Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 135 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:30 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
One more project I'm working on here and there. It will take me a long time but I'm in no hurry. This is just the first block I completed from the pattern packet, Vintage Tin.

I love what you have so far Judy. I don't think you'll ruin it if you add some colour.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:32 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
 How come he didn't bring this along to the VB retreat to sew with us?  :-)

Oh I tried to get him to bring it but he din't want to hear it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:36 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Have been missing you!  Hope you are studying hard and learning lots.

Not as much as I should be. There's so much going on. It's hard to stay focussed.

MaxNTopeka:
 I am so impressed with Jason's quilt!  Is this his first quilt?

Yes his first quilt. It was also his first time using a sewing machine. He was a great student. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:45 AM | Locked

Angele:
Even gets upset if I gently put him on the ground

If my cats are in the sewing room, they know they are being spoiled and try to climb on my lap when I am trying to sew.  I'll put up with it for a while but then they get put on the floor.  After a while, not gently.  A smack on the nose keeps them on their pillow.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:45 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

One more project I'm working on here and there. It will take me a long time but I'm in no hurry. This is just the first block I completed from the pattern packet, Vintage Tin. I am changing the block designs to reflect local scenes. This one isn't changed much, I just added the name of the local river. It ticks off the cats when I'm embroidering on a block, as they can't get up on my lap.

I'm debating using crayons to add a touch of very slight color here and there. I probably won't as I'm afraid I would ruin it. All the blocks will have the same color embroidery floss.

Judy, we are doing Vintage Tin BOM also. I'm working on the motorcycle block and DH is going to get the job of cutting the piecing blocks lol.

I've heard the technique about using the crayons and I'm looking forward to trying it. I figured, I try it on some small first and see what it looks like and if I like it.

Best of luck and happy embroidering

xoxoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530
Pat Lancaster replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:28 AM | Locked

Kris, Jason is a true quilter. He finished a UFO. LOL, he did a great job. I remember when you posted a pic of a pile of blue and I wondering if he was going to finish. It lloks great and I am sure his sister and bil will cherish it. So, what is his next project?

Judy, love that turkey! I have one to go on a little stand, but I haven't even cut it out yet. LOL, guess that turkey won't see "this" Thanksgiving.

I have started quilting dil's quilt and the back looks ok so I guess I will keep at it. I told her that I hoped to have it done by Christmas. No promises.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go. Happy quilting everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:13 AM | Locked

Cute turkey Judy!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

Your DH made a very nice quilt. Congratulations to Kris' DH!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:23 AM | Locked

Love the embroidery block Judy.  This quilt will be amazing!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

I finally did sew on a quilt last night!  After quilting one for a friend and cutting shirts forever... I finally got to begin stitching the blocks back . My goal is to finish a baby quilt in two weeks and my DF grandson's quilt for Christmas.  Oh why do I still have to go to work?  I could do all that plus the painting I want done before the boys come home... Oh we'll we'll see.

to all have a warm quilty day.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

Kris:
Yes his first quilt. It was also his first time using a sewing machine.

Kriss, I am so impressed with his talent, especially being the first time he used a sewing machine.  I love the quilt.  I am sure his DS and BIL love it.    Ginny 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:06 AM | Locked

Judy ,your turkey is adorable . good job.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

I'm debating using crayons to add a touch of very slight color here and there. I probably won't as I'm afraid I would ruin it. All the blocks will have the same color embroidery floss.

This will be very pretty, Judy.  I can't wait to see your personalized blocks.

If a person were going to add color to an embroidery project like this, would it be added just after tracing the design and before sewing with floss?  Is it possible to add color later without getting it on the floss?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Judy T-Bellingham:

This will be very pretty, Judy.  I can't wait to see your personalized blocks.  If a person were going to add color to an embroidery project like this, would it be added just after tracing the design and before sewing with floss?  Is it possible to add color later without getting it on the floss? 

Good question Nancy. I did a Google and found some references. They all say to color then embroider. That makes sense. So, I don't think I'll do crayon color on this project. I think I have an extra one of the blocks I did for the 2011 Leavenworth where I machine thread painted Georges drawings. If I can find it, I'll use that to experiment.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
udy, we are doing Vintage Tin BOM also. I'm working on the motorcycle block and DH is going to get the job of cutting the piecing blocks lol.

Ms Moonmist, where are you doing the BOM for Vintage Tin? Is it online? I did find one but you had to buy the whole kit and I wanted to use my own fabrics. So I just bought the pattern.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 135 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use