Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 226 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,222
Points 18,890
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

Patti, I love your butterfly baby quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,222
Points 18,890
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

MNnancy great looking featherweight.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:48 AM | Locked

Patti:
I just finished the top for a baby quilt for a co-worker.

Love that baby quilt Patti, great color combo and the butterfly is a winner, thanks for sharing the pattern.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,878
Points 40,520
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

Patti love your baby quilt.  The Butterfly is gorgeous!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,831
Points 123,575
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

And finally I'm still playing around with my new featherweight - cleaning, oiling, lubricating, adjusting.  Can't wait to start a quilt top with this!

I am so envious! I went to a garage sale this morning that had a featherweight listed in the ad. I was there when it opened. The person behind me shoved me aside, ran in and grabbed it. Literally.  Guess I'm just not agressive (ie: rude!) enough.  Besides, it was only the machine and the foot pedal. No case, no manual, no bobbins, nothing. They paid $250 for it. More than I would have paid without the extras and without trying it out.

I'll keep looking but these things are getting more and more expensive.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:29 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
The person behind me shoved me aside, ran in and grabbed it.

Oh no, Judy!  I'm so sorry you had to deal with some one like that.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:30 PM | Locked

Judy -- lovely table runner.  I've been considered LeMoyne stars since I first saw them here.  Just not sure I'm skilled enough...  Patti - your butterfly quilt is wonderful.  That is one fortunate baby!  Nancy -- love those hats, and for such a good cause. 

I worked on a quilt early this morning, thanks to insomnia.  It's FMQuilted but not yet bound.  I wish I didn't hate binding so much -- that last step takes the fun out of the whole process.  But I know it's a necessary "evil".  I have three more sandwiched and would much rather be quilting than binding, so it might be a couple of weeks before they get bound.  I've also cut out another batik brinks quilt and will get that sewn in the next couple of days.  Then there's the mystery quilt over on the Homesteading Today board, finishing up the one from the Quilting Board, and three block swaps I'm involved in.  Oh my, I've been bitten by the quilting bug really bad.  Thankfully there is no antidote I know of!  :)

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:59 PM | Locked

Cute table runner Judy!  Very strong colors.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:03 PM | Locked

Patti, this is such a cute baby quilt!  I love the butterfly in the centre!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

Wow Nancy, thank goodness you're retired, otherwise I wonder how you could keep up!  LLol love the hats and my DH would absolutely love the fabric you have for the apron. Where did you get it? I'm also green with envy each time I see your featherweight.  Ssssiiiigggghhhh!!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,831
Points 123,575
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Judy T-Bellingham:
The person behind me shoved me aside, ran in and grabbed it.

Oh no, Judy!  I'm so sorry you had to deal with some one like that.

nah Mimi, I didn't deal with him. Just ignored the rude jerk and moved away. Those kind of people aren't even worth a good cussing.  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:46 PM | Locked

Judy - " I wish I didn't hate binding so much -- that last step takes the fun out of the whole process. But I know it's a necessary "evil".

See, I love to do the binding- I make my own and that's always a challenge to remember how to do it.  But then sitting down and sewing on the binding is fun and relaxing to me.  Also, it tells me I'm almost done!  It's really the only hand sewing I do.  I just can not get the knack of hand quilting and I'll be honest I have never actually quilted (correctly) a quilt on the machine.  I attempted but know I didn't do it right. 

So my next machine (hopefully for my birthday May 6 - only 6 days before Mother's Day so I ask for big $ items for the two combined) will be one I can quilt and embroider with.  Been looking around and reading everyone's posts on the sewing machine discussion board.  Trying to narrow it down cuz budget is $500.  It's a major birthday - 60 - this year so i want a big $ item!  already told DH and family.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:50 PM | Locked

Nancy - that was my thought - her paper pieced butterfly would be a good center, especially done in pink, purple, yellow and  green.  I looked up the tutorial and then printed it out so I can practice and maybe make one for the next round robin. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

MN Nancy - do you have the pattern for the hats out of tshirts?  what  a great idea and I have a bunch of tshirts that I saved from the last three t-shirt quilts.  I could make those up and give them away.  Great idea!  Do I need a serger, don't have one?

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 3:10 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
nah Mimi, I didn't deal with him.

Oh you didn't say before that it was a guy.  Totally understandable. $$$  Not acceptable but understandable.

Page 226 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use