Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 183 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 181 182 183 184 185 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915
Pat Badder replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:10 PM | Locked

deleted double posted

Pat B

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915
Pat Badder replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:10 PM | Locked

Kelley:

Mimi:
I'm going to have to find that Eleanor Burns book

Mimi.. It would be fun if you and others make one too.. I would love to see the variations of colors and blocks

I just ordered her book from Amazon.  Love the block.   I paid about $18.00 for it.

Pat B

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

I have been plugging away at the two lap quilts that need to ship by the end of the year.  Did I cut it close enough?  The last one is in the dryer as I type.  Whew!  I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to make it.  Finished up the last little bit of handwork wearing braces on both hands. Getting old (and worn out) is such a pain in the ...well, various body parts.

The sun sort of popped out for an hour or so this morning so I was able to take some pics before they when into the washing machine.  Both of these lap quilts are 50 inches square, and the patterns are combinations of inspirations from several different blogs.  They are being donated to an Alzheimer's Research Group at UCLA-San Diego, that has a special program starting in 2013 for Vietnam era veteran's suffering from Alzheimer's and who have had traumatic head injuries or PTSD. Neat program, and of course the Vietnam vets are near and dear to my heart.

First is Mod Flag, the second pic is the backing of Mod Flag.

Second is Starz, followed by the backing for Starz.

I have one more lap quilt that is ready for the binding. It will go to the same research group, but won't be for the veteran's program.  I am going to have to let my hands rest for a few days before I tackle the binding on it.  Will share it when it is finished.

Hope everyone is getting lots of good quilting time in and finishes the year with lots of completed UFOs.

Max

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:24 PM | Locked

Kelley:

and the block is a day and night technique I always wanted to try..

Kelley, good fabric choices and your points turned out great!  I have E.Burns Day & Night book, too, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.  Is if fairly easy?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

Kelley - thanks for the link.  The day and night block on Quilter's Cache is paper pieced and I am not a fan of PP.

Max -- wonderful quilts.  I love the back with the airplanes.  That makes it truly a doublesided quilt. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

Max,  those are fantastic.  Very nice work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Kelley:
I bought the day and night book and it came with template for cutting strips, making it very easy for me to match up seams.

After reading Nana and Leslie's comments, this is good to hear.  I have the template, too.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:33 PM | Locked

I especially love your flag quilt, Max!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Nana, your round robin center is a "one-block wonder," isn't  it?  It will be interesting to see it again after the other gals have added their rows!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,615
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:36 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Hope everyone is getting lots of good quilting time in and finishes the year with lots of completed UFOs

Max, great quilts. I especially like Starz. Beautiful.

As far as completed UFO's? Nope, I keep starting something new. BUT, I am DETERMINED to finish at least one in the next week. It it is for a good friend and I want her to have it before February comes around. I'll name it "February Comfort". She's lost a husband and a couple close loved ones in the month of February and it's always a difficult time for her.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,615
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:37 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Kelley, good fabric choices and your points turned out great!  I have E.Burns Day & Night book, too, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.  Is if fairly easy?

I saw Eleanor demonstrate this block at Sew Expo a few years ago. It looked very easy but I haven't tried it myself.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Nana, I don't know if this is the one Kelly has but I have one by Eleanor Burns and it came with a template. Haven't used mine yet. Ordered it from Amazon.

Bonita, I purchased this book also with the templates and also haven't used it.  I purchased mine from one of her sites.  Right now I am buried in Mystery quilts and wheelchair quilts, but when I get those tamed, I plan to dig out the book and make one.  I did the one for the Farmer's Wife Quilt and decided her method was much easier (at least it looks as if it is) and also is BIGGER to handle.  I did my FW block by hand and wouldn't like to try it so small on the sewing machine.  My machine EATS points.

Kelley, Your block is beautiful - - love how your snowman is hanging from the "frame" - - Your baseball quilt is simple and ideal for a man or boy.

Nana, Love your center for your round robin quilt.

Nancy, your purchases are beautiful, especially the center print (my colors).  I almost bought that pattern and still may.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I have E.Burns Day & Night book, too, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.  Is if fairly easy?

It is very easy this way.. You should give it a try...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Max, beautiful quilts. When I first looked at the back of the first one I thought you had done a heck of a job of quilting, but looked closer and it's the print on the fabric. LOL Still a heck of a job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,342
Points 38,935
Mimi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:
I just ordered her book from Amazon.  Love the block.   I paid about $18.00 for it.

Ooooh, Pat B., are you trying to enable me a bit?  LOL   I'm going to Amazon tonight.

Page 183 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 181 182 183 184 185 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use