Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 161 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:39 PM | Locked

Marie,

Thank you!

I peeked at your quilt Sunday afternoon when I visited with Barbara. Well, actually I drooled all over it!  Beautiful piecing, and you will love the quilting!

Max 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Welcome Qltr89!  Now that you know how to post please don't be a stranger!

Ginny,

Thank you!   I love 'different'!  It's just the way I am...about half a bubble off plumb.

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

Qltr89, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Belfrybat:

I love the baby quilt and the "Stars".  Really like the fact the stars are wonky.  At first I thought, "Oh I'd like to make one similar", then sanity took over.  I AM NOT starting any more quilts until the UFO's around here are tamed. 

Well, except last night when I couldn't sleep.  I made what I'm calling my "3 hour batik quilt".  It is a throw size -- 44 x 66" as it presently stands.  I'm trying to decide whether to add another border of batik or leave as is.  If I leave as is, do I bind with the black (which is a tone-on-tone) or bind with a batik?  Decisions, decisions.  But since I've decided this is a Christmas present, I need to finish by tomorrow. 

Are you saying it only took you 3 hours to make that quilt? If so share with me because that would take me a whole lot longer. I love that quilt! I think black binding would be a good finish frame for your quilt.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Marie,

Thank you!

I peeked at your quilt Sunday afternoon when I visited with Barbara. Well, actually I drooled all over it!  Beautiful piecing, and you will love the quilting!

Max 

Not fair I have to wait but wait I will because I know Barbara is doing a fantastic job on it.  Thank you for the complement on my piecing, I try my best.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,589
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Marie, you will be happy to know I just about, have all the quilting finished, I on the last border, I think it is coming out very nice ,I hope you will like it,I hope to have it finished this weekend . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:29 PM | Locked

Won't be on much the next few days. Just wanting to wish everyone a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2007134554829&source=jl999

Love and Hugs to all

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

Haven''t had time to read and catch up so I'm jumping in here instead of trying to go back and read everything.  I'll just say Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you all have an exceptional New Year.  I know I will. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:24 AM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I made what I'm calling my "3 hour batik quilt". 

It's lovely Birgit. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:30 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Haven''t had time to read and catch up so I'm jumping in here instead of trying to go back and read everything.  I'll just say Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you all have an exceptional New Year.  I know I will. 

Merry Christmas Vivian.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:31 AM | Locked

Ramona:

Won't be on much the next few days. Just wanting to wish everyone a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Merry Christmas Ramona. Thanks for the card.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Thanks Ramona! Have a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:07 AM | Locked

Thank you all for your kind comments on the batik throw.  I decided to leave it as is and bind with black.  I purchased a russet-red backer that I liked (I usually use sheets but didn't have anything suitable).  I've sandwiched it and will FMQ later today.  Yes, it took me three hours (actually 3-1/4).  I cut 6-1/2" strips WOF of 7 different batiks. Bordered them with 2-1/2" WOF black strips.  Cut into 10-1/2" segments to make the blocks.  Sewed the blocks in series of 4 then sewed the strips together.  The next time I'll probably do pairs and arrange them a bit better.  But this was done between 12 - 3 AM during a bout of insomnia and I was pretty much brain dead.  I've gotten excited about this method and have the strips for two others cut out, one with dark brown and the other with navy sashing.  I wonder if there is a Christmas Carol called "adding to the UFOs" -- maybe to the tune of dashing through the snow?  <sigh>

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:26 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol, if this is what you produce between 12-3 AM while brain dead, you're doing pretty good by me!  Sorry to hear about the insomnia.  I struggled with it for the first time in my life a few months ago and it was miserable.  Through a combination of sleep restriction therapy (just google it if you're interested) and ambien, I was able to get back into my usual sleep routine and am a much happier camper these days!  The sleep restriction thing sounds like absolutely the worst idea in the world for someone dealing with insomnia, but I have to admit, it worked very well for me.  The ambien didn't hurt either.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

Here are pictures of 2 lap quilts I have made for us.  They were a mystery on another site.

The quilts were made of blocks with identical HST's in different configurations.  The sun was shining when I decided to take the pictures, and by the time I got ready for the pictures, it had gotten cloudy and the wind picked up so the second quilt is blowing in the breeze.  I guess this is the leading edge of the storm we are getting later this week.  I thought we would have a rain-free day for a change, but guess not!  Warnings are for stormy (rain) weather tomorrow and SNOW for Friday and Saturday.  Maybe it will be a white Christmas, but will probably just make our Daughter's trip from Texas a little "hairy".  They don't have much snow there - but usually fly up.  This year the tickets are so expensive that they decided to drive!  They should be here Saturday in the snow.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 95
Page 161 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use