Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 138 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Donna, take care of your selves .Gee I'd like that if I had about 100 cases of Dt pespi and my smokes. LOL   I have enough fabric that I'd be ok.  LOL... Oh but then I 'd miss the Branson retreat   ..

LOL...We have grocery stores here and even a post office...that is kept very busy with internet shoppers.  UPS and FedEx send at least 3 trucks a day up our Valley.  If they can't make it up my hill they drop it off at a pre-arranged business in town for me to pick it up later.  We even have a LQS, but it is very small!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,565
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:42 PM | Locked

I did alot of sewing today. And now I have to take it out. I did a 9 patch in the wrong colors. I wondered why I cut so many extra strips of black and not enough of the pattern fabric, now I know I was putting them in the wrong places......So mad at myself.... Glad I noticed before I got ready to sew all the blocks together. At least it wasn't a total loss. Will try to do more tomorrow....Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:54 PM | Locked

Donna B:
LOL...We have grocery stores here and even a post office...that is kept very busy with internet shoppers.  UPS and FedEx send at least 3 trucks a day up our Valley.  If they can't make it up my hill they drop it off at a pre-arranged business in town for me to pick it up later.  We even have a LQS, but it is very small

Donna,I did wonder about that, still sounds wonderful.  I really like living out ,wish late hubby and I had bought out of town.  but at time he thought it best with his work.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:55 PM | Locked

Weezee, don't feel alone I have done that myself.more times then I care to admit.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:25 AM | Locked

I did I did work on a quilt! Well a quilted big, so I hope it counts.  Just getting in my sewing room felt great.  Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow quilters and family.  May we all learn to appreciate the good things big and small every day.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 2:58 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Is that "Hearts Gone Wild" by Lisa Calle, Christine?  

It is by Lisa Calle but it's called Hearts a Flutter.  It's a 7"inch design but with a 26" throat I'm able to do 2 passes at a time before rolling.  It's a nice pattern, very relaxing to stitch.

This is what it looks like... I bought it at my LQS.

http://www.quiltscomplete.com/Products/Hearts-a-Flutter---Paper---65__U4-LC-HAF.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

Ramona:
Actually the Hearts Gone Wild that you download is for those who have computerized longarm machines.

Phew!  Glad I didn't make that mistake.  Thanks Ramona!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:53 PM | Locked

Donna B:
We even have a LQS, but it is very small!

I've been to Winthrop twice now and I have yet to find a quilt shop!  Where is it hiding?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:

I've been to Winthrop twice now and I have yet to find a quilt shop!  Where is it hiding?

I was wondering the same thing. We travel that area fairly often and I do seem to remember something near Twisp. Maybe that's what Donna is referring to?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:50 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

MNnancy:

Donna B:

I was wondering the same thing. We travel that area fairly often and I do seem to remember something near Twisp. Maybe that's what Donna is referring to?

Yes, sorry about that...it is in Twisp.  Just down the road (9 miles) from Winthrop, but still in the Methow Valley.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:53 PM | Locked

Just so you know I am not telling any tales here, check it out:

http://www.thequiltinghive.com/

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:07 AM | Locked

I am working like a crazy woman trying to get 6 stockings constructed, a tree skirt made and a wall hanging done before Wed.   As well as backing batches of 8 different types of cookies.   I may just keel over somewhere blubbering.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:44 AM | Locked

Nana,

Before you start blubbering send me over the 8 different kinds of cookies for tasting purposes, obviously with my chocolate packing/tasting experience cookies should be my next step.

Just a question are the 6  stockings going to be normal size or Nanas special size that would fit a giant.:))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:20 AM | Locked

OH Frances ,now you know Nana,dosen't make anything that is big .LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:21 AM | Locked

Nana:
As well as backing batches of 8 different types of cookies.

Nana, it's happened...  quilting has taken over your life.  Please save the backing fabrics for your quilts - the cookies will taste better without it.  ;-)

LOL

Page 138 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use