get it finished. It is a blue jean /tee-shirt quilt made from grandson's grade school clothes.  Glad to be back!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 683
Points 17,130
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:29 PM | Locked

Thank you all for your comments and well wishes.  It is hard, but I know I made the right decision.  I had a restless night because Elgar was not by the bed snoring as he's done for many years.  The house was just so quiet.  But today is better and I sewed 3" strips end to end in preparation for a "jelly roll" quilt -- this one in tied dyed -- it will really be wild.  Plus I finished the squares for a mystery I'm doing elsewhere. 

Flojo - welcome back.  I hope to get to know you.

Kelley -- I really like your fabric choices.  Lovely, happy colours. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

Hello everyone!

Saturday I finished my QAYG Orphan Squares I put together several months ago, but never got around to adding the sashing & binding. I think it turned out cute. I'm taking it to my 1 yr old granddaughter in Maryland on Wednesday. She likes a TV show called "Chica Chicken" so I named this one "Chica Chicken on the Farm"  since it has chickens, apples, baskets & acorns.  It'll be just the right size for her to wag around too.  I'll be staying until 3/13! Can hardly wait to spend time with daughter, granddaughter, & son-in-law.  I'm taking 4 prepared appliqué blocks & some mug rugs that need the binding sewn to work on while I'm there.   Here are the pictures:

Today I spent the day cleaning my sewing room & the rest of the house - so much dust!  I also took an inventory of my UFOs and maybe tomorrow will rank them in the order I "want" to finish them.  I have quite a few in various stages of progress. I read a blog that walks you through how to get your UFO's organized so figured I'd give it a try.   I have lots to do before my flight on Wednesday morning.  I dread the cold weather (like snow) they are having in Severn, Maryland after the pleasant 70's we've had here for the past few days, but it is worth it to spend time with my girls!  Taking my laptop so I can keep up with what is happening here.  

Have a great week!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,762
Points 67,000
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye, very cute quilt, I'm sure your DGD will love wagging it about. Have a safe trip and enjoy your girls.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Cute quilt, Patricia!  Good job on the back, too.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 239 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use