Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 132 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 2:15 AM | Locked

Hi Thea, Your Mishka makes me think of our male cat that passed away last year. Same color and he also like to tell everyone what to do and when to do it. I miss him alot. His name was Grease Spot. Long story on how he got his name. My oldest daughter named he, she was the on that found him.

I got my part 2 of the MQ#7 finished today. It was harder to not repeat the color combos.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Nancy love the rag quilt , and  it seems Calley does to ,LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:10 AM | Locked

Thea, beauitful job on the quilting. Ilove it ..  So does Mishka..LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

at least you're still laughing, pat.   that's a quilty day to forget.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Thea, beauitful job on the quilting. Ilove it ..  So does Mishka..LOL 

Thank you Barbara - I tried!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

Thea, we have a cat that looks identical to Mishka.  She's our outdoor cat and does a wonderful job keeping the voles at bay.  Everyone in awhile she leaves us a present by the door.  Someone told me orange cats are nearly always males and females are very rare.  She's definitely a female, but she must be sterile.  She's never been pregnant.  We've had her about 3 yrs now. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:09 PM | Locked

Christine, I brought one orange tabby back from Japan with me - She didn't throw a single female orange kitten but threw at least 3 males - we brought 2 of those back with us but they have long gone over the rainbow bridge.  Mishka is almost a blond he is so light - I have a blond burmese male that is very light and Mishka is lighter then him... Mishka is our Garfield... so funny... today I had to run over to a neighbor's  - her electric bill had come in my mail and I had accidentally opened it - she didn't mind we do this to each other all the time - you would think I would learn to look at the name - always know it is hers as it is 1/3 of mine - her house is that much smaller... anyway we were coming back to my house as she needed to talk with DH and Mishka was on the trailer - just looking at us - I said hello to him and he stretched - Rosalind said Hello Mishka and the little s*)&) hissed at her then stretched again and laid down... I later made him mad at me by telling him he had really tiny ears... he just gave me a look... hasn't come near me all night...teehee...

Mishka is 6 years old - he was a drop off to my house... China is 14... Missy my female if still alive would have been 23... I think I have a picture of her...I searched and searched and is normally the case can't find one - found ones of most of the fur babies but Missy is hiding... I may have one that needs to be scanned - we had many pictures taken in Japan before I had a digital camera - I 'll look for them tomorrow... I know there is one on this computer somewhere though... she was a sweetie!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Joe that is a very nice baby quilt.  I'm curious when you say brain builder, do you mean because of the variety of colors and patterns or because you are going to add shapes as appliqués on top?  I haven't heard of a brain builder quilt before.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:57 AM | Locked

Proud Grandma to be researched and said that those black and whit zig-zag and check pattern were stimulating to brain of infant child. Then family members supplied other bits, which were all colors and bright.

So I made it into a matching game, like an IQ test. Which of these things go together? Which do not?

That's my story. I have the top done and started quilting now. It's interesting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:34 AM | Locked

Oh I so love Jennifer's Chiverini's books, read all of them up to this summer!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

Thea my cat Moccha does the exact same thing!  He even tried to stick his paw under the needle!  Even gets upset if I gently put him on the ground.  You gotta love'em!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 1:47 PM | Locked

i'm fixin' to work on a quilt.  i'm at the studio, does that count?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:34 PM | Locked

Gini, only if you have lots of chocolate with youl.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 4:06 PM | Locked

gini:
i'm fixin' to work on a quilt.  i'm at the studio, does that count?

Counts in my book. I'm thinking about it, lol. I have dil's quilt all pin basted, but the back is not as smooth as I would like. I am going to quilt one block and see if I can smooth out one block at a time. If that doesn't work then I am going to get a can of 505 and invite dil and son over to help me spray baste it. This quilt is going to be worn out before it ever gets quilted.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Linda,  it sounds like you had an excellent day with your grandson.   Haven't heard much from you lately.  Now I can see why- you have been terribly busy.LOL    Ginny

That birthday was in 2006. I'm worn out reliving it!!!!  If I stay off the computer, I get more work done.....especially Christmas presents. But I don't have time to do the Christmas cards I wanted to do so I'm creating them on the computer. Not really happy with what I've come up with but may not have time for playing around with it anymore. I still have to order my stamps.

I finally have 2 quilts in the finishing stage. I just started my round robin center square. I have 2 more quilts to quilt,,,the first 2 donations for the retreat center in AZ...with 10 more to go. Right now I.m not even thinking about my UFOs. At the beginning of the year I had planned to get them mostly done and I only got one done. I think God had a better focus for me. So if no one hears from me and wants to get in touch with me they will have to get me on my private email.

Hugs, Linda

Page 132 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use