Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 172 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 170 171 172 173 174 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 5:01 AM | Locked

Merry Christmas All!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,210
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Ohhhh Sukochi, I am so sorry. Did you go to emerg to see how bad it was? Here's to hoping you get all the feeling back.

Merry Christmas.to you and DH.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,210
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

,erry Chrystmas to all QCA friends and their family.  Wishing you peace, love, health, time for quilting and a great stash for 2013 and the years to come!

{{{{BIG QUILTY HUGS}}}}}

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,505
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

• I hope all my friends here at QCA are having a wonderful Christmas.  I bought myself a singer featherweight., born Oct. 1948.  Thanks to Nana for letting me play with hers in Leavenworth.  As she would not let me take hers home I had to buy on myself.  Got it really cheap as they said it would not make a stitch, the feed dogs did not advance fabric and it was not level.  Bought a service manual, feet for the bottom serviced it myself today and it runs GREAT!!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:14 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:

• I hope all my friends here at QCA are having a wonderful Christmas.  I bought myself a singer featherweight., born Oct. 1948.  Thanks to Nana for letting me play with hers in Leavenworth.  As she would not let me take hers home I had to buy on myself.  Got it really cheap as they said it would not make a stitch, the feed dogs did not advance fabric and it was not level.  Bought a service manual, feet for the bottom serviced it myself today and it runs GREAT!!!!

Elizabeth, that is GREAT! You should be very proud of yourself. I would love a featherweight. The cheapest I found was on our local Craigslist for $250 with everything included and saying it's in perfect condition. But I've never been able to reach the people. The ad keeps reappearing since September so I don't know what the deal is. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,142
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

Lovely machine Elizabeth. WTG on getting it running again.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,290
Points 29,150
Agnes replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 3:13 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Bought a service manual, feet for the bottom serviced it myself today and it runs GREAT!!!!

Lucky you. Congratulations on the new to you machine. Looks very nice. Being able to service the non-computerized machines is such a bonus in my books. I have an industrial Singer that I gave a jolt while moving. I actually found a service manual on line that I could save. Then printed it and got it all set up again. In fact, with this needed adjustment there is a small misalignment that was an annoyance from day 1 that went away. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

Donna, you sure have been busy, pretty purple MQ7. Nice work on the BOM, and the stockings.

Elizabeth, cute apron and WTG on your Featherweight.

Nan, glad to see you're back in saddle again. love the panel and the mug rugs.

Donna B, pretty apron and love the gussied up towels.

Agnes, beautiful TT in those colors. Interesting  how you did the facing.

Kris, love the red work and the quilting is perfect for those blocks.

Thea love all your things. Looks like you wore your helper out.

I know I must have missed someone and I'm sorry for that, but know I looked at them all and enjoyed your talent.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:18 PM | Locked

Thank you all and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 55
Annette Ackley replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

Congratulations on getting a feather weight.  I have one and use it all the time.  I named mine: Helen, after my Grandmother.  My machine was born in 1957.  My husband got my machine off of Ebay.  It was in mint condition.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 9:51 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Got it really cheap as they said it would not make a stitch, the feed dogs did not advance fabric and it was not level.  Bought a service manual, feet for the bottom serviced it myself today and it runs GREAT!!!!

Elizabeth, where did you locate a service manual?  Was it fairly easy to fix?  This is good information because I've been watching the featherweights on eBay.  I could have picked up one today for $160, but it said it ran "sluggish."  In fact, I've noticed that adjective used on several of the listings.  Has anyone here run into that, and does it improve after having the machine serviced?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 10:04 PM | Locked

I also would like to know where to get a singer service manual. I was given a Singer Spartan sewing machine similar to the featherweight but heavier and am thinking the mechanics of machines may be the same. I would love to be able to get it running myself.

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 10:35 PM | Locked

I have a singer featherweight I've rarely used because I'm scared I'll have it breakdown.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,290
Points 29,150
Agnes replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 10:44 PM | Locked

Bev :
I also would like to know where to get a singer service manual.

Sorry I can't give you the site. I found mine by Goggling Singer Name (of my machine) Service Manual. It popped up under a site that looked like they had perhaps just imported the manual from some other site and were charging $5 for the download. The whole manual was on site just not in quick downloadable form. I found a much more complete owners manual, than it came with, for it on the Singer site. Hope you have luck finding a manual for your machine.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 11:46 PM | Locked

Elizabeth - beautiful machine. Ditto what the others have said, kudos to you for fixing it yourself.

I am curious though, I have a lovely black and gold singer, with lots of attachements, in a cabinet that I picked up at a garage sale about 15 years ago for $20. I have only used it for decoration, although it does work, I tested it when I got it. The lady said it was her mother's old machine. Where would I find the date? I think I have looked at it a couple of times and can not find any dates.

Different topic, finished another quilt yesterday. My daughter liked the Double Irish Chain football theme quilt I did for a friend so much she requested I make a twin size one for her soon to be husband using Notre Dame colors for couch lounging. Done with football quilts for a while. My daughter's twins are due in the spring and I have to start on the baby quilts and nursery sets. I have also joined the UFO group and have been trying to find all my UFO's and get the before pictures taken of current quilt status, and make a list. I'm up to 12 that I have found and identified so far. Yikes! I guess that is what 25+ years of quilting will do.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and safe holiday travels.  

• | Post Points: 35
Page 172 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 170 171 172 173 174 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use