Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 144 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:42 PM | Locked

Max, Spud, Bonita, and Marsha:  Thank you for the wonderful comments on my MQ5!  It was a fun one to make especially when I decided to make the Jelly Roll quilt for the back. 

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:42 PM | Locked

It's beautiful, Carol, and reversible, good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:46 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:12 PM | Locked

I sure did, but now could use some advise!  I have been working on am embroidery block snowmen quilt...with only 10 snowmen, so decided to add 10 snowflake blocks to make it a reasonable size for  a cover and snuggling. So, with 20 blocks I now need to decide whether I want it 4 across and 5 down or 5 across and 4 down.  Here are the two pictures  with what I have so far.  Top Picture (5 across ) & Bottom Picture (4 across):

Much to my surprise, after seeing the pictures, I am leaning toward the 4 across design. 

I am planning to do a red border around the outside when I finally get all the blocks and sashings done. 

So, please let me know what you think.  I've set this aside for the evening to work on another project...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,862
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

Carol W:

Woohoo!  I Did it!  I made my goal - I completed my Christmas MQ5 by Dec. 1!!  It is now on the back of my couch decorating my living room.

The front:

The back (1600 jelly roll quilt):

Carol - absolutely gorgeous and I love your scappy strippy backing.  You did an awesome job.  Pats on the back for finishing when you wanted to - isn't that fun!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

I am open to all ideas and suggestions!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:15 PM | Locked

Donna B., I would go with the 4 across 5 down arrangement.  Looking good!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

Thanks Thea!  and yes it is fun to meet my goal!!  Come to think of it - working on them is fun even when I don't have a goal but there is just some special amount of satisfaction in reaching that goal.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,862
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

I did work on a new quilt today and some old ones - I was pressing the old ones to send to Christine and checking them twice to make sure all the seams are down and flat - good thing found a seam that had come loose - I had had to wash this quilt top prior to quilting  - it was one of the Quilt Company quilts and I had forgot to set the specialty fabric so had had it ready to quilt and had to undo that and set it in warm water to set those fabrics so that at a later date it would wash and those fabrics wouldn't wash clear of the ink that was used to make them.  I had then just set it up on the hangar and forgot about it till I was getting some ready to send to Christine - I usually go over them before I start to quilt them myself and glad usually that I do as I always seem to find something that needs perfecting...teehee but it is ready now for the trip to NC ... 

But the new quilt I started on is a Baltimore BOM Autumn style - it is in some of my favorite colors - the fall colors - warm and fuzzy hugging colors - teehee ... anyway I got the first block in the mail yesterday and right away was wanting to work on it ... so got it all on the background fabric and now I have to do the satin stitching on it - I was going to post a picture but teehee Frances is afraid I am a bad influence on her purse so I'll wait and post one in a few months to give her purse a chance to recuperate... 

This block has cute little bunnies and pumpkins / leaves and cherries on it... 

I also finished up 4 - yep 4 twister quilts - sending one on to Christine in this batch of quilts - it is a pastel one that I am going to give to Echo... I am working hard on getting all the WIPs done and at the same time getting my creativity jump started with some new stuff... so much fun...teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,862
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:21 PM | Locked

Donna B:

I sure did, but now could use some advise!  I have been working on am embroidery block snowmen quilt...with only 10 snowmen, so decided to add 10 snowflake blocks to make it a reasonable size for  a cover and snuggling. So, with 20 blocks I now need to decide whether I want it 4 across and 5 down or 5 across and 4 down.  Here are the two pictures  with what I have so far.  Top Picture (5 across ) & Bottom Picture (4 across):

Much to my surprise, after seeing the pictures, I am leaning toward the 4 across design. 

I am planning to do a red border around the outside when I finally get all the blocks and sashings done. 

So, please let me know what you think.  I've set this aside for the evening to work on another project...

Donna - just a personal preference here but I like my quilts longer rather then wider - and I like the 4 across.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:23 PM | Locked

Didnt really work on a quilt today BUT,  while I was in Joanns to buy the easy angle and companion ruler for the Bonnie Hut mystery quilt, I found.................... I am so excited, 2 no sew, or as we know it, tie blanket kits, and what is on the blankets,  2 DIFFERENT BATMAN scenes.!!!!!!!  I have a 6 year old and 3 year old grandsons who are Batman nuts.  And of course I had 50% off coupons.  And of course I had to start working on them today because the family lives 1400 miles away, and I am hoping to have all their gifts wrapped and in the mail by next Saturday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:23 PM | Locked

Donna, I like the 4 across and 5 down.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:24 PM | Locked

Donna, I like the 4 across better, but since you have the sashing you could try putting snowmen on the top row on each end with 2 snowflakes in the middle and then alternating the next row with the snowflakes on the outside and the snowmen together in the middle. Its worth a try, may not look good at all

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

Donna B,  I agree with 4 across and 5 down, I too like it longer rather than wider.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:27 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
you could try putting snowmen on the top row on each end with 2 snowflakes in the middle and then alternating the next row with the snowflakes on the outside and the snowmen together in the middle. Its worth a try, may not look good at all

I'll give that a try and see how it looks...thanks!  Aren't design walls grand!!!

Winthrop, WA

Page 144 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use