Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 153 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 419
Points 10,600
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Wow the McKenna Ryan quilt sounds like too much work for me.  I do have my "carry overs", finish the border on the Craftsy BOM, sew the MQ7 together and add Borders, try to catch up on the Bonnie Hunt mystery quilt, ( I am still working on step 1) then start the new mystery quilt with Anna (is that her name???) who did the Craftsy BOM, plus I have 2 tops that need to be quilted already.  The quilting is my least favorite part, so I am thinking about letting someone do that for me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

Donna - I think the quilting is my least favorite part 2 as I never felt quite comfortable with it - I was trying and I was getting better but I have made a pact with Christine and she is going to quilt my quilts and I am going to piece her quilts together.  I am loving this deal - have been looking for a friend like this for a long long time and am loving getting to know her.  Maybe someone out there will make a deal like this with you!  I have been asking for years and finally someone took me up on it... so you never know - I do know there are people who like both parts - and some who like it all - and some who just don't have time... or knowledge of the how to's... but want a quilt... Barter...teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

Donna, I'll do the quilting if you don't have any objections to a beginner .I'm trying to take on some quilts for a small supplemnt to my disability . and the price is right ..LOL   I'm doing one now for Marie and its coming along nicely.  if intrested just Pm me and we can talk. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 419
Points 10,600
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:45 PM | Locked

Barbara, thanks for the offer, but I live in Arizona and the shipping would kill me.  I know because I just mailed all by christmas gives from here to Missouri and it cost me 160.00

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 419
Points 10,600
Donna replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:46 PM | Locked

Thanks Thea,  great idea.

Is there anyone here in Arizona who loves to quilt but not to piece????   Willing to barter.....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:21 PM | Locked

Donna ,yeah Guess it could get alittle costly . good luck hope you can get a partner ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:59 AM | Locked

Thea, Debbie and Spud -  Thanks for the great responces to my questions. I will make a test block and try it with a small satin stitch. I didn't think the zig-zag would hold I didn't want a look of alot of stitching so this might be perfect. I will try to post a picture when I am done with it. My goal is to finish at least the top by Christmas don't think I will be able to quilt and bind it by then.

Thanks again and happy holidays!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:02 AM | Locked

Working on the backwards border now. Proud Gramma will pick it up this weekend.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:04 AM | Locked

Barbara:
I'll do the quilting if you don't have any objections to a beginner

Barbara, you do such beautiful work.  It's been a while since I thought of you as a beginner.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

Joe, you look so comfortable and contented, pretty quilt, sure to be loved.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

Barbara,

I've sent you a PM.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:21 PM | Locked

Joe, your quilt is very pretty. I know it will be loved!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

kim:
Thanks again and happy holidays!!!

You are most welcome Kim. Good luck on getting your top finished and I look forward to seeing a picture.

You have a wonderful and blessed Christmas also.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310
Brigit-Carol replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:25 PM | Locked

Joe - nice looking happy colours quilt!  Newbie question -- What is a backwards border? 

I made three quick mug rugs out of left over ends from the string quilt.  And of course, I just had to FMQ them.  I've turned into a FMQ maniac -- nothing is safe from me now!  I was eyeing some store bought quilted placemats yesterday and thought "The stitching is just so bland -- maybe I'll FMQ them".  Oh my, a new obsession.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Bel, those are adorable - very very nice.  I have not worked on a quilt today yet!  I did sew some while Skyping with Barbara... but I just now was looking through the Love of Quilting magazine and found the baby quilt I am going to make for my little Grandson on his way in April - it is the one with the monkeys on it...teehee - DH said making a monkey out of him already - yep...

I also bought a fox robe kit when connecting threads had their sale on a few weeks back - and meant to buy 2 - one for each of the grand kids - but alas - I for some reason didn't so went on line and got some flannel to make a 2nd one - can't give one grandchild one - lol - but found the cutest pink flannels to make my DGD's since she is totally into pink these days... I will change the fox head shape to a kitty cat on hers... so my next few days will be making the robe and the rest of the small home made gifts that I am readying should I have to send out some SS gifts... I am still hoping that those who have not checked in are doing it... I think next year I will make a folder in my email and put all the names in there so I can send out one email to the group asking for replies so I don't stress about this...teehee... but one way or the other all will get a gift - I have some things just waiting to know if they are going this year or next... My pay it forward box will be empty though - but that is okay too as I can start filling it with new things next year... 

Page 153 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 151 152 153 154 155 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use