Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 174 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,074
gini replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

angele, you haven't gotten the bobbin in just so, or you have missed something with the threading.  if it sewed before,  you are probably missing some minor detail. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

Angele:
 I bought a used white that weighs a ton and it won't sew.  I'm actually annoyed that I believed and bought it sight unseen as it had just been serviced.  The motor purrs like a baby but its not picking the thread at the bottom.  It did before,  hmmmm I just was taken for a ride I guess.

Angele, do you have a manual?  I have my mother's white, although it hasn't been used for many years, but it worked fine then.  She purchased it in the mid '50's.  I lost the manual for a while, and then found it again this year.  Before that I looked for one on line, but never did find the correct one.  If you pm me and send me your address, I can copy it and mail it to you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:58 AM | Locked

Here is a picture of the machine, and the manual.  They are a very heavy machine.  Mine is in a cabinet.  Feels like it is made of cast iron. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Agnes, your friendship block is beautiful. I love your quilting.Is that in 2 different thread colors?

Your vision of it in blue and white with some bluework snowmen embroidery I have pictured in my head so if you make this please post picure.

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:13 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Agnes:
Then a quick facing on the back so I didn't have to deal with all the angles while binding.

Agnes, this is so pretty... I love it!  

But, I am really intrigued by the way you do the facings on your small pieces.  Would you be willing to do a step-by-step tutorial?  Maybe after the holidays are over?  I would love to learn how to do this and  I am sure others would love to see your technique too!

Have a very Merry Christmas...

Ditto on that from me!! I love all of your tips I have seen posted here.

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

Kris, I remember you showing a picture of you working on the blocks when you all were in Leavenworth. Now that I have seen your completed project it makes me "think"

about adding redwork to a list of things I would like to try. I love the backing and your label just makes me smile it is so cute.

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

I love Seminole decorations.  Plan to do some pillow cases and maybe an accent pillow this year with that pattern.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 2:57 PM | Locked

Patti:

Angele:
 I bought a used white that weighs a ton and it won't sew.  I'm actually annoyed that I believed and bought it sight unseen as it had just been serviced.  The motor purrs like a baby but its not picking the thread at the bottom.  It did before,  hmmmm I just was taken for a ride I guess.

Angele, do you have a manual?  I have my mother's white, although it hasn't been used for many years, but it worked fine then.  She purchased it in the mid '50's.  I lost the manual for a while, and then found it again this year.  Before that I looked for one on line, but never did find the correct one.  If you pm me and send me your address, I can copy it and mail it to you.

Last year I downloaded a White manual and still have it as a pdf file.  I'll check when I get home for you to see what model it is.  If it's what you need I'll be happy to email it to you :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Patti:

Angele:

Last year I downloaded a White manual and still have it as a pdf file.  I'll check when I get home for you to see what model it is.  If it's what you need I'll be happy to email it to you :o)

The manual is for a White model 764.  If you'd like me to email it to you, send me a PM.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:18 PM | Locked

working on a Craftsy class sample.. without the snap hoop, its hard to line up endless embroidery...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:24 PM | Locked

Bev :
I love your quilting.Is that in 2 different thread colors?

I am still having a tension issue with my quilting so as a result I use the same color in the bobbin as on top. The green sections are quilted with green, the maroon with maroon. I also much prefer the quilting accenting the piecing rather than overall of some nature to just hold it together.

As far as the blue and white it would be similar idea to this hanging which I did this past winter just with square where the white triangles are.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

Kelly, your quilting is great, good work!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Agnes I love your wall hanging, very nice!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 7:07 PM | Locked

Agnes , those colors will be beautiful and are what I had pictured. Will be looking forward to seeing the next one. I am just going to have to quit knitting/crocheting and try red/blue work. I just need to find an easy pattern to start on and watch a few videos on YouTube if there are any.

Thanks for sharing!

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 7:43 PM | Locked

Bev :
Will be looking forward to seeing the next one.

After spending today straightening out and labeling all my project bins which led to some fabric ordering it will be quite a while before this one will be in start position. Then with the ordering I did there is a possibility that there may be a purple topper before a blue and white one. So no actual sewing today just the realization that there are more projects lurking than I remembered and all raring to go tomorrow.

Page 174 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use