Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 137 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:51 PM | Locked

I have to say a great big THANK YOU to Nana!!!

Never in a million years did I think last summer when she convinced me to cut up all my left-over fabric into squares and strips for scrappy quilts that it actually would help me with machine applique/embroidery.  I have been working on a "Primitive Snowman" quilt done in the embroidery hoop with lots of applique fabric pieces.  Those pre-cut squares and strips have made it much easier to find just the right piece of fabric for the inside of a window, a mailbox, a snowman's hat, etc.

Thanks again Nana and I hope you have the very best of holidays with your family,

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

Donna B:
We're drowning over here on the dry side of the mountains....I just wish (and I know Gini does too) the snow level would drop so all this moisture would be snow for us instead of all this wet stuff...yuk...enough already!

I read in the paper this morning that they closed the highway by you - avalanche danger.  Are you seeing snow further up?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

nancy, the pass close to donna is closed every winter and doesn't usually reopen until june.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,282
Points 28,975
Agnes replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Did you use regular Crayola crayons.

Thanks, Judy. I am a Crayola girl so that's what I use.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,282
Points 28,975
Agnes replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:53 PM | Locked

Marie and Bonita--Thank you for your comments on the Puppy Quilt. I had fun with that. I had been staying with two sisters after school and they wanted to get involved in whatever quilting I was doing. So I prepared fabric blocks and had them do art work which I then made into cushions for them. A year later when a baby brother joined the family I made this quilt.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:11 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
We're drowning over here on the dry side of the mountains....I just wish (and I know Gini does too) the snow level would drop so all this moisture would be snow for us instead of all this wet stuff...yuk...enough already!

I read in the paper this morning that they closed the highway by you - avalanche danger.  Are you seeing snow further up?

Yes, we drove up the highway yesterday (to the eastern [silver-star] gate, 16 miles from our house) about an hour after they closed it.  For those of you that don't know the area, the pass is 21 miles west of our house on the highway.  It was snowing heavily at the gate -big wet, heavy flakes - I would guess at least an inch of snow an hour.  There is a campground about 3 miles below this gate that is/will be groomed for us cross-country skiers asap before our regular trails in the valley are snow covered.  It just had a dusting there and it was raining heavily when we drove by.  The rain changed to snow about half-way between that campground and the eastern/silver-star gate.  The freezing level is suppose to drop this weekend, so there is hope in sight...at least for some snow and relief from all this rain.  Our ground was frozen hard a week ago, but now it is pretty loose again.  (The cats are enjoying it though...they prefer dirt to the litter box...lol!)

They had 30" of snow at the pass by 8am Monday morning and it was still snowing heavily.  (At 36", the avalanche shoots off Liberty Bell mountain start releasing onto the highway and it is no longer safe for traffic so they need to close - at least temporarily.)  By 10am they had reached 36" and had 3 slides on the highway (no cars effected) and announced they would close the highway at noon that day.  Depending on the weather, they may be able to reopen for the holiday traffic - but only if the weather cooperates.  From the forecast, it doesn't look likely.  We are use to being at the end of a 50 mile dead-end road in the winter and frankly, it's kind of nice!  Sure cuts down on the traffic, noise and the riff-raff...LOL!  We can still get to the west side of the mountains and people can still get here if they want. It's just a 5 hour drive around across another mountain pass rather than 3 hours via this pass. 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:34 PM | Locked

Donna

I am so happy that I was of assistance to you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:37 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Here is a shot of one I did some years ago.

Cute puppy quilt Agnes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,130
Points 14,615
Dawn replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

I hope to work on a quilt today, got Nolan's quilt all sandwiched and pin basted.  But I think I have re-caught a cold.  I have been dealing w/something now for over a month.  Getting pretty tired of it too!  I will go bowling this afternoon, but hope to start on the quilt before that. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:14 AM | Locked

Gee, Donna I thought it was bad when we get 5in.  LOL  but then I'm not in the mountains. Take care and have a great holiday. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

Yes, I worked on a quilt today!  I thought I'd post an update on the quilt by a 12 yo beginner.  I'm halfway finished with the longarming.  Hopefully the photo lets you see the panto I'm using.  The panto is by Lisa Calle and it has lots of swirls and a heart.  I thought she'd like hearts all over her quilt.  :~)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:16 PM | Locked

Is that "Hearts Gone Wild" by Lisa Calle, Christine?  I really like it.  I Googled a site that sells that pattern and was surprised to see you can pay and instantly download the pattern.  I thought pantos were usually on long strips of paper.  I suppose you could print it over and over and then tape the pages together.  I haven't tried a panto yet, but maybe I will.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:50 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Gee, Donna I thought it was bad when we get 5in.  LOL  but then I'm not in the mountains. Take care and have a great holiday. 

For all those interested, the North Cascades Hwy 20 (in Washington State) is now closed for the winter...and will not reopen until spring 2013 (probably in May).  Once again, I am at the end of a 50 mile dead-end road with about 5,000 other lucky people (including Marge P).  We have the most peaceful winters here!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:26 PM | Locked

Donna, take care of your selves .Gee I'd like that if I had about 100 cases of Dt pespi and my smokes. LOL   I have enough fabric that I'd be ok.  LOL... Oh but then I 'd miss the Branson retreat   ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,024
Points 28,585
Ramona replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:59 PM | Locked

MNnancy,

Actually the Hearts Gone Wild that you download is for those who have computerized longarm machines. If you keep searching her site you will find the panto that is the long sheet.  She carries some really nice ones.

http://www.quiltscomplete.com/search.aspx?keyword=hearts+gone+wild

Page 137 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use