Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 165 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Kris this is fantastic,  I love it .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

Kris, I love your quilt! That is so beautiful. Makes me want to try red work. .  

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Kris,

WOW!  It's a stunning quilt!  Love it!   I know you will do something amazing with the quilting.

Hope you get some sleep soon. 

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Kris,

I thought it was beautiful, when you showed photos at the retreat, and its really stunning is this a gift or is it for you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Leslie,

Somehow I missed seeing your wall hanging. I finally found it this morning, and it is adorable! Great job!

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

I like the red and what do you call this one? some name of pinwheel or fly foot?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:17 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:

I think I speak for both of us when I say we are VERY excited about this wall hanging!!  The seed was planted back in March and now it is ready to go to its new home! PennyWyo and I collaborated on "Mistral" by Toni Whitney.  She started off in New Hampshire as a kit from Keepsake Quilting, stopped in southwest Texas for a bit to be appliqued then headed up to Wyoming for the quilting and now is back in southwest Texas where she will live once she is delivered to her new owner either this weekend or next.  This is one tired horse!!  She'll be living with that friend I did all the curtains and pillows for earlier this year who is a personal favorite of both of ours and she is the reason that we know each other!  I'll post some close-ups in my gallery.  My part was cut and paste and follow the directions... Penny did the skilled labor and did a fabulous job, as usual!  I think we make a good team!  Here's Mistral...

Mistral was well received.  Here's the happy new owner:

Penny was on the phone with her during the unwrapping so she got to hear the excitement first hand and that was a blessing in itself.  I just love looking at this picture.  :o) 

That's my MQ7 on the wall in the background.  HOPEfully I'll finish it today and get it posted with all the rest.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

I'm trying to make the Heavenly Light quilt from the latest McCall;s Qulting before Christmas. It took me 3 days tomake all the pieces and I've finally got 5 blocks of 49 put together. Problem was I caught a virus this week. And the past 6 weeks fighting asthma and sinus. I keep plugging away between naps hoping and praying that I at least get the top done before Christmas. I've always wanted to have a couple Christmas quilts and there are 2 more I'd like to make. One is Over the River by Crabapple Hill. I've had the pattern and materials for 2 years. I need to start it right after Christmas because there are 2 large panels to be hand embroidered. Right now I want to concentrate on the Heavenly Light quilt. Someone please shoot some energy my way so I can get this done before Christmas...I'm running out of time!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:25 AM | Locked

Kris:
I took a photo but the lighting was poor so the colours are off. Will get a better photo after it's quilted (and I have daylight):

Oh my gosh, Kris. This is just gorgeous. You are so talented. This picture is wonderful as it is. I cannot believe how beautiful it is. I would not let anyone touch it after it was finished for fear someone would ruin it. Wow, wow, wow.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,780
Flo replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:29 AM | Locked

Just finished the story of creation on a quilt for my brands new granddaughter. Also working on a nine patch that is set on point made out of tiffany stained glass prints.  All my quilts are hand done so they take awhile to finish. I will have my husband help me post pictures of them .  I am not so good on computer.....but I am learning.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,115
Points 14,375
Dawn replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:36 AM | Locked

Wow!  A lot of eye candy to look at!!!  You have all done wonderful work!  I may try to quilt some more of Nolan's quilt, but w/what I suspect is yet another sinus infection it is hard to look down and quilt.  Poor DH had to sleep on the couch the other night due to my snoring.  I always get bad when I have a cold.  Guess I wasn't too bad last night as he was still there when I woke! LOL! 

Not sure how much snow we got w/our blizzard, DH thinks around 5 inches.  It is heavy and thick too.  Might venture out today, he needs new boots and I need to finish DD's Christmas gift, so I need to buy a couple more things for that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,341
Points 414,694
gini replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

your wonderland quilt turned out , well, wonderful.   nice work, kris. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,341
Points 414,694
gini replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

mistral is beautiful.  

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Are you entering a contest with this?  It looks awesome!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:59 PM | Locked

Kris:

I completed my "WInter Wonderland" top. I'm off to bed now but will begin quilting it later when I'm back on this side of the world.

I took a photo but the lighting was poor so the colours are off. Will get a better photo after it's quilted (and I have daylight):

Absolutely fabulous, Kris! I love it. I just knew Santa would bring me something wonderful! Thank you! LOL :P

xoxoxo,

Page 165 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use