Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 227 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,455
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
Judy -- lovely table runner.  I've been considered LeMoyne stars since I first saw them here.  Just not sure I'm skilled enough

Brigit. Really, skills aren't needed. I used the method of piecing together without having to join with Y seams. It was so easy. If the corner blocks are one solid piece, you'd need Y seams. But I used HST in the corners so was able to piece it, thanks to the person who posted the drawing with instructions. Who was it that posted it? I had printed it off and now can't find it. 

Go for it Brigit. I'm expecting you to use Lamoyne Stars in the State Block Swap! (LOL-just kidding).

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

Debbie,  I have a Baby Lock Ellure that I am gonna to sell next month because I am getting an Elantra.  The Baby Lock is 1 year old and and retails for 2,400.00.  I will be selling it for 750.00.  Let me know if you are interested before I give it to the local repair guy who sells them on consignment.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:35 PM | Locked

Debbie:
do you have the pattern for the hats out of tshirts?

The hat we used as a model was serged, but my 4-thread serger won't do the kind of stitching that was used on it (one separate line of stitching in addition to the edge stitching), and I didn't want to straight stitch and then serge, so I just used a stretch stitch built into my regular machine.  The raw edges aren't going to fray.

If you send me your mailing address, I can send you the pattern.  It's hand drawn on really big paper.  Then I can email close-up pictures of the inside seams to help guide you.  The pattern isn't great, and it really helped that I had a completed hat to follow.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Wow Donna,

That is an awesome price, what a great chance for someone to get a fantastic machine.  I purchased my Ellegante from my LQS, It was a trade-in and my LQS sold it and serviced it for the original owner.  I could never have afforded my machine under normal circumstances.  It has definitely been a win win situation.  Love my Ellegante.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:45 PM | Locked

Judy the Lamoyne Star should be easy is pieced one half at a time.  Of course that is just my opinion from observing the star.  I will try to do one in the next couple of weeks and see if I can do it.  I would love to print your way off also.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,455
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:12 PM | Locked

Joni:
Judy the Lamoyne Star should be easy is pieced one half at a time. 

That's how I do it. The sections pieced into halves and sewn together. It works out great. I love not having to do Y seams. I wish I could remember the person who posted the little drawing that made it so clear.  Yoo Hoo, are you out there? Please come forward and receive your reward. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:09 PM | Locked

Nancy,

Love your new Featherweight.  Know  you will love sewing on it.  My husband works on these, refurbishing, repainting and then selling on Ebay.  I have a few now, love sewing on them. We travel in an RV and they are perfect for taking everywhere.  

Michelle

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,455
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:17 PM | Locked

Michelle:

Nancy,

Love your new Featherweight.  Know  you will love sewing on it.  My husband works on these, refurbishing, repainting and then selling on Ebay.  I have a few now, love sewing on them. We travel in an RV and they are perfect for taking everywhere.  Michelle

I wish I would have purchased one a year ago when you could find them fairly inexpensively.  Now they are increasing in value monthly. Just a couple months ago I bid on a couple on eBay that eventually went for just under $250. I didn't get the bid as I didn't want to pay that much. My mistake.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

Michelle:
My husband works on these, refurbishing, repainting and then selling on Ebay.

He repaints them?  Buyers don't mind that the decals are covered?  I guess decals don't make it sew any better.  I did see a beautiful repainted Featherweight that had roses replacing the decals.  It's truly lovely! 

Asking price?  $1495.00

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

~delete
     ~duplicate 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Judy, love your runner

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

Patti, what a sweet baby quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

Nancy, love your new machine.   great hats for a great cause.   Get Randy's apron done!

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

The decals go back on after the 2nd coat of paint. They are the original ones. We put them on then the last clear coat goes on. We have a few painted original black, but the ones I love are the colors. I have a purple, we have a beautiful red, metallic that just sold. Also a sky blue metallic. They usually sell for about $800-900 on eBay. That was a few weeks ago. We do sell with original box and all the attachments. I think that is important. I also make a quilted cover for the machine while its in the box to protect the paint. I'll post a few pics on the ones he is working on now. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Michelle:
The decals go back on after the 2nd coat of paint. They are the original ones.

I had no idea the decals could be pulled off and then reapplied!  That must be pain-staking work!

So Michelle, is your husband someone we may have been bidding against when we try to get a reasonably priced Featherweight???  LOL

Page 227 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use