Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 197 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

Oh dear.  Linda, I hope you feel better soon.  This is cold and flu season and some nasty stuff is circulating.  Get well soon.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 759
Points 11,380
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:51 PM | Locked

Linda-Sorry you are feeling bad, Get Well soon.

Nana-You have been very busy, getting all these tops done.

Joe-Sophie's quilt is very cute.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Marie:

Nana, your quilt is beautiful!  Boy, we're going to have a ball at your tent city retreat.  :  )

Marie

This one isn't a tent....LOL>   It is only about 70" square.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,937
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Nana - kept trying to get here to tell you - your latest quilt is gorgeous.  I truly like it and am glad it isn't a tent...teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:28 PM | Locked

Thanks Thea.  It was one of those quick projects that was perfect to take to a retreat.  However I didn't get it finished and then it just set for awhile.  Once quilted it will probably be a new loveseat quilt for naps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Nana, another pretty top. You are back in the swing of things.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:16 PM | Locked

Hi Gang,    I actually started getting some projects done.  Or at least close to being done.  Got one that only needs the binding hand sewn.  Pressed backing and quilt top to take to my guild meeting on Tuesday evening to give to my Long Armer (she's a member of our guild).  I told her I would wait til after Christmas because she was swamped.  Started quilting a Jelly Roll 1600 as well.  Feels good to finally getting some of these done and off the back of the door.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

WOW, Nana. You are just pumping out those quilt tops!  Just beautiful work. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

Joe LOL!  I won't see those new deductions till end of month.

Judy I LOVE your oriental fabric!  This will make a wonderful one block wonder.

Gini the fish quilt and the leaf quilt are just too cute! What a great idea for a fundraiser!

Joe I think Sophie will be a very happy princess when she gets to cuddle in that quilt.  Great job!

Nana that is a very nice quilt top. I love your color combination.

linda, I hopy you will get better before the trouble hits.  Cuddle in one of your quilts.  Big hugs!

As for my part, I haven't done as much as I wanted. I need to finish my last two wool appliqué blocks, and I did one hot pad that Thea gave me the pattern for in my bday surprise.

back at work today! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,037
Points 169,813
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

Nana, what happened, run out of fabric?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Jacy--hope you continue to improve rapidly. Maybe your doctor can give you a Rx for 'quilting daily' to relieve stress.

Joe--Sophie's quilt is so sweet! She will be so proud of it. Could you get away will quilting a horned toad in place of a heart in one of the blocks?  Just to give it an extra-special touch from Grandpa?

Linda--Stay warm and feel better soon!

Nana--Love how the Barn Raising pattern is offset!  Wonderful colors...some of my favorites.

Not much quilting yesterday or today. Been cleaning. The dust bunnies were getting out of hand and starting to take over. Hate it when they start snarling and growling and trying to trip you. Plus I wanted to move some of my fabrics upstairs, out of the basement, into a cabinet in my sewing room. Stairs are becoming less and less my friends. But I had the cabinet full of 'other stuff' so it had to be cleaned out first. The ladies at the local prison do crocheting and knitting projects. DH took three medium size trash bags full of yarn to them today. That made a big dent in the cabinet space!  And it take away the temptation to crochet.  I'll continue to work on the cabinet cleaning today. Then the shelves that go around two side of the sewing room await their turn at cleaning/clearing out. That's what I hate about cleaning....one spot leads to another and that leads to another and pretty soon the whole house wants cleaning. There's no end to it!

Anyhow, I did some test stars day before yesterday, and I picked some additional colors today, so I'm counting that as working on a quilt today. Planning is half the battle. What I like best is these stars are done from jellyrolls. Really saving my hands a lot of cutting. And no HSTs!!

Ya'll have a quilty day!  I need to go kill a couple of more dust bunnies.  Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Max

Very pretty stars.  Love that they can be made from jelly rolls.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

cute quilt,  joe

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

nana, i can see other things besides your quilt, it doesn't fill up your camera screen.   is this just the first block?  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

nana, i can see other things besides your quilt, it doesn't fill up your camera screen.   is this just the first block?  

*#$@%   ^&%#!*   *&%?**   my last three posts are pending moderation, grrrr. so much for them fixing the site.    i thought i could tag onto another post, i'll see if it works.    

max, i like your stars

and wasn't that just weird, instead of adding an edit, it made it a whole new post, 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 197 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use