Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 211 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 209 210 211 212 213 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:29 PM | Locked

Not sure if this will help or not Judy.  It is Kaye Woods demonstrating a easy Y seam, at least according to her :)    Y Seam

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:31 PM | Locked

Hi maryann, it is nice to meet you.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,819
Points 39,825
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:21 AM | Locked

I finally worked on baby quilt.  I did stitch in ditch to anchor .  I might do a medallion fmq in center of white blocks.  Whats your suggestion? ... The stair step diagonal is throwing me a curve ball but at least I made alittle progress today.  It really looks bland and washed out but any suggestions I appreciate.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:25 AM | Locked

Not yet today, but yesterday I got my western top basted and started hand quilting using a primitive straight stitch with embroidery floss, then my quilt buddy, Kathy came over and we tried out the new presser foot, side cutter by Singer and cut out one of my BOM blocks. Now, I'm having my coffee and then I'm headed back out to the loft to get one block together and perhaps work on another UFO. I'm really going to try to get some of my tops quilted this year and at this point I think I'm getting a pretty good handle on it if I can keep up the momentum.

Have a super Quilting Day.

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

ls2116:

I finally worked on baby quilt.  I did stitch in ditch to anchor .  I might do a medallion fmq in center of white blocks.  Whats your suggestion? ... The stair step diagonal is throwing me a curve ball but at least I made alittle progress today.  It really looks bland and washed out but any suggestions I appreciate.

This really a sweet soft baby quilt and I think you are smart to add a bit of design to the quilting, how about using a brighter color for the quilt thread to add some spice, just saying. I love it and think babies need calmness. :o)

xoxoxo,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:46 AM | Locked

Agnes, I love them both, the one on your wall and the one you are working on. You mix together colors that I'm not brave enough to do and it all turns out great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:52 AM | Locked

Mary your stars are beautiful. How big is your quilt going to be? 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Karla your three baby quilts are beautiful. Likewise I love the pinwheel the best and would like to know where you got that pattern?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

Is2116, that is a very soft cuddly baby quilt. I love it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:12 AM | Locked

MMM I love your bold colors. I just can't wait to see it all quilted.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks MaggieNae.  I do have the templates from EQ7. My problem is putting them together without having to do the dreaded Y seams. Deb Tucker has a Rapid Fire method but it requires her ruler. I watched her video and it does make making the star look fairly easy. Just cut strips, sew them together and use her ruler for cutting. No Y seams. But I'm trying to avoid yet another ruler that I rarely use.

I could make the star and simply applique it down to a backing. Kind of the cowards way out. LOL

Judy, join them this way!

Join 1 to 2, and 3 to 2 make 2,join at seam 3-3 & 2 -2 making block 1, then make 4 and join as in a 4-block no Y seams.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Angele:

MMM I love your bold colors. I just can't wait to see it all quilted.

Thank you Angele!

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Here's the bright (not calm) baby quilt delivered to Baby Momma. But the back is mild penguins. Baby can be on that side for calmness.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:41 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Does anyone have any suggestions for making one that doesn't use the ruler? For example, here is a block from EQ7.  Love EQ but it doesn't give piecing instructions. I can print the templates but that doesn't help me in constructing the block.

EDIT: Oops, a day late and a dollar short. Ms Moon Mist explained my method. Should have read all the posts before I answered.

I don't have the specialized rulers but have made this in various sizes. The corner background pieces are just right angled triangles that we use regularly in quilts. . To make it simple, look at this pattern as four identical quadrants. You piece the diamond with the two triangles attached, one on either side.  You will have four in one configuration, four in the other. Sew the opposite pairs together. Now you are back to a four patch. If this doesn't make sense. Shout. I'll try to think of another way to describe it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Angele:
You mix together colors that I'm not brave enough to do and it all turns out great.

Thanks to you and all others that commented on these two items.

I'm known to trod where fools wouldn't go. If it looks or feels right, that gut instinct, I plunge in before I have time to second guess. The only fabric, on the WIP,  not from the same fabric line is the black. I always loved my Grandmother's flower gardens. The plants grew where the seeds had fallen. It was a truly one of a kind bed. She tended the flowers, never worried about arrangement. That's how I dealt with the Floral Windows. All I watched was that I didn't have two the same prints in each 17" block, which I managed in the 20 blocks for the main quilt. This one, from the leftovers, didn't quite work out that way.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 211 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 209 210 211 212 213 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use