Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 127 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 125 126 127 128 129 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:11 PM | Locked

Patti:
I saw this line and the photo first before reading the rest.  and I thought "Wow, she must have been looking real close and snipping fast to get her cheek! "

I was think the same thing Patti.

Nancy, I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:26 PM | Locked

Patti:
and I thought "Wow, she must have been looking real close and snipping fast to get her cheek! "

Oh, good, that's the line that I'll use when people ask me what happened to my face.  I've been trying to come up with some snappy response. LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:27 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. (((HUGS)))

Thanks, Spud.  I hope I don't come out looking like Frankenstein!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:36 PM | Locked

The best thing for rag quilts is accuquilt rag cutter die. Most quilt stores have one and most will rent it out or so much per hr. it is very fast and if you prepare ahead of time should not cost too much. 

I thought the same thing that you had a run with some scissors. Heal fast!

Nana, T&P for you.  (((Hugs)))

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:43 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

I did work on a quilt even though I was stuck in a doctor's waiting room for most of the day.   Who was it that warned me that snipping the edges of a rag quilt was the worst part of its construction.  You were SO right!  I was undergoing the Mohs procedure for skin cancer today, and I knew I'd have an hour+ wait for lab results after each excision, so finishing the rag quilt there seemed like the perfect way to kill time.  There were four excisions, so that was nearly five hours of waiting, and that still wasn't enough time to finish snipping that quilt.  Boy, did I leave a mess on the waiting room carpet!

So thanks, someone, for the warning about the tediousness of rag quilt snipping.  Next time, give me a warning to wear sun screen!

Tomorrow I'll be at another doctor for cheek reconstruction, but I don't think there will be any waiting room time.

Oh my MNnancy... you are a really brave Lady. Best of luck and I hope they got all the cancer, my prayers going out your way. I hope the pain meds are still working so you don't have to fret over the "mess"! Pleasant dreams!

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:01 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I did work on a quilt even though I was stuck in a doctor's waiting room for most of the day.

I hope you are not in too much pain.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:50 AM | Locked

It's good to see you smiling Nancy. Can't have been a pleasant experience. Best of luck with the reconstruction.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:42 AM | Locked

Nancy, I hope they got everything out.  The waiting time is always stressful.

karla, those are beautiful quilts.  Your grandson will be honored to have a quilt made with love by you.

the pinwheel one is adorable! I can see so many potential recipients.

Par the butterfly quilt ant tree wall hanging are beautiful too. Thie will make some very happy people on Christmas morning.

i have seen beautiful BOM, teacups pin cushions, basket quilt with appliqué and many more as it had been almost two weeks since I last got on.

Whew! Yes I did work on a quilt yesterday. I finished quilting one for a friend. Now my focus will be to make and finish one for a friend DGS. If it works out I will get pictures soos.  For now it's off to work I go...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Best of luck with the reconstruction.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!  I leave for the doctor in an hour.  I've accepted the fact that for the first year, I'm going to have a nasty scar running across my face.  I've heard this surgeon is good and that after a year, the scar should fade mostly away.  No pain to this point.  After the stitches go in, I'm sure there will be pulling for a while.  I'm getting a "reverse" facelift - they'll pull skin from the jowl up to close the wound.  My jaw line will look so youthful...from one side!  LOL

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:04 AM | Locked

MNnancy I haven't been on the site for a while. I am so sorry to hear that you have cancer. May our dear Lord keep you safe and comfort you in his arms, and guide the medical people who are taking care of you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:11 AM | Locked

In the past week I finally finished the quilt for my special project at church in AZ and shipped it off, got my round robin quilt back from the quilter and I'm getting ready to bind it, and last night I just finished quilting a quilt for Indy's trainer. And this morning I'm doing tracings and ordered fabric for my center square for next round robin. As far as quilts goes I think that's it. . oh and I started a wall hanging for my secret sister. Now that's all I can tell you about. The rest is a secret....shhhh!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

Nancy wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope the results are good .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Nancy, even with that cheek patch, you have such a beautiful smile.  Praying for a good recovery as well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

I woke up early, about 3:30, and got up to play. I keep going back to the Civil War patterns from the Parasols group. I've made five of the doll sized quilts so far and really enjoy these little projects. When I need a diversion or something to just relax with, I'll pull out the book and pick one to make. I'm using two different books, Little Quilts and Civil War Sewing Circle. Eventually I may put them together in one quilt. They are different sizes but I can use sashing rows of stars, houses, flowers whatever to bring them up to size. The one I did this morning is the flag quilt. I may make it larger with blue star blocks top and bottom.

Here are what I've done so far

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 10:33 AM | Locked

Judy, those are so pretty. I love the colors and the little quilts absolutely amaze me.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 127 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 125 126 127 128 129 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use