Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 187 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 185 186 187 188 189 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

Did I work on a quilt today? Well I got my UFO ready so I can work on it tomorrow. That way I might get more than three done this year. After supper I hope to work on hot pads and walk on the treadmill.  Hmmm I gotta start at some point, right?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Joe you are a hoot!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

MM, very nice work, can't wait to see this finished!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:49 PM | Locked

Patty Mc, what a beauty your star quilt is, such beautiful fabric as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:22 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
I finished up 2 blocks for the Vintage Tin Quilt that I started the end of November.

Great job on the blocks! I'm also doing Vintage Tin but only have the car/trailer/bridge block finished. Rather than do Route 66 I'm changing it to HWY 99 for our local area.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Today I cut the pieces through step 4 of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt.  Still only about 1/3 of the way through step 2, but I am getting there.  Amy's BOM starts tomorrow,  Here I go again too many irons in the fire.  Oh Well,  time to take the babyback ribs off the grill for dinner.  Happy New Year everyone

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

It sounds like everyone is busy for the new year. I sure hope that I can figure out a way to do some quilting. It is not going to be easy with my sewing room being used as a bedroom again and I'm not sure about them leaving my things alone if I get it out. We will have to see, pray for me :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:33 PM | Locked

Spud I'm sure you'll make it work, prayers that you do.  Any space in your BR?  Just take your time, you will get there.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:17 PM | Locked

Bonita, I've been waiting and waiting to see your quilt with "my" fabrics!  LOL  It's beautiful, and now I wish I had stayed with those.  I truly believe the road to success with a mystery quilt is using one fabric line.  I love your border variation, too!  Good job!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,685
Points 66,015
Bonita replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:19 PM | Locked

Thanks Nancy, I wanted to get it done just for you. LOL I felt bad that you didn't go ahead and use yours. I saw the border on another quilt but now don't remember  where. She used just one color squares, but we had all the left overs and wanted to use them up. I still have a few left, I'm thinking about making four patches and puting them on the back some how.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:38 AM | Locked

Leslie, Barbara, and Kris--Thank you for your kind words!

Bonita--Your MQ7 is so pretty...makes me think of a Spring garden in full bloom!

Kris--you didn't list the HP quilt in your list of projects. Have you given up on it?  School work is most important so please study hard!

Angele--thank you for your kind words and offer to do bindings! You're so sweet! I finally started doing bindings by machine several months ago. It took a few quilts before I got comfortable with doing them that way. Since I know my lap quilts will get a lot of washing and handling I really feel the machine stitching adds to their durability. 

Joe--hope you can get back to your lizards and manly monsters soon. Maybe you could do pink lizards for the girls in you family?

I did work on a quilt today.  I got the binding for another lap quilt done this afternoon. I put some random pieces of scraps from the quilt top together, and have the binding stitched to the top. All ready to turn it to the back tomorrow and stitch it down.  Maybe it will stop s**wing long enough to take a picture of it before it goes in the washer. If not, then I'll take a crinkly picture after.

Must be midnight...fireworks going off all over the place (at least I hope they are fireworks!).

Max 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:39 AM | Locked

Donna:

Today I cut the pieces through step 4 of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt.  Still only about 1/3 of the way through step 2, but I am getting there.  Amy's BOM starts tomorrow,  Here I go again too many irons in the fire.  Oh Well,  time to take the babyback ribs off the grill for dinner.  Happy New Year everyone

Hey Donna,

join us in the scrap happy group. Post your photos.

We'll be doing the New Year mystery too (some of us anyway). This one is a one day event but may take a few days; weeks even.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:43 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
I finished up 2 blocks for the Vintage Tin Quilt that I started the end of November.

Looks good. Very nice work.

I want to make this one for DH but I, like Judy, want to customise it to suit him... Or maybe I'll make something else.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:44 AM | Locked

Joe:
I have finished piecing the blocks and am now assembling Sophie's quilt, a nine-patch pink. Gonna have to get back to lizards and monsters to remember who I am after all this pink baby stuff.

Joe:
I look to see her at her working place but haven't yet. Could advise her say hi if sees a fat old geezer limping on a cane, but then she would have to say Hi Joe five hundred times a day, and maybe not get the right geezer.

Joe:
I might say: an all white beauty, very elegant to be used as a daytime cover, not for everyday sweating and snoring.

Or one of those memory or whatevevers, where people write stuff.

Or something blending their tastes, or indicative of their shared futures. Will they be alternative clamdiggers, living on a raft? Will the move to the great north woods and pursue Moose Management? These things could be great quilt material.

Joe,

you have the best sense of humour. I love it. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

I worked on my center block for the round robin 3. I'm really looking forward to this quilt. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 187 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 185 186 187 188 189 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use