Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 142 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,684
Points 65,980
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

BB, they will make great Christmas gifts. I have a pattern to make a carry all for baby stuff. Never did get it done.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

Haven't worked on quilt yet today, but have big plans.  Just wanted to let you know I will be "off the radar" for 6-12 months.  Shalom.   Take care.  See you later.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"  (as always)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:46 AM | Locked

Ok.  I'm back.  I've been off work and offline since 11-15.  There is no way to catch up on all the posts, but I have gone through the gallery.  Very nice work posted.  I had myself a little Solo Quilting Retreat.  I managed to finish one charity quilt top and do a second (that's three waiting for CC).  I also found in my stash some Tonga Treats.  I had two mathcing sets of 10" and 5"squares (40 in each pack).  I put together two baby quilt tops and a 72x54 quilt to raffle off Saturday for our Almost Home Foundation (animal rescue).  I also managed to put a crimp in my wrist.  Wonder how that happened?  I still have to finish the binding on the raffle quilt and launder it.  Then I can finish the baby quilts and my cousins quilt.  I'll be lucky to get them all done for Christmas.  I also did mega shopping for toys, now I have to wrap them all this week for a lunch my company is involved in.  They have a lunch for 200 homeless children and their mothers.  Each kid gets 2 toys.  Then next week I have to prep all the extra food for our own pot luck lunch.  I cover for people that don't want to cook.  Oh yeah, there's also the AHF gala on Saturday night (where the quilt will be raffled.  I'm sorry CC.  You may be gettting only three quilts from me, and they may not be finished.  I have the tops and batgting and backing and extra fabric for pillow cases and binding.  But I just won't have the time to put them all together.  I still hav your address.   Can I drop them off on the 14th (I have my last 1/2day that day)?\

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Have not done anything yet but plan to finish sewing the rows and then sewing them together for my MQ. - then I plan to work on bindings on my grandkid's quilts, the sun is shinning and I will be able to see better so maybe I can get some of it done.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,957
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:51 AM | Locked

Belfrybat - thank you for the link - that looks like something I would like to make - might get me motivated to get out of my chair today...teehee - the pain in my chest got worse after I sewed Sunday so it is keeping me from jumping up and running to my sewing machine though.  I had taken a week off from sewing to see if the pain would recede and it did get better but never completely went away - then I sewed after church Sunday but I think I may have over done it since I hadn't sewn all week and love sewing.  I have these samples that I made up last year for my Twister class - you know you make samples in different stages so you can use them for examples - well I had 4 samples - so I sewed all the seams together on the layer cake pieces - you do 36 10" squares sewn together both directions - then you put a 6" border on it - you then use the twister ruler and cut them all apart - you then sew them all together - and if you are very careful you end up with a charm square pack from your layer cake - you take the twister blocks and sew them all back together and put 3 borders around it and wahlah - you have a very cute twin size quilt... you could of course make it bigger which I did with one of the quilts I made last year - I took those charm squares I had left over and squared them up - sewed them together in rows and added them to both ends before I put the borders on and you now have a full/queen size quilt.  You can also take those charms, using the smaller twister ruler, and make placemats to go with your quilt top and make the quilt top for a table cover... and if you are really careful when cutting those charm squares - you end up with 2" squares which I did the same thing as before - made my own smaller twister template and made coasters to go with the quilt and placemats... or you can use these as cornerstones in your larger quilts... 

But anyway - I got all 4 sewn together in the first rows - and one of them I got completely recut and resewn with the twister ruler on Sunday... I got 2 of the borders on it and called it quits for that night as the 3rd border is a directional print and I wanted to think clearly how I was going to put it on... am thinking of cutting it and mitering the corners on it and matching it all up all the way around - and I needed a very clear brain to figure that out - and late at night my brain is not that clear...teehee - so was going to do it yesterday but the pain in my chest had come back full force - so with my other errands that I had to do yesterday decided to not sit at the sewing machine - today is better - is there like it has been - but I think this afternoon I'll be back at the machine and get those other 2 at least the 6" border on and then the recut with the twister ruler - I may not get both of them any farther then that - but then when I get at that machine it is hard to pull me away...teehee...

for now - sitting here and reading and looking for eye candy - which belfrybat nicely provided... am going to print that pattern off and see if I can make one of these up that will match one of these twister quilts - I think I should have enough scraps from the border pieces... getting motivated - but it is so snuggly warm where I am...teehee... 

Quilty hugz!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:06 PM | Locked

MaggieNae:

Ok.  I'm back.  I've been off work and offline since 11-15.  There is no way to catch up on all the posts, but I have gone through the gallery.  Very nice work posted.  I had myself a little Solo Quilting Retreat....  

Maggie, just reading your post thoroughly and completely exhausted me!  You are one busy puppy but sound as though you have enjoyed it all.

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Pat M.:
I will be "off the radar" for 6-12 months.

Pat I will miss you.  Hope everything is all right.  Already looking forward to your return.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

5 QT OR 5 GAL BUCKETS???

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:49 PM | Locked

I MUST BUILD UP MY EMBROIDERY THREAD COLLECTION before I can do those lovely blocks.  I did pruchase some red to do the Christmas redwork...blocks.  Who know maybe get them completed in time for next Christmas.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:59 AM | Locked

What a beautiful quilting caddy Bellfrybat. I like the size if it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:13 AM | Locked

Wow you did so much MaggieNae.  I'm lucky if I can get to my machine after work.  Problem is that I have a hubby who expects supper sometimes in the evening... That just throws me off...lol. Anyway, I only got the opportunity to do some stitchery last night.  I was even too tired for knitting anything.  Work really gets in the way sometimes, and even though I really love what I do, I know I could use a day or two away from work and just quilt.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

Thea I hope you are feeling better this morning.  I worry about that chest pain of yours.  Would stress make it worse? I pray this will pass soon.  I hope to see these twister quilts you made. I made one but a very basic one and would like to see how yours look like.  Please take care of yourself, there's only one of you.  Your optimism and positive outlook on life makes me a more positive person each time I read your posts. 

Quilty hugs with lots of warmth and no pain.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

Joni:

5 QT OR 5 GAL BUCKETS???

QUART -- they measure approximately 7" high and 8 in diameter

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

The only quilting I've got done in the past week is working on binding on my Marine Quilt.  It's not that I'm not motivated, it's just that Thanksgiving and Christmas is getting my way.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:52 AM | Locked

Pat, I too will miss you and hope everything is all right.  Would love to have you let us know that all is well now and then.  Take care and take some hugs along with you wherever you go.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Page 142 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use