Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 179 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,086
Points 16,660
weezee56 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Carolyn :

weezee56:

Carolyn :
I made this new purse for myself
 Great purse, was it hard to make?

I didn't think so.  Instructions were clear with lots of pictures.  I only got confused once, which is good for me.  :). I finished in a day and I was also running errands and doing laundry.

Where could I get the pattern from? I do most of my shopping from Joann's and they don't have it, I looked already. Thank you, if not much trouble.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605
Brigit-Carol replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Karla - love your MQ -- wonderful colour choices.  Carolyn -- your purse is so sophisticated looking - love it.  Bev - like others said, I'd keep your Santa block, either as a focal for another project or perhaps wait and see if he plays well with the other red colour in your quilt.  I've probably missed someone but this thread is running fast today -- love all I've seen. 

Donna:

finally getting back to the Bonnie Hunter MQ.  Halfway through step 1.  lol

Well, I"m not too far ahead of you!  I finished half of step one, about a third of step two and have step three cut out!  And I was determined not to get behind in this one!  Ah well, life just took over.  But I like what I'm seeing so far and will keep plodding along. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:55 PM | Locked

weezee56:

Carolyn :

weezee56:

Carolyn :
I made this new purse for myself
 Great purse, was it hard to make?

I didn't think so.  Instructions were clear with lots of pictures.  I only got confused once, which is good for me.  :). I finished in a day and I was also running errands and doing laundry.

Where could I get the pattern from? I do most of my shopping from Joann's and they don't have it, I looked already. Thank you, if not much trouble.

This is my local quilt shop, which also has an online store..  http://wishuponaquilt.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=4599070.IP66.57.91.143IP.25362.s0&product=Patterns&productid=lgd130&keywords1=Candice&sales=0&lastmenu=

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,086
Points 16,660
weezee56 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:50 PM | Locked

Carolyn thank you for the web address.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,086
Points 16,660
weezee56 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:50 PM | Locked

Carolyn thank you for the web address.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:19 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, I am not sure if you got my response to where you can get free sewing manuals for the Featherweights. Website is:  thefeatherweight221factory.com , then go to free Sewing Manuals on their menu. its on the left of the menu.   

They have all the manuals there, service, sewing, etc. 

Michelle

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

Two girlfriends and I had a marvelous day at central Minnesota's largest quilt shop yesterday. The store had an invitation-only year-end sale.  Anyone who turned in a completed punch card during 2012 was invited to come between Christmas and New Year's for 30% off any yardage cut from bolts (no patterns, notion, precuts).  I received one of the invites, so I grabbed my BQB (best quilting buddy) Terri and a complete newbie, Luann, and off we drove 90 miles south to St. Cloud to save some money!  LOL

We each had a project in mind which is nice when you're at a very big store otherwise it gets a little overwhelming, especially for a newbie.  I am making a queen size quilt for the guest bedroom, and I had a focal fabric from my stash that I was hoping to find six coordinating fabrics for.  I actually had two other stash fabrics that did already coordinate, but once I started shopping, they were rejected in favor of some other pretty fabrics that I found.  

BQB Terri was looking for fabric for a queen size double wedding ring that she is making for her daughter's upcoming second marriage.  I purchased Flynn's DWR templates and workbook for Terri for Christmas when she told me that that's what she hoped to make.

And newbie Luann, who purchased quilt lessons from a silent-auction fundraiser at church, found a delightful baby quilt pattern in Easy Quilts that she was purchasing fabric for.  I offered the quilt lessons, so lesson #1 was held at my house browsing through my collection of magazines discussing pros and cons of various patterns.  Lesson #2 was the shopping trip discussing various elements of fabric selection.  Lesson #3 will be on cutting, and I think we should do it at her house because my cutting table is probably much too tall for petite Luann and because I want to look over her sewing machine and see if she has a 1/4 inch foot.  I'll loan her my cutting notions - I'm advising her not to purchase much in the way of tools until she's sure she's going to enjoy quilting.

I think the three of us are going to have some fun sewing days in January!

Here are my fabrics.  I forgot to ask the other gals if I could get a picture of theirs.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

Nancy, what FUN! I'm surprised you managed to stick to just seven fabrics. Having a plan going in was a smart thing to do. Beautiful fabrics and I love the pattern.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

what a fun day, nancy.  i love that pattern and the fabrics you chose are gong to go great with it. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:10 PM | Locked

A quilters dream day, Nancy. Must be what that amounted to. Fun.  The fabrics you got a totally mouthwatering. What pattern will you use? Is it your own design? Whatever it is, with those fabrics, it will be a stunner.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:43 PM | Locked

Nancy

Sounds like you guys had a great day.  Beautiful fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

Nancy,

just purchased very similar colors from Connecting Threads. Was alittle nervous spending so much online but they came and re prettier than online. And fantastic prices!

cant wait to seeyour quilt.

nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,308
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:51 PM | Locked

Very pretty fabrics Nancy, enjoy your project.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:32 PM | Locked

Went to LQS yesterday and got backing at half off.  This is to finish my UFO next week.  It was so nice.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 2:18 PM | Locked

Great find Angele, don't you just love fabric sales!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 179 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use