Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 228 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Just a couple months ago I bid on a couple on eBay that eventually went for just under $250.

Judy, you have to continually move from machine to machine.  It took me a month to land one for under $200.  There are several sitting at about $100 right now with just a day left for bidding.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

michelle,  I may be in the market for one.  What name does your husband use to sell them and if I do decide to get one I will buy one from him.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,198
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

Patti, love your baby quilt, the butterfly is so pretty.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:48 PM | Locked

Judy

You just have to keep watching on ebay.   But somewhere around $250 with all the attachments and a case is a fantastic price.   They are really easy to clean them up and regrease and oil.  The only thing that could go wrong is a burnt out motor and those are easy to replace,  I bought mine off of ebay and think I payed close to $300 for machine, attachments, case and shipping,   But Tink is a great little machine and sews a beautiful stitch.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Donna, he said to just call him and he will let you know what colors he is workin on and can paint one the color you like. He uses car paint so its easy to pick out a color you like. They are taken down to bear metal and then painted, reassembled, etc. he's a retired engine mechanic and this keeps him busy! Let's me go to quilt shops as he likes talking to all the quilters and asks them what they like so he paints them for people. He does some black originals also if that is what someone wants. Am I allowed to put cell phone # on here? Not sure the rules, but I will post a photo of a red one. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

Michelle B

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

Michelle, what a beautiful machine.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Nancy, I don't think I explained it correctly. He takes all the paint off, sands with a baking soda. Then after the paint goes on, he has sets of decals that he buys. They are from a Singer site that sells the original supplies. Then all the parts are put back together and any parts that don work, he gets the original parts for. He has several machines and some are interchangeable, but you have to make sure the years are correct. He does the history search to make sure if its a 1930, you don't put 1950 parts on it. Then the decals are put on, these are newly produced, but originals. It's not too hard, tedious more than anything to get them straight and in the correct placement. Then they dry for a day, then the last coats of clear coat go on to protect it. They take about 1-2 weeks to do but he enjoys the process. And yes, he is probably one of those you are bidding against! He is one ebay watching all of them every day. Haha. Good luck on finding one. I am trying to figure out how to get a few pics on here. 

Michelle B

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Hi Michelle,  Does your husband have a web site that one could go to to determine pricing on refinishing featherweights?   I have a 1934 baby that needs some TLC.  I wouldn't post personal information like telephone numbers and addresses out on the general discussions.  But I'd love to know the pricing.  Can I friend you?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 38,370
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:47 AM | Locked

The machine looks great I've always wanted a white featherweight.

Now with my latest square in square pattern i just looked all through show and tell and didn't see anything like what I'm planning but I know somewhere someone must've had my crazy idea It can't be unique but it will be to me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

I spent the whole afternoon yesterday quilting.  I finished one of the MQ7 quilt tops.  I will post a pic. It will be in the MQ7 media and on my blog. Hope to get some more sewing in today. We will see.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:18 AM | Locked

Mimi, yes friend me. I'm not sure how to do that on this site, I'm always doing it on Facebook, thou. We are working on the website. Our son is helpin me get that set up as so far my husband has just put them up for sale as he does them. We're new to this, it started as a hobby to keep busy. Any ideas for websites we are interested in. My daughter set it up on Facebook as I know how to maneuver around there but I think a separate one is better? 

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 38,370
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:14 PM | Locked

I'd go to friendstoadd friends on here for private discussion like email or address be careful.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:16 PM | Locked

I was going to search back on this thread to where I last read it but gave up after going back 10 pages and realizing I still had a LONG way to go.  :o(  I am just not spending as much time on the computer as I used to.   I must say that everything I saw posted on those 10 pages were really nice gals (and Joe).  

I haven't really worked on a quilt per se for a while even though I am spending a lot of time in the sewing room.  I have made over 30 pillowcases, many pet pillows, some fleece Project Linus blankets, some potato bakers and other small projects.  I did get backings cut for 6 projects.  I chickened out and took my big table runner with tons of seams to the shop to have Ken quilt it on the long arm.  It will cost me the minimum of $45 to get it done but I really didn't want to attempt quilting it.  I have too much "blood, sweat and tears" in it to mess it up now.  Ken and I were joking around that it would probably take him longer to load it on the machine than the actual quilting.  :o)  Next warm day we have, I will set up my table out in the garage and sandwich the other 5 projects - 2 kid quilts and 3 large wall hangings.  This week I hope to work on the kitties cat tower project and get that out of the way.  Then I need to get back to piecing the top for our quilt.  I still have quite a pile of pillowcases needing to be sewn and it really didn't make that big a dent in my stash.  The "Friends of the Library" are having a book sale in May so I may make some Kindle / Nook covers for them to sell - since Dave is an officer of the group.  Thought about doing some in dog / cat fabric for the Humane Society fund raiser too.  I already have a dozen pillowcases waiting to be sewn for that. 

Well - at least now you know why i am not on the computer much any more. :o)  i just have too many irons in the fire.  Surprised I haven't ignited yet!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

I might be interested.  do you have pictures, what all comes with it?  is it the longer arm one - I saw 2 different ones when I googled it.  can you friend me and we'll chat more off the public site? 

I'm dear1953.  live in OK, where do you live?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 228 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use