Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 151 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 4:52 PM | Locked

Just reading about the snow you are getting makes me shiver.  It's in the high 70s here today but an artic front is coming through late tomorrow and Mon - Tues will be in the 40s with overnight lows in the mid 20s.  Believe it or not, this will be our first hard freeze.  I went out today and stripped the rest of the bell peppers and green tomatoes off the plants! 

Yes I have worked on quilts today -- three lap quilts completely finished and ready for the nursing home.  AND these are the first I've completely finished.  Can I now call myself a quilter?  <grin>  The center one is stitch in the ditch, but the end ones are my first attempt at FMQ.  I hate wasting fabric and batting so decided my practice pieces would be nursing home quilts.  The stitching is really rough and random, but I actually did it!  I free motioned quilted!  (Can you tell I'm excited?)  All three are disappearing 9 patch but look so different from each other.  I love that method.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Is  I am getting a few big flakes coming down here in Waterford.

Our little skiff has all melted, now it is just cold and overcast.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

Brigit, your quilts are so pretty. I love the Disappearing 9 patch also.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,673
Points 120,445
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:10 PM | Locked

Brigit, your quilts are lovely. You did a great job on the quilting. First time? WOW.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I free motioned quilted!  (Can you tell I'm excited?) 

Brigit, somehow I missed this earlier, you did a wonderful job on the quilting and I know they will be appreciated at the nursing home!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Brigitte, very nice quilts and very nice quilting, you go girl!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Bridget ,very pretty quilts ,great job on the quilting. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

I love the soft colors of your disappearing 9-patches, Brigit, and good job on the quilting!  Sweet of you to think of the residents of the nursing home!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485

I finished my Mq yesterday, I want to see if I can post it here. My DGS is sleeping under it right now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:42 AM | Locked

Hello everyone.  I was able to finish quilt for my DIL's Christmas present  today.  My DIL's quilt is from a picture she had posted on Facebook.  She's a dancer.  I hope she likes it.  She can use either side as the front.   I named it "Dancing Courtney."  I paper pieced her name on the top & bottom along with dancing girls on the corners & sides.  Now I need to get to work on several other projects so I can get them done BEFORE Christmas.

This is the picture & the front of the quilt.  My husband says he can't see the picture in the quilt.  I can.  Can you?

This is the back of the quilt.  It is the picture I transfered to fabric. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,825
Points 366,017
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:10 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:
This is the picture & the front of the quilt.  My husband says he can't see the picture in the quilt.  I can.  Can you?

Great quilt Patricia. Yes I can see the picture in the quilt. It is more evident viewed from a distance. I love the back too. She'll love it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:23 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:

Hello everyone.  I was able to finish quilt for my DIL's Christmas present  today.  My DIL's quilt is from a picture she had posted on Facebook.  She's a dancer.  I hope she likes it.  She can use either side as the front.   I named it "Dancing Courtney."  I paper pieced her name on the top & bottom along with dancing girls on the corners & sides.  Now I need to get to work on several other projects so I can get them done BEFORE Christmas.

This is the back of the quilt.  It is the picture I transfered to fabric. 

Love it.... Great idea and yes I can see the picture on the front of the quilt.

xoxoxo,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:03 AM | Locked

Thea:

Angele:

Thea I love Makenna Ryan's quilts.  I bought a spring wall hanging to make in 2013... At least that is my goal for now..hihihi

Angele  - can't wait to see yours!!!

The final product is fantastic though.  And if you follow her instructions you can't go wrong.  She gives awesome instructions and her patterns are simple to follow.  I can't wait to see yours.  I have 3 others of her quilts to make someday... The patterns are waiting... I seem to get the Christmas ones done but someday I'll work on the others - maybe 2013... who knows - I am working on all these patterns I have bought over the years and trying so hard not to buy anything new - those words of wisdom went out the window this fall - lol - but I'll make them again for 2013... 

Oh Thea, I my resolution last year was to quilt all my tops before I got a new one started... Yeah right!  Well I got three done and bought  four or five more! I still have to look at one of them!   But my goal is now to finish two before Christmas. I'd be happy then.  I guess all those babies coming got me sidetracked... Lol. Not mine per say, but friends and co workers. I wish you a good day sewing. No big pains today.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:08 AM | Locked

Patricia, Yep, I see the pic!  This is a great quilt and I am sure she will love it!  The pic on the back is a wonderful idea too!  Fantastic job!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Bellfrybat, I love your disappearing nine patch quilts.  And you did a great job on your FMQ.  You are a beautiful quilter with a generous heart.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 151 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 149 150 151 152 153 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use