Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 170 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:15 AM | Locked

I am working on little projects. Will just share one this morning.

The Double Friendship Star block, up-sized to make a table topper. All fabrics are CT batiks. Then a quick facing on the back so I didn't have to deal with all the angles while binding.

These colors are the closest I get to traditional Christmas reds and greens. I prefer seasonal decorating to specific holidays. I'd like to make a larger one to cover more of the table. I can envision it in blue and white with some bluework snowmen embroidery.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Then a quick facing on the back so I didn't have to deal with all the angles while binding.

Agnes, this is so pretty... I love it!  

But, I am really intrigued by the way you do the facings on your small pieces.  Would you be willing to do a step-by-step tutorial?  Maybe after the holidays are over?  I would love to learn how to do this and  I am sure others would love to see your technique too!

Have a very Merry Christmas...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

Agnes

I love your table topper.  Those are great colors.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

Yes Agnes,  I would be interested also.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

So would I, agnes. Hese are beautiful. The colors just look so rich.

Won't be going near fabric today. Was slicing bread with my very sharp bread knife, (see wherre this is going?), and got the top of my pointy finger on my left hand, right across the first knuckle. I bleed more then most and has been a bear to get it stopped. Have a good pressure bandage on there now. But. must have cut a nerve cause there is no feeling in the finger tip.  Ratz.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi.

The feeling will probably return once you can take the bandage off.  It doesn't take much pressure for the tip of the finger to go numb.   Sorry you had such a mishap.  I always seem to be cutting myself with knives.  Maybe we both should stay away from all sharp objects except our rotary cutters.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Donna B:
But, I am really intrigued by the way you do the facings on your small pieces.  Would you be willing to do a step-by-step tutorial?  Maybe after the holidays are over?  I would love to learn how to do this and  I am sure others would love to see your technique too!

Donna, Thanks. I can work up a tutorial. I did this a little bit differently than I have done it previously, I plan to make some more of these toppers in different sizes. For another quilt group I have to write up the instruction so first major project in 2013 will be this project.

This would be a suitable project for those of you thinking about the Christmas all year long partners. This particular mat happens to be a 2013 Christmas present.

Thought I might share this little tidbit from another quilting group.

SEW IT’S THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

It’s the night before Christmas and all through the house

Pattern, threads and remnants were strewn all about.

While I in my sewing room, my machine in overdrive

Tried to finish off my presents and still come out alive.

My intentions were good and thought out with care

But I shopped for my projects too late and was caught unaware.

Sew, heed my warning and learn from my mistake.

Shop early for your projects and you won’t be late!

Sew a Merry Christmas to All

And to All, Happy Stitching.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:20 PM | Locked

"Winter Wonderland" is complete, delivered and well received.

Front:

For the back I used some snowman fabric I bought last year and really didn't know if I'd ever use it. It was perfect for this:

The label:

A little closeup of the quilting. The snowman panels were done in an all over meander and the blocks have random snowflakes, feathers, stars and swirls:

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:29 PM | Locked

Agnes:
The Double Friendship Star block, up-sized to make a table topper. All fabrics are CT batiks. Then a quick facing on the back so I didn't have to deal with all the angles while binding.

I love it Agnes.

BTW Joe, this is the block, in my quilt, you asked about earlier.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:42 PM | Locked

Okay - I have been a busy bee - working away with Barbara - talking and listening to the NCIS marathon programs today...teehee... Just some pictures of what I have accomplished...

I started this quilt about a year and a half ago - it was in a project box - with the pattern but when I looked the last 2 pages of the pattern were missing - so after I had satin stitched all the applique down this week I had to figure out how to do the borders - luckily I had most of the pieces cut - I just had to change the last borders a little bit as that long piece in the borders - that was all I could find of it... so had to make a few more pinwheel blocks...

I finished up my Craftsy BOM project from last year by sewing on the final border today - the inner blocks look so pale in the photo but in reality they don't look that light - I will scallop the outside border after it is quilted...

And finally today I made some Smarty pants for my new Grand son to be born in April...

But I would be really amiss if I didn't show my helper this week when I was free motion quilting Rita's quilt - which is done and all ready to give to her...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

Agnes ,very pretty table toppers .Love the colors. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:54 PM | Locked

Kris very pretty I'm sure your friend will love it .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:07 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:

I completed my "WInter Wonderland" top. I'm off to bed now but will begin quilting it later when I'm back on this side of the world.

I took a photo but the lighting was poor so the colours are off. Will get a better photo after it's quilted (and I have daylight):

Kris, this is wonderful! Sorry I'm so slow to respond !  But, WOW!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

I'm working on a tote but just had to share what a non-quilter friend shared with me.

For more about this artist go to:

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/simon-beck-snow-art

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

Thea:
Just some pictures of what I have accomplished...

Nice work Thea.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 170 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use