Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 235 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 233 234 235 236 237 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

Carol:

Kris, your quilt is beautiful!  How did you quilt it? I can't tell if it's machine or hand, also nice colors!

Thanks Carol it is machine quilted; an all over meander except for the "X" blocks which I stitched in the ditch.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
Mine kept nagging me about getting finished, so I put them inside of ziplocs which are sealed up inside the UFO bin.  Haven't heard a peep out of them since!  ...Maybe I should check to be sure they haven't suffocated...

ROFLOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

Ginny:
  Please keep them in your prayers.  I will probably have big sister here tomorrow .   Gosh , guess I had better get in thete and sew on that quilt.    Ginny

Prayers going up Ginny.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Thank you , Kris for the prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:29 AM | Locked

Thank you , Kris for the prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Thank you , Nana.   Don't know anything yet this morning.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,377
Points 20,680
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Well, I haven't worked on a quilt today , but now that I am home I have to go do alittle on my future GGS's quilt.  It's been a little tough here to work on it lately.  I had to watch my 3 yo GGD yesterday while her Momma was at work- and Momma didn't get home til about 2 hours later than expected.  Today I got an emergency call from my daughter to come to her house to watch my GGD as she got an emergency call from my GD, who was on her way home from a biweekly non-stress stress test for her pregnancy. She suddenly couldn't see.  My daughter rushed down there and took her to the hospital, the poor girl was having a very bad headache too.  But her blood pressure wasn't very high. so they were going to watch her for a while and plan on sending her home in the AM.  The baby is due in abut 4 weeks, but when they had the baby heart moniter on her his heart rate kept decelerating.  So they are keeping her for sure to find out what is going on.    Baby's daddy is a long haul trucker and is not in town.  He plans on taking a month off when the baby comes, and he wants to be here when he is born.  My GD is a brittle type 1 diabetic.   Please keep them in your prayers.  I will probably have big sister here tomorrow .   Gosh , guess I had better get in thete and sew on that quilt.    Ginny

Ginny, Is the type 1 diabetic GD the same one who is pregnant and having vision and other troubles?  That sucks.  :-/  I have type 1 and from what I hear, pregnancy is a nightmare for folks like us.  

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Yes, Carolyn, one and same granddaughter.  And yes, she has had a difficult time regulating her sugars this time.  She hadn't planned on having any more children, but apparently God thought she was being an excellent mother to her daughter and so decided to bless her again, even though she was on birth control. 

She has been blessed with not having any of the things happen to her medically that so often happens to brittle diabetics until now and I hope this is a passing thing. She has to go in twice a week for a non stress  test on the baby to see how things are progressing- and now this.  She had just left the dr office following the test when everything went downhill.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,377
Points 20,680
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Ginny,

That's scary to think about.  My husband and I have decided not to have children for multiple reasons, but mainly because of the health risks that pregnancy and childbirth would pose to me.  It's scary to think that she got pregnant even while on birth control.  I know it can happen, but we always assume that it won't happen to us!  Best wishes to your granddaughter and your family.  I've heard how hard it can be.  Hopefully, she'll get through it without permanent damage and have a beautiful, healthy baby at the end.

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:11 AM | Locked

Well, after working 24 of the last 48 hours half as a server and half as  cook, I havent gotten much sewing done.  I hope to get back to it this afternoon, just gonna chill out this morning.  I do have the Sugar Club bom in my inbox and that is yell at me to get started on it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

Thank you so much, Carolyn.  She is still not feeling well this morning..  Her Dr is coming in to check her eyes, hopefully it is something that is not going to be serious or permanent.   Her Dad was upset at her for getting pregnant and now he is really worried that it may affect the baby.  He LOVES his grandbabies.    I will be having big sister Veronica this afternoon and all night -- that will be fun.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Ginny prayers going to your DGD and baby as well as all the family.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

Thank you , Angele,  boy I needed the prayers about an hour ago or so.  The 3 y/o was hereand had woken up from a nap and started crying that she wanted to go home and wanted her Mommy. Told her Mommy was still in the hospital so she could stay with me tonight and we could go see her tomorrow- but no way she wanted to go home.   I talked to my daughter about it-to figure out what we could do.  Well, she called Mommy in the hospital and Mommy called me crying.--upset that they don't seem to be doing anything and the fact that Veronica was crying, but Veronica wouldn't talk to her.  Well, I finally got both of them calmed down and just as Veronica admitted she wanted to stay- her favorite auntie "Te Te" called and asked to take her home with her.  So by now Veronica was glad to go to "Auntie TE Te's" house.  Now maybe I can get back at the quilt where I found a mistake and correct it.    Hmmm- think that will wait until the morning, I'm too tired.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

Oh Ginny! I am so sorry to hear of your Dear granddaughter's ills!!!
I just popped in and am also saying prayers for her and for you- baby too.

Know that you are much thought about...out here in cyber space, and a lot of us are pulling for you!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,878
Points 40,520
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:39 PM | Locked

I was just looking for kris' quilt I must've missed it and couldn't find .

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 235 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 233 234 235 236 237 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use