Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 130 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

Actually, I used vitamin e oil for all my kids.  They all had eczema when they were young. Behind the knees and in the elbow area.  One had a problem with her face.  When she ate anything with any acid content, oranges, tomatoes etc she ended up with a horrible weepy rash and because she was a baby, she couldn't hit her mouth every time so you could actually see it start. My MIL used to give her tomatoes out of the garden and my daughter loved them but you couldn't tell MIL not to give them to her, they were healthy after all.   the better concentration of oil, the better it worked.  Kept the area lubricated and kept the itching down.  she has beautiful skin now. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,374
Points 48,750
Ginny replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:16 PM | Locked

That is going to be a really cute quilt, Joe.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:18 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
admire your "facelift". 

When Nancy says "get my good side"  in the photo, you'll have to ask if its the left or right.  She has good skin and she shouldn't have any problems with the reconstruction.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:24 PM | Locked

Christine, Patricia, and Vivian - Thanks for the advice on Vitamin E.  I didn't know it could be used topically.

I finished my rag quilt.  Once I've run it through the machines at the laundromat a couple of times, I'll post a picture.  I also have MQ7 cut out and am waiting anxiously for the next step.   My friend Terri just got back from a vacation to South Carolina, and she found a fun quilt shop and bought me a Moda batik jelly roll.  Sweet!

What to make, what to make...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

This will make a great infant quilt, Joe, so many different colors to stimulate the brain.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

This will make a great infant quilt, Joe, so many different colors to stimulate the brain.  

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

That's a nice roll right there MNancy. I see turtles, lizards, centipedes and possibly a dragon.

Probly you see something purtier.

I am pressing forth with the infant brain builder quilt. They are having the shower in Jan and I'm trying to get it ready for proud gramma visit here pre-Christmas.

Then it'll be time for new resolutions. I'm hoping I resolve to finish my UFO's before going into the design book. But I hear the Mamma Magic Kite Turtle and the Serious Centipede calling to me from the pages. It's a problem I have.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Tomorrow I'll be at another doctor for cheek reconstruction, but I don't think there will be any waiting room time.

Hi Nancy, I'm just catching up here and caught a glimpse of your picture and it really stopped me!  Hope all is going well with the re-construction and the pain meds are working for you. 

I bet you will never be without sunscreen again...EVER...no kidding!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310
Brigit-Carol replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:44 PM | Locked

Nancy - I had a melanoma removed off my cheek that left a scar running from my eye almost to my mouth.  Within about 6 months the scar was barely visible, and now it's all but invisible.  Yours will be also.

Lovely projects, everyone.  I'm working on items for a crafts fair so have been busy busy.  Will post some pics later.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:14 PM | Locked

Did I work on a quilt today? Yes I did. I machine sewed binding on two quilts for my boss today so she can hand sew them on her trip this weekend to her family Thanksgiving tomorrow. I worked at the quilt shop today and it was very slow today. Not worth keeping the doors open.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

Belfrybat:
I had a melanoma removed off my cheek that left a scar running from my eye almost to my mouth.  Within about 6 months the scar was barely visible, and now it's all but invisible.  Yours will be also.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:20 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I worked at the quilt shop today and it was very slow today. Not worth keeping the doors open.

Are you allowed to work on your own projects during slow periods?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Yes, I did work on a quilt today.  I got the borders on the Marine quilt and loaded it on the frame and actually began the quilting.  I also sewed and made the first cut on the MQ 7.  I'm thinking of cutting another one out...I  have Thimbleberries Twice the Charm pack that might work for another.  But maybe I'll wait until I see what this one looks like first....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:31 AM | Locked

i got two more harry potter blocks done, one left to go.   that frog took forever.   but he is finished and on the board.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:17 AM | Locked

I'm working on so many quilts right now I lost count. I'm making a quilt for Indy's trainer and at the moment she almost has her mind made up as to what she wants on the label. The quilt is a Christmas present for her husband. Then I'm binding my round robin quilt for my brother. Planning stages for next round robin center block and also a wall hanging for Pastor's office. And just started a wall hanging for my secret sister. I'm going in several directions. Then I got into my scrapbooking stuff....don't ask, but you can't easily walk into my computer room. But I put together a collage of the day DGS and I spent the day together for his birthday. We went the Louisville Slugger Museum, Science Center, a movie, then I took him home for the surprise birthday party. I even have our original tickets. Now I'm tired and ready to go back to bed. Hugs, Linda

• | Post Points: 50
Page 130 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use