Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 150 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 148 149 150 151 152 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

Thea:

Hi MzMoomMist - Merry Christmas to you too!  I was watching the news today and they were taking a Manger display all around the USA reminding people of our rights - the season is about Christ and I love seeing Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays... 

Thank you Thea. As an Army veteran and have 2 sons, 3 brothers & 2 husbands that are and were veterans, I believe in The Constitution and our Freedom. So again thank you for that and your service.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 636
Points 9,445
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:07 AM | Locked

This is Bundle of Blue and was made for a co-worker having a boy next month.  It's the same pattern and fabrics (in different colors) as Cranberry Salad.  I've got another top exactly the same is this that I think I will back and bind in white.  I'm surprised at myself that I actually got this done this week.  Last week, aside from finishing the Cranberry Salad) I was shopping and wrapping presents for the childrens lunch my company hosts (with others) in association with Comic Relief.  They were turned in yesterday.  This week, I've been cooking for our Pot Luck Lunch tomorrow.  Tuesday was Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with carrots, peas and rice.  Last night was Kielbasa with red potatoes and green beans, and fried corn. I also baked a cake.  Tonight is Pasta e fagolie and I will decorate the cake (one jello poke and one Boston Creme).  Then I'm done.  I don't have anything else (except my cousins quilt) I have to do until Christmas.   Oh yeah.  I've got to get ChicagoSingers quilt tops to her next Friday afternoon.  This is really the busiest time of the year for me. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 5:27 PM | Locked

I finally got my Marine Quilt finished, quilted and bound, and packed in a very large Priority Mail Box.  But, alas, now I can't get a hold of anyone that has my nephew's current address, so here it sits.  It's really aggravating that no one is returning my calls or text messages, or emails.  I really want him to get it before Christmas and before he is deployed again.

On the brighter side, I was able to get the first border on my MQ7 this morning and have started sewing together all of those small pieces for the next border.  I also got all of my Mailbox Surprises out in the mail, along with my fabric for my Birthday block and my Secret Santa gift yesterday.  I've wrapped all of the Christmas gifts that I've bought so far (the shopping for the grandson's is all done, thank goodness), and ordered a few things for my girls online.  DH and I are not exchanging Christmas gifts as we consider the $3,000 Sleep Number bed as our present for this year.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:19 PM | Locked

Thea, I love her patterns but haven't made any yet & I've not done any raw edge applique but it looks easy. I have the patterns for Faith, Hope & Peace in batik and can't wait to get started but Christmas pressies & other things have happened this year & stopped me. I am going to a retreat early next year & am taking it along so hopefully I'll get some or all of it done then.

Thea:
Are there any others out there that like the McKenna Ryan Christmas quilts.

Have fun doing it, I can't wait to see pics.

Clare

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:05 AM | Locked

Diane, do you still want to sell the EQ7...I can't seem to find the original post and I don't know which Diane from Morristown TN to send the check to.  Can you please let me know and pm me your address?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

I got more quilting stuff packed up, boy I have a lot of stuff. Then, I started cutting the fabric that matches the Grandkids quilts to sew around the label, I have four to do, but I do at least have the labels done just need to finish with the border and sew them to the quilts. I hope, if things go well, I will be able to cut the first border for my MQ, if I can get into town to get some fabric...lots of ifs in there. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Karla'

I think you might mean me as I had the EQ for sale. I think I said $135 with postage paid by me. But I do not have the post and I could be wrong.   I will PM you.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:23 PM | Locked

You're right...all I could really remember was you were from Tennessee...I've gotten really lousy with names in my old age.  At least I had the state right.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:25 AM | Locked

I've been working and hopefully will have some pics later today.  I'm learning FMQ and have three lap quilts top stitched, but need to put on the binding.  And finished a walker side bag for a friend.  I'm really enjoying my "new" machine to do FMQ on. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

Bridget ,that is great , Keep up that pratice and you will have it masterd before you know it . Look foward to seeing your quilts. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

Thea I love Makenna Ryan's quilts.  I bought a spring wall hanging to make in 2013... At least that is my goal for now..hihihi

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 8:56 AM | Locked

Getting ready to sew more in wet mi., but at least we don't have snow yet otherwise I'd have to shovel and wouldn't have a muscle left to sew.

Just thinking about paper snowflakes made as a kid would that be the same idea with hawaiian quilting?  Haven't done one yet.  I like contrast effect of Hawaiian quilts.

I seen the super quilter frame online if I had the money I would get one just because I like the look, but I've never used a frame and don't know if it would help me with quilting.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

Angele:

Thea I love Makenna Ryan's quilts.  I bought a spring wall hanging to make in 2013... At least that is my goal for now..hihihi

Angele  - can't wait to see yours!!!

MR's quilts were the first I did that were raw edge applique - I love them - the quilts are so realistic.  I satin stitch all my pieces down though - I have never been able to do the single stitching around the pieces the way MR does.  There is too much dust in OK for this - you can't put anything out that at the end of the day you don't have a film of dust even if you keep the windows and doors shut.  I was always afraid that if I didn't satin stitch that the pieces would ravel away - it is time consuming to satin stitch all the pieces but it does work.  I think I have now made 4 Christmas quilts from her - the Last one was Chrissy Down Under - it reminds me of my friend Scooter who lives in Australia.  I have started this years and it is so adorable.  I finished up copying all the pattern pieces onto fusible last night.  I probably won't work on it today but tomorrow when I am well rested will start pulling out the fabric to fuse the pieces to - it is a labor of love...lol... and I do enjoy the final piece when I put it on... these quilts have thousands of pieces and sometimes they are only 1/4" big.  

The final product is fantastic though.  And if you follow her instructions you can't go wrong.  She gives awesome instructions and her patterns are simple to follow.  I can't wait to see yours.  I have 3 others of her quilts to make someday... The patterns are waiting... I seem to get the Christmas ones done but someday I'll work on the others - maybe 2013... who knows - I am working on all these patterns I have bought over the years and trying so hard not to buy anything new - those words of wisdom went out the window this fall - lol - but I'll make them again for 2013... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Is  I am getting a few big flakes coming down here in Waterford.  I know you are only 20-25 miles south of me.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

Ginny:
Is  I am getting a few big flakes coming down here in Waterford

HI Ginny and Is, I'm from Michigan too, I'm in Milan 25 miles North of Ohio. We are just getting a little rain.

Page 150 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 148 149 150 151 152 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use