Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 209 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:53 AM | Locked

Karla, your guilts are beautiful ,good job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,059
gini replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 2:39 AM | Locked

hi mary, it's good to have you on here again.   your star looks great

karla, you've made some beautiful quilts. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Karla, I like your quilts, but I am in love with the pinwheel one.  I would like to make one similar for the new GGB that is coming in Feb.  Don't know if I could complete it by then though, but I'd like to try.   Where did you find the pattern, if you don't mind me asking.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:33 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Karla:

I especially love these colorful pinwheels, Karla!  Can I ask what pattern this is?

The pattern is called Pinwheel Paradise, designed by Laura Coons.  I found it in a book called Jelly Roll Dreams, compiled by Pam & Nicky Lintott.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Karla, I like your quilts, but I am in love with the pinwheel one.  I would like to make one similar for the new GGB that is coming in Feb.  Don't know if I could complete it by then though, but I'd like to try.   Where did you find the pattern, if you don't mind me asking.      Ginny

The pattern is called Pinwheel Paradise, designed by Laura Coons.  I found it in a book called Jelly Roll Dreams, compiled by Pam & Nicky Lintott.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Love the fabrics too....

been lurking lately as a lot of life issues have been going on....

Love all the work and am soooo inspired by you all.

I have a quilt retreat to look forward to this mo. and am thinking of LeMoyn stars! How fitting, eh?

Also I got an incredible deal on a Grace aluminum quilting frame WITH Janome 1600p and regulator and am having fun learning on it. Just too busy and too much fun.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

Mary:
can't believe the points actually line up! 

Well they did and your stars are beautiful!  

Karla, your quilts are lovely!!! 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Pam:
Also I got an incredible deal on a Grace aluminum quilting frame WITH Janome 1600p and regulator and am having fun learning on it. Just too busy and too much fun.

What fun, have you finished a quilt on your frame yet?   

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

I did a lap quilt and discovered my machine ONLY likes Signature thread.....

I didn't do a very good job on it- it is for me for tv watching anyway!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Mary -- lovely star.  Will this be appliqued or pieced into the quilt top.  I can't imagine piecing into the angle of the stars, but know some do. And I love your siggy -- I hope that will be said of me when life ends.  I do not want to go out with a whimper but a glorious bang!

Karla -- great work on your quilts.  I really like the pinwheel/ ribbon one.  I'm leaning more and more to brights and bold these days. 

I'm still working on the mystery quilt and will hopefully get the rest pieced today.  I hit a small snag and had to re-cut a few pieces, but that's par for the course for me. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:06 PM | Locked

Pam:
I have a quilt retreat to look forward to this mo.

Pam, why aren't you joining us at the Oregon Coat Retreat in October?  I thought for sure you would sign up!  I think there are still two openings if you might be interested.  

Can you at least drop by for a visit? It would be so fun to meet you in person.   The QCA Retreats are so much fun!!! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

Whoa! I don't know how I missed that post!

Give me the links and details please!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

Pam:

Whoa! I don't know how I missed that post!

Give me the links and details please!

Go to Groups>QCA Retreats>2013 Oregon Coast, Beachcombers Haven, Oct 13-18

If you have not already joined, you may need to browse the Fons and Porter Groups, look for 'QCA Retreats' and then click on 'Join this Group'.  

Scroll back through the pages and ask questions if you can't find the answers.  Patti is the wagon master and will be more than happy to help you too.

I really hope you can join us!  We would love to have you...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:26 PM | Locked

Mary--your star looks great to me!  Love the colors, and I can't see any problems with it.

Karla--Your quilts are all wonderful, but the Pinwheels just grabs me. LOVE those colors! You did a wonderful job on all of them.

I have tried to work on a quilt today...I moved one stack of fabric-to-be-cut from one side of the table to the other...right next to the cutting mat.  At that point my hip said 'quit!".  I'm not surprised since I've really been annoying it the last two weeks doing housework...the bi-annual deep cleaning kind. Every two years or so I get concerned the health department will show up and condemn this mess. At that point I get out the shovel and hose and go to work. I've killed close to a thousand really BIG and aggressive dust bunnies, and they still keep coming. DH's audio room (ManCave) is the last room to work on...and boy oh boy it's scary in there!   And the worst part about it, I've been too tired and sore at the end of most days to sew!!!  But there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is the King of the Dust Bunnies waving a lantern.

Made a quick run by the grocery store this morning, and a longer trip to JoAnn's. They had a new ruler on sale that I just had to have, and a bag of batting at 50% off.  I'll try again this afternoon to cut that stack of fabric.

DH has decided he is tired of hearing me complain about how slow this computer is, and is taking it to the computer shop this evening to have it upgraded. Don't ask me what it will be upgraded to...I don't care, just as long as it works when they are done.  So I will probably not see you folks for a few days.  Please take care of yourselves, and try to stay out of trouble!

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 68
Points 2,755
Eva replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

Hello - I was thinking about starting a Double Wedding Band quilt.   Just for the challenge of it.  :)

Page 209 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use