Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 223 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 221 222 223 224 225 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

JOE

What is the Amish Mafia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

See, Y'all? This is the advantage of hand quilting. After about forty years of experience you can work by feel while sitting slack-jawed with yore feet up in front of the tube.

Amish Mafia - A show on Discovery Channel, about alleged enforcers in the Amish Community

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/amish-mafia

Breaking Amish - Is or was a tv show on the learning channel about young folks breaking out, cussin' and flaunting their flesh in bikinis, stuff like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Amish

Because of watching the shows I wanted to, when I get done with Sophie's quilt and before I go on with lizards and such, to make one or two Amish style, dark and black, center diamond or other simple style.

Because I got one of those thing, don't know what you call it, where the skin of your quiltin' thumb splits right at the nail and tries to get blood on the quilt, I stopped and made the Breaking Amish (because colors too loud for Old Amish), practice block.

My DW likes it, and now I'll extend it to the Breaking Amish table runner.

And that is the rest of the story, TMI, I know.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

I'm searchin through quilt magazines, playing with EQ7 trying tofind my next pattern for Nephews quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

I'm working on a table runner. I started with the pattern on the cover of Fons & Porter Love of Quilting, Nov/Dec issue and reproduced it in EQ7. I used Lemoyne Stars instead of their blocks but used their border pattern.  I hope to have it completed this week and will post a photo. I do love EQ7!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:18 PM | Locked

Yes, I worked on a quilt today.  and in the process totally destroyed my nice neat shelves of fabric, looking for just the right piece.  Fabric everywhere.  Kind of like a teenage girl going through her whole closet looking for something to wear.  Trying on lots of stuff and throwing them done, to grab something else. 

Tomorrow is Friday, I'll have time in the afternoon to find my project.  It's somewhere in all that fabric.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:31 PM | Locked

Patti:
Yes, I worked on a quilt today.  and in the process totally destroyed my nice neat shelves of fabric, looking for just the right piece. 

I do know what you mean Patti. I've got a jumble also, pulling fabric for a project. Ain't it fun?? Also, sometimes I think the only reason I make quilts is so one cat or the other can nap on one!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 1:44 AM | Locked

What a cute kitty Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 4:51 AM | Locked

Judy, the cat knows the best place for a nap.  Nice cat, and quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 5:46 AM | Locked

Thanks Ginny. Yesterday I worked on the mystery again, and I put on the binding on a small practice quilt in the style of Ann Brauer. I read an article about her in Quilting Arts and it got me inspired. I just had to make a small quilt like that. I'm also bubbling inside with all kinds of ideas on dying (?) my own fabric and incorporating that with her style, combined with my own favourite technique. I'll have to wait till spring though, it's to cold to dye fabric.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Almost have the last block quilted on Nolan's quilt!  Then I just have to do the borders and bind and done!  Yay!  Then do I work on Bentley's quilt or do one for me? 

Am finally feeling better, still so stinking stuffed up though!  The coughing is better, am sooooooooo very tired of cough drops!  But if I don't keep them in my mouth I am constantly coughing.  Can't even blow my nose clear, it is so not fun.  Oh well, this too shall pass.  But this is the third time since October and I am fed up!

Ok, on to quilting!  Everyone have a fab day!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:18 AM | Locked

Patti:

Yes, I worked on a quilt today.  and in the process totally destroyed my nice neat shelves of fabric, looking for just the right piece.  Fabric everywhere.  Kind of like a teenage girl going through her whole closet looking for something to wear.  Trying on lots of stuff and throwing them done, to grab something else. 

Tomorrow is Friday, I'll have time in the afternoon to find my project.  It's somewhere in all that fabric.

Oh, patti, I go through that with every quilt.   I just made three quilts in the last week for the kids' school fund raiser.    When I finished and came to my senses, the fabric had exploded  all over the place.   

raiser

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Sounds like much of Eastern WA is covered in ice.  Freezing rain.  Even the local school districts have delayed school two hours.  Don't think I want to get on the road too early.  Think I will put the sewing room to order. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

We had freezing rain past Spokane Wednesday night, and a blizzard on the pass.   Now rain in Seattle.  Pretty much typical of all our january drives when we commuted from Seattle to sandpoint weekly.    I keep my head down and read so I can't see how bad the roads are.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:59 AM | Locked

I did work on a quilt yesterday and will do another today.  I sandwiched quilt number 5 yesterday and will sandwich quilt number 6 today.  Then I can get the big table out of the middle of the floor....LOL.  Next project will be doing a border on  round robin block.  Then I can get back to some of my projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:03 AM | Locked

Patti:

Sounds like much of Eastern WA is covered in ice.  Freezing rain.  Even the local school districts have delayed school two hours.  Don't think I want to get on the road too early.  Think I will put the sewing room to order. 

Seems like we dodged that bullet...no freezing rain here!  It was in the forecast for today when we went to bed last night, but we didn't get any and the forecast is now for clearing and none forecast.    Yeah!  Skiing in ice is NOT fun!!!

Winthrop, WA

Page 223 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 221 222 223 224 225 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use